Author Topic: 2014-02-13 - O2 Apollo - Manchester, UK  (Read 22391 times)

Offline John94

2014-02-13 - O2 Apollo - Manchester, UK
« on: June 24, 2013, 06:43:33 AM »
I'm going! Been on the last two occasions to Manchester.

Also asked the Apollo staff via twitter if the event is all seating and it is, like 2012 shows.

Tickets on general sale on Friday 28th June! (O2 Priority members will be on sale on Wednesday 26th June)

Offline jonnybaxy

• Step after step We try controlling our fate When we finally start living it's become too late
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2014-02-13 - O2 Apollo - Manchester, UK
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 05:18:00 PM »
Damn all seated  ::) Bit of a buzzkill, but Cant wait!! might be a few months before i can buy... Do you know if the seats are pre arranged or first come first served?

Offline duncan3dc

• PHP Ninja
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 04:57:44 AM »
Tickets will definitely be allocated

They've put some on sale now, looks like the best are reserved though
https://dreamtheater.net/tourdates

Offline jonnybaxy

• Step after step We try controlling our fate When we finally start living it's become too late
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 06:00:00 AM »
Damn but I wont be able to buy it for about a month or so depending on if i decide to go platinum VIP or not, so I might get decent seats
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 05:43:55 PM by jonnybaxy »

Offline Stef1

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 10:16:34 AM »
Just ordered tickets for me and my wife. :metal
Anyone know any good hotels near the venue?

Offline MajorMatt

• DT.net Member
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 10:56:13 AM »
I'll probably make an appearance, had some great seats last time, front and dead center of the balcony. Funny thing is I got those last minute, strange how they hadn't been reserved.

Offline FrostbiteZ

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 03:38:52 PM »
I have booked a room at Premier Inn City Centre. It is 2 minutes from Manchester Piccadilly station an about 20 minutes walk from o2 Apollo. There are other hotels that are a bit closer, but I have only good experiences with the Premier Inn chain + they have a great breakfast menu

Offline weezul

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 05:38:56 PM »
that's expensive. Hopefully the o2 sale will be better tomorrow!
https://www.liamgaughan.com
--Production--Performance--Tuition--

Offline Stef1

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 12:23:21 AM »
I have booked a room at Premier Inn City Centre. It is 2 minutes from Manchester Piccadilly station an about 20 minutes walk from o2 Apollo. There are other hotels that are a bit closer, but I have only good experiences with the Premier Inn chain + they have a great breakfast menu
Thanks FrostbiteZ.
what is security like at the venue?
Tried videoing at Leeds 2011 but due to security only managed just over 30 minutes. (This is available on the Hub for anyone who would like it.)
My seats are in the stalls, will I be in with a chance of getting some decent video do you know?

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 12:34:21 AM »
I can speak for him. He managed to tape a good part of the show without great difficulties 2012, so I guess there won't me major problems this time either.  :tup
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline FrostbiteZ

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2013, 01:02:16 AM »
I can speak for him. He managed to tape a good part of the show without great difficulties 2012, so I guess there won't me major problems this time either.  :tup
I hope so. Cause my plan is to try record an entire show at either Manchester or Wolverhampton

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2013, 01:07:59 AM »
I plan on doing the same in Firenze or Rome or both. What I have come to call "The Frostbitez Files" have become the diamond in my collection, so keep them going :D

Won't you attend Wembley this time, though?
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline FrostbiteZ

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2013, 02:40:33 AM »
I plan on doing the same in Firenze or Rome or both. What I have come to call "The Frostbitez Files" have become the diamond in my collection, so keep them going :D

Won't you attend Wembley this time, though?
Thx :)
Wembley is also on my schedule and for sure I will try to get some footage, but for Wembley I have chosen floor seating (got 3rd row on JP's side) and in Manchester and Wolverhampton I have opted for balcony as I think it must be less tiring for the arms recording a whole show while sitting down

And right now I'm crunching the numbers to see if I should make a detour to Amsterdam before heading back to Denmark for the Copenhagen date

Offline John94

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2013, 03:12:46 AM »
Ordered my tickets, got the exact same seats as the last show! Spooky. Just need to sort out my national express stuff.

