Author Topic: DT and Stryper?!?  (Read 1320 times)

Offline theanalogkid7

• Just a guy
  • There are many knots I cannot untie.
DT and Stryper?!?
« on: July 10, 2013, 12:23:09 PM »
Just saw this on James's Twitter:

Maybe a DT and Stryper Tour?!?!  :rollin :rollin
We are here to make everything better. We are going to make airplanes out of beef. - Alex Lifeson

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: DT and Stryper?!?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 12:54:43 PM »

Not gonna happen.  ...But I'd love it if it did.  :biggrin:  The only way I could see them playing the same show is if it was a big festival.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Another_Won

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Attest to the mighty river.Let the truth be heard!
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 03:50:23 PM »

Not gonna happen.  ...But I'd love it if it did.  :biggrin:  The only way I could see them playing the same show is if it was a big festival.

Ha ha, That would be awesome!  "To Hell with the Devil . . . " :metal

Offline theanalogkid7

• Just a guy
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 04:04:14 PM »
Sweet's voice back in the day was by far one of the best metal voices. I've always loved listening to them.
We are here to make everything better. We are going to make airplanes out of beef. - Alex Lifeson

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 04:13:18 PM »
Sweet's voice back in the day was by far one of the best metal voices. I've always loved listening to them.

He's still incredible.  He has taken really good care of his voice.  He doesn't have quite the endurance he once had, but his range is still amazing, and age has only made his voice more warm and less shrill, IMO.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline theanalogkid7

• Just a guy
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 04:43:46 PM »
Maybe I need to listen again. I heard some live stuff and it didn't sound too hot. But that was live, and on YouTube, so yeah probably not the best way to judge - haha.

Offline a51502112

• Canada!
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 05:36:48 PM »
If you're going to do Brad Delp's vocal parts on tour with Boston, you better be good... and Sweet is the real deal.