Author Topic: 2014-02-24 - Icehall - Helsinki, FIN  (Read 14407 times)

Offline adastra

Re: 2014-02-24 - Icehall - Helsinki, FIN
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2013, 01:18:14 AM »
YEAH! I got my paycheck and bought 2  seated meet-n-greet tickets. It cost something like 430€  :o
Now I can only afford noodles for next month but i guess it is worth it  :laugh:
My wife would kill me if she'd know....  :P
Stay by my side / as I fade / so you can point to the end of my struggle /and the twilight of eternal days / at the low, dark edge of life.

Offline weirdo

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2013, 09:13:14 AM »
Bumbing this thread after 5 months of complete silence  :P

I bought the tickets five months ago via DT's website. I picked the "Best available" seats and it gave me a seat from segment E7. I bought them because I obviously thought all the better ones were taken already. They were the "Best Available" after all.
Well, I checked out lippupalvelu.fi today, and it turns out that I can now buy pretty much any seat I want (expept the very nearest seated segments), even the "standing" ones in the field. I can't refund or exchange the ones I bought in the summer, so.... yeah... fail much? 

But... I guess they won't be that bad... better than nothing right?

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2013, 09:26:34 AM »
My seat is in F1, so you have a better one :P

Offline weirdo

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2013, 09:51:02 AM »
My seat is in F1, so you have a better one :P

Yeah :smiley:, well, based on the earlier posts the upper corner seats are pretty good as well (never been to a concert like this so I can't really tell  :P). You hear the music, which ofc is most important, see the screens and get the whole live show experience. It just would've been pretty cool to see the guys up close....   :P

Offline YtseJamittaja

• Yub Nub
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2013, 11:06:01 PM »
I don't have a ticket yet but I think I can solve my timetable in the army so I could attend... If I get free day, I could buy meet&greet ticket... That would be my Dream. :)
Do you even whahíbrido pickingant?

M Y  L A S T. F M  P R O F I L E

Offline adastra

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2013, 11:33:20 PM »
I don't have a ticket yet but I think I can solve my timetable in the army so I could attend... If I get free day, I could buy meet&greet ticket... That would be my Dream. :)

VLV+KL!!!!!!
Stay by my side / as I fade / so you can point to the end of my struggle /and the twilight of eternal days / at the low, dark edge of life.

Offline YtseJamittaja

• Yub Nub
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2013, 10:43:44 AM »

VLV+KL!!!!!!

I have UKs (urheilukomennus urheilukoulussa) here. Just have to say that I have a long and hard training in Helsinki ;)

Offline adastra

« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2013, 12:43:02 AM »

VLV+KL!!!!!!

I have UKs (urheilukomennus urheilukoulussa) here. Just have to say that I have a long and hard training in Helsinki ;)

So it is settled then,  See you at the meet & greet! ^___^ !

Offline YtseJamittaja

• Yub Nub
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2013, 01:16:51 AM »

VLV+KL!!!!!!

So it is settled then,  See you at the meet & greet! ^___^ !

Hopefully... :)

Offline erik16

• The one on the right
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2013, 06:54:05 AM »
Now it is certain. Got myself the 75 € (?correct?) ticket. Thanks Dad!  :tup, gotta repay it later. Now gotta find a place where to stay, luckily my aunt lives not too far away from Helsinki and there could be someone in Helsinki as well. Is the whole concert really seated? In 2009 the ground level in front of the stage wasn't.

Offline ?

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2013, 07:02:26 AM »
Is the whole concert really seated? In 2009 the ground level in front of the stage wasn't.
Nope, as you can see in the map: https://www.lippupalvelu.fi/event/dream-theater-lippuja/115309 On the other hand, I wouldn't like to stand throughout the whole 3-hour set :D

Offline adastra

« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2013, 07:03:28 AM »
Now it is certain. Got myself the 75 € (?correct?) ticket. Thanks Dad!  :tup, gotta repay it later. Now gotta find a place where to stay, luckily my aunt lives not too far away from Helsinki and there could be someone in Helsinki as well. Is the whole concert really seated? In 2009 the ground level in front of the stage wasn't.