Offline duncan3dc

• PHP Ninja
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2013, 03:18:16 AM »
Ordered my tickets, got the exact same seats as the last show! Spooky. Just need to sort out my national express stuff.
Got mine now, 2nd row (BB) on the right hand balcony, always an amazing view from there

Offline jonnybaxy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2013, 02:17:39 PM »
It would seem, the middle stalls aren't on sale or have sold out, as I went on DT.net and looked for best Platinum VIP tickets and it was the myung side stalls row E... Thats not very good for the price, i'd expect to be front and central for that money! 

Offline duncan3dc

• PHP Ninja
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2013, 02:30:49 PM »
It would seem, the middle stalls aren't on sale or have sold out, as I went on DT.net and looked for best Platinum VIP tickets and it was the myung side stalls row E... Thats not very good for the price, i'd expect to be front and central for that money!

Different websites get different sections allocated. Try ticketmaster, seetickets, ticketline, or livenation

Offline jonnybaxy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2013, 02:32:46 PM »
Surely DT.net would have the best stall seats though? (INB4 dont call me Surely)

Offline duncan3dc

• PHP Ninja
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2013, 02:49:30 PM »
Surely DT.net would have the best stall seats though? (INB4 dont call me Surely)

Fair point, but not always. Certain sites have contracts with promoters to get the best allocations.

Offline krands85

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2013, 06:14:45 AM »
Was disappointed when I heard the band weren't coming to Scotland this time and gutted when it was confirmed to be an 'Evening With' tour.

Thought it would be a bit too expensive to justify coming down to England to see them. But then I noticed that I could get a cheaper train if I split my tickets and decent accommodation cheaper than I thought too. So I've just gone and bought a ticket for Manchester  :laugh: :metal Figured I might not get another chance to see them do an Evening With show, so just decided to go for it.

So I'll be travelling down to Manchester (most likely on my own!  :omg: ) from Perth. Never been to Manchester, aside from a stop off at the airport when I was a kid.

Not sure what my view is gonna be like though, I'm in seat X3 - seems to be second row of the rear stalls, on JPs side. Anyone know what the view will be like from there, especially since it's so far to the right hand side?
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline the-glass-prison

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2013, 07:19:21 AM »
Like your good self, Krands85, I am travelling down from Scotland (not far from Glasgow, so not quite the distance that you've got!!) DT done this before, where they missed Scotland out on the first leg, but came up for the second. However, I'm not sure if it would be an evening with, so, like you, I've decided to travel from Glasgow.

Slightly annoyed about the allocation of tickets. General sale was today at 10.00. I was logged on bang on 10 and used the link on the apollo site which took me to ticketmaster. Best available seat, stalls, row N seat 45. This is on Myungs side and is 2 seats from the very end. My question is, where have the tickets for the 1st 13 rows gone? I don't believe they would've sold as many as that in the space of 1 minute, especially at £55 per ticket. I checked seetickets as well, best they had was row M, centre, which would've been slightly better but I've never used this ticket company before.

The last time I was in Manchester was to see Transatlantic at the academy. Think I got lucky with hotel though. Booked the Travelodge Upper Brook Street and it only cost £20. Family room all to myself!! I believe (correct me if I'm wrong), that it's only approx 15 minute walk from there to the venue?

Just need to decide if i'm driving down or taking the train.

Offline duncan3dc

• PHP Ninja
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2013, 07:22:03 AM »
Slightly annoyed about the allocation of tickets. General sale was today at 10.00. I was logged on bang on 10 and used the link on the apollo site which took me to ticketmaster. Best available seat, stalls, row N seat 45. This is on Myungs side and is 2 seats from the very end. My question is, where have the tickets for the 1st 13 rows gone? I don't believe they would've sold as many as that in the space of 1 minute, especially at £55 per ticket. I checked seetickets as well, best they had was row M, centre, which would've been slightly better but I've never used this ticket company before.

They've been on sale via the Official Dream Theater site since Tuesday, and Via O2 Priority (TicketMaster) since Wednesday.

Also, as covered a few posts up, different websites get different allocations

Offline jonnybaxy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2013, 07:24:59 AM »
This is also my question, where are all the stall seats? Also VIP is nowhere to be found now, the website redirects you to ticketmaster who only sell regular...

Offline the-glass-prison

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2013, 07:25:21 AM »
I looked at the priority on Wednesday afternoon and the seats offered where even further back that what I got. I don't seem to get luck with priority  :lol. Always seem to end up getting better seats on the general sale. Just thought I would've got better than what i did. Nevertheless, I am happy that I will be there  :metal

Offline the-glass-prison

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2013, 07:29:16 AM »
I am also interested to see how many people are travelling to this show from up north. Pity Wolverhampton wasn't the following night. I would have went to that 1 as well. They got London and Wolverhampton the wrong way round.

Offline duncan3dc

• PHP Ninja
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2013, 07:31:16 AM »
This is also my question, where are all the stall seats? Also VIP is nowhere to be found now, the website redirects you to ticketmaster who only sell regular...

VIP is sold out now, it was available via https://www.dreamtheater.net/tourdates

Offline krands85

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2013, 07:45:58 AM »
The last time I was in Manchester was to see Transatlantic at the academy. Think I got lucky with hotel though. Booked the Travelodge Upper Brook Street and it only cost £20. Family room all to myself!! I believe (correct me if I'm wrong), that it's only approx 15 minute walk from there to the venue?
Yeah that's the hotel I looked at last night and it was £20 for the night. https://goo.gl/maps/Fpiq6 - That shows the route from the hotel to the venue on Google maps, which suggests a 15minute walk like you say (probably 10minutes for a fast walker like me ;D) Seems to be about double that distance from Piccadilly train station to the Travelodge - 1.4miles - so around a 20-30minute walk.

You can only book train tickets a max of 12 weeks in advance, but it looks like you'd be able to get 2 direct singles from Glasgow Central and back again for £16 each if you book far enough in advance.
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline the-glass-prison

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2013, 08:04:46 AM »
WOW!! Cheap train prices. Cheers, I'll be looking into that nearer the time.

Offline the-glass-prison

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2013, 08:29:29 AM »
Ticketmaster are playing sillybeggars. Just went on as if I was booking another ticket and it throws up front stalls E15. Big difference from E to N.  >:( >:( :tdwn

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2013, 08:33:58 AM »
That's why I never check again after I've bought my ticket. Always seems to happen.

Offline jonnybaxy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2013, 06:17:23 PM »

VIP is sold out now, it was available via https://www.dreamtheater.net/tourdates

That's what I was on, Seems to be back now

Offline John94

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2013, 10:33:41 AM »
I just emailed ticketmaster to ask a few questions about timing and opening acts... this was my reply.

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused, but unfortunately accurate runtime information is usually only available on the day of the event after any sound checks have been completed. If runtime information has not already been made available, please contact us again after this time and we will do our best to give you an idea of approximate event timings.

The only information we have at the moment is the the door time, door open at 7pm.

Also there will be a support act.

I apologise that I am unable to offer any further assistance at present, but should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us

Offline jonnybaxy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2013, 02:26:20 PM »
Is it just me or is this whole album a P/R nightmare... No 2 places have the same story

Offline duncan3dc

• PHP Ninja
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2013, 02:44:59 PM »
Is it just me or is this whole album a P/R nightmare... No 2 places have the same story
Could be due to them trying to keep something special under wraps

Offline weezul

« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2013, 12:49:52 PM »
soo.... got my tickets today...

https://www.liamgaughan.com
--Production--Performance--Tuition--