Haha no!! :D 

Offline Progmetalfan

« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2013, 08:04:49 AM »
Great  :metal I got finally tickets to Helsinki gig! Woohoo!

Offline ?

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2014, 03:40:00 AM »
4 days to go! :metal

Unfortunately I have a few classes in the afternoon and my train arrives pretty late, so I won't have time for a meet-up :sad: On the other hand, most of you seem to have bought the meet-and-greet package anyway...

Offline YtseJamittaja

• Yub Nub
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2014, 11:44:44 PM »
Have fun, I have to go to the forest then. Fuck the army.

Offline ?

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2014, 01:51:17 AM »
Man, that sucks! Sorry to hear that :(

Offline Fisi

« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2014, 06:35:08 AM »
Oh my, I'm really sorry to hear that, it must really suck.  :tdwn I'm glad I spent only one week there before going for the non-military service instead.

So, those of you who are coming anyway, is there any demand for the meet-up? I have the meet-and-greet and I have to be there for it at 17:15, but I have nothing before it except for an Italian lesson which I can easily skip if needed.

Offline adastra

« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2014, 01:18:06 AM »
I want back to the army x_x Those were the best of times...
But yeah!  Concert tonight!! finally got email from crowdsurge about the meet and greet packages.

Anyone else coming to meet and greet???

Offline Progmetalfan

« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2014, 01:21:43 AM »
Nyt on vähän ;D. Yippee I will see DT 3rd time :metal :P

Offline adastra

« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2014, 01:23:19 AM »
Nyt on vähän ;D. Yippee I will see DT 3rd time :metal :P

Same here!!!!! Octavarium tour, ADTOE tour  and THIS!!!!!!!

Offline ?

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2014, 06:42:28 AM »
My train leaves in 20 minutes - just a bit over 4 hours until the awesomeness begins!

Offline adastra

« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2014, 06:51:04 AM »
My train leaves in 20 minutes - just a bit over 4 hours until the awesomeness begins!

^___^ ! YOLO!

Offline ?

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2014, 02:36:01 PM »
Wow.

Offline Zukuduku

« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2014, 02:51:06 PM »
Just came back from the show. Really good one again! In the first two songs (The Enemy Inside and The Shattered Fortress) there was maybe a little bit of nervousness, but from On The Backs of Angels onwards it was very relaxed and flawless playing. Hopefully the band comes back soon, can't wait to hear it again.

Although this was my fifth DT show live, it was the first time I saw complete version of The Dance of Eternity. It was even more awesome than in the studio or live releases. And how easy it looked! One really has to salute the band members' professionalism and dedication to their craft. I also really liked the ending song Finally Free.

Offline Fisi

« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2014, 03:09:23 PM »

Offline adastra

« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2014, 04:51:04 PM »
Pretty nice show!  M&G was great!   
It was great to hear Dance Of Eternity live! First time for me too.
LaBrie had a good day. He sounded great! Petrucci took couple of shortcuts with some of solos...  I've never heard Petrucci/Rudess improvise this much when playing solos.... Don't know why it so, but many many many solos were played differently than on album.

Offline nemonius

« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2014, 11:24:03 PM »
Fourth time seeing them and must say Dance of Eternity and Space-Dye Vest was my highpoints along with Breaking All Illusions. Great show in over all :)

Offline weirdo

« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2014, 01:57:03 AM »
Awesome show! On a train back to Oulu now. Flawless performance by Labrie. Great and surprising setlist too (space dye vest ! :heart  :heart  :heart). Gotta say I enjoyed the older song more live, though its usually the other way around with the studio albums. I agree that space dye vest and the dance of eternity were the higlights, enigma machine + drum solo was pretty fun too. And the encore.. Four songs! I thought at first that they were gonna play the usual metropolis pt.1, but soon realised it was from the scenes  ;). Btw Did mangini break a cymbal at the very end of finally free, i noticed a drum tech came to take it off  :D.

The seats I got werent so bad either, I think I would have got my ears blown off and my feet go numb if I would've been in the front, heck, my ears hurt even with earplugs on, almost in the farhtest corner of hall. I got there like 1,5 h early though, so I would've been on the very front if I had the field(?)tickets... I don't know if anyone of you saw me, but I had to turn back in the entrance and go change my crowdsurge tickets to the actual tickets in the box office, thank god I didn't have go all the way to the end of the line after that  :lol. Idk, i thought the box office would be inside the venue or something :facepalm:

Offline ?

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2014, 02:09:41 AM »
Professionally filmed clip from last night: https://www.iltalehti.fi/iltvmusiikki/20140225037649722_a4.shtml Iltalehti also posted a review of the show that was not so positive :P

I'm on the train back to Tampere and I'll post my own report when I get there.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2014, 02:14:56 AM »
Love how all professionally filmed clips are invariably from the first or second song  :censored
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2014, 02:15:05 AM »
Thanks for the clip! :metal
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Fisi

« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2014, 03:15:31 AM »
Love how all professionally filmed clips are invariably from the first or second song  :censored
Yeah, and this one has some parts that aren't even from The Enemy Inside, and it doesn't even have the whole song. :(

When it comes to the gig itself, oh my God how awesome it was. First of all, the Meet & Greet was great. Some awkwardness is guaranteed when meeting with your heroes, but seriously, these guys are so nice and they make it as comfortable as possible. I actually managed to have a decent conversation with Jordan, and after that everything else was a lot easier.  :D We also got to the merchandise area before anyone else, and really the coolest thing was to get to the venue before the others. We got some really nice places from the first row, and in my opinion it was really easy to stand there for the whole gig. So, if you're planning to do the Meet & Greet and are thinking whether to take a standing ticket or a seated place, I'd definitely recommend the standing option.  :tup

I knew the setlist very well in advance, so there weren't going to be any surprises. However, I was really happy with the songs and all the band members performed flawlessly, especially James was on fire. It was nice to see him altering some of the vocal lines in The Enemy Inside for example. Also I was really surprised how good the sound was on the field. I wore ear plugs as I always do, but nevertheless it felt like everything was really clear, almost as if they weren't even playing loud. Still you could feel all the power, so it was all good.  :metal

Obviously you couldn't really see all the video stuff from the first row, and I guess I would've been too excited to really concentrate on it anyway, so now I'm really hoping for a Bluray from this tour to really appreciate all that stuff.  Please guys, make it happen, this amazing show needs to be documented.  :hefdaddy

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2014, 05:48:38 AM »
We also got to the merchandise area before anyone else, and really the coolest thing was to get to the venue before the others. We got some really nice places from the first row, and in my opinion it was really easy to stand there for the whole gig. So, if you're planning to do the Meet & Greet and are thinking whether to take a standing ticket or a seated place, I'd definitely recommend the standing option.  :tup

Both times I've been in the M&G, we've gone straight for the middle of the floor just in front of the mixing desk, while everyone else lines up right along the front barricade and gives us weird looks. :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline weirdo

« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2014, 06:14:44 AM »
We also got to the merchandise area before anyone else, and really the coolest thing was to get to the venue before the others. We got some really nice places from the first row, and in my opinion it was really easy to stand there for the whole gig. So, if you're planning to do the Meet & Greet and are thinking whether to take a standing ticket or a seated place, I'd definitely recommend the standing option.  :tup

Both times I've been in the M&G, we've gone straight for the middle of the floor just in front of the mixing desk, while everyone else lines up right along the front barricade and gives us weird looks. :lol

Well I would give you a weird look too, why on earth would you do that?   ;D

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2014, 06:22:33 AM »

Well I would give you a weird look too, why on earth would you do that?   ;D

Better mix, better volume, better view of the overall stage, not getting crushed (which we would have, because everyone rushed the stage as soon as DT came on). Take your pick!
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.