Author Topic: 2013-14 NBA thread v. Adam Silver Lays the Pipe on Donald Sterling ©2014antigoon  (Read 112760 times)

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
Hand down.... MAN DOWN!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
Didn't think losing Ibaka would mean this much.

Also, Pop is a really good coach.  Credit to Brooks for trying to be creative, but Pop had the smarter lineups and adjustments.
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline Syzzle

I missed the 2nd half of the game, but did Scott Brooks really play Durant at Center? If so he should have been fired right there on the spot :lol

Offline Azyiu

Didn't think losing Ibaka would mean this much.

Also, Pop is a really good coach.  Credit to Brooks for trying to be creative, but Pop had the smarter lineups and adjustments.

Without Ibaka, the Thunder loses arguably their 2nd most athletic guy on the floor. He is also their main shot blocker / rebounder / defensive anchor. The Thunder tried to out score the Spurs with a super small lineup in the 2nd half, and it only got way worse! Unless they figure out something reliable to slow down the Spurs, the Thunder are in serious trouble!
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni

Not only that, Pop managed to modify the offense so much that they ended scoring more points in the paint than they normally do. He is without a question the best coach in the NBA.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
Oh Auerbach, who art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy nine rings.
Thy Larry O' Brien trophies will come
Thy plays will be run,
on the parquet, as it was during the Russell era Celtics dynasty.
Give us this day our Luck of the Irish
And forgive us our 25 win season,
As we forgive Paul Gaston and Rick Pitino
And lead us not onto the mediocrity treadmill
But deliver us into a first place lottery finish.
For thine is the Garden,
The championships, and glory over the Lakers,

Amen.
Over and over again

Offline Azyiu

The draft lotto is tonight. Realistically, I think the Lakers could only get as high as the #3 pick.
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Realistically, I won't be surprised if the NBA does some of their special rigging to ensure the Lakers and Celtics both benefit. 

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
Amazing Spurs tribute video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6NbJMq-QfU&feature=youtu.be

EDIT:  This is a more dry video breaking down what kind of stuff the Spurs run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fKtu6YoIxg

The big thing to note in the second video - The Spurs offense has a lot of options based on what the defense does or in case something goes wrong.  The players are never standing around wondering what to do.  Contrast this with the Thunder.  If they run a play and it doesn't work, they just pass it to Durant or Westbrook and hope they score.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 10:19:52 AM by ReaPsTA »
Over and over again

Offline contest_sanity

^ You could say that the Spurs offense is in CONSTANT MOTION

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Lotto funny stuff!
« Reply #1165 on: May 20, 2014, 10:59:12 AM »
Realistically, I won't be surprised if the NBA does some of their special rigging to ensure the Lakers and Celtics both benefit.

Kev :lol  How has the C's done in the past with the lotto?!  Remember having 2 picks with the most balls and getting the #3 and #6 pick loosing out on Tim Duncan and in 07, having 2 second most amount of balls only to get the #5 pick, (which they did trade the player, Jeff Green*Ironic!* to get Ray Allen.

The league has really helped them out man. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
If I were Kevin Love, I'd want to leave the Wolves too.

About his teammate Kevin Love, the Spanish point guard says that "he is a special player, the numbers that he puts up are incredible, but still the leader has to be somebody else (...) He leads in scoring, in other things, but in voice he is not the type of player that wants to be or that can be, no? There are different types of leaders. Still, it did not have to have been him, it should have been Kevin Martin, with a little more experience, or even I can take a step further and start to be the definitive leader."

Shouldn't Rubio crack 40% shooting before he says stuff like this?
Over and over again

Offline senecadawg2

Amazing Spurs tribute video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6NbJMq-QfU&feature=youtu.be

EDIT:  This is a more dry video breaking down what kind of stuff the Spurs run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fKtu6YoIxg

The big thing to note in the second video - The Spurs offense has a lot of options based on what the defense does or in case something goes wrong.  The players are never standing around wondering what to do.  Contrast this with the Thunder.  If they run a play and it doesn't work, they just pass it to Durant or Westbrook and hope they score.

Thanks for sharing- I really enjoyed watching the videos. More importantly, a great reminder of why I really enjoy watching the Spurs.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti

Thank you for sharing this, especially that first video....it brought me to tears. Those highlights should shut every naysayer who says the Spurs are too boring to watch. The ball movement is gorgeous! It's poetry in motion. How is winning boring?

However, as a Spurs fan, i do wish these videos would recognize the other pieces who pushed and influenced this dynasty by the likes of David Robinson, Sean Elliot, Avery Johnson, Vinny Del Negro, and Mario Elie.

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
However, as a Spurs fan, i do wish these videos would recognize the other pieces who pushed and influenced this dynasty by the likes of David Robinson, Sean Elliot, Avery Johnson, Vinny Del Negro, and Mario Elie.

I think what's happened is that appreciating the Spurs has really become a thing in the last couple years.  They started running an offense with heavy motion (really intriguing to hardcore basketball fans) and finding ways to squeeze more and more out of their role players.  So while the guys you mention have faded into history a bit, Danny Green, Kawhi Leonard, Patty Mills, and so on are getting a lot of appreciation.
Over and over again

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
Can't take this stress.  Come on... come on......
Over and over again

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!

Wrong. :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8-HDUBbtgQ
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 06:33:31 PM by kingshmegland »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
Celtics pushed back to six.

Christ.
Over and over again

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
Cleveland again? Holy shit!

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
I'd be for rigging the draft if they never got another #1 pick.  They're just gonna waste it.
Over and over again

Offline Syzzle

Yeah should have rigged it for the Celtics or Lakers at least they will actually do something with the #1 pick.

Offline Syzzle

Did Beasley fuck a coaches wife or something? Fucking play him already holy shit :lol

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
I didn't see much of the game, but wow the Pacers D made a lot of mistakes.  They kept helping off corner 3 point shooters, and got burnt multiple times.

This is why you can't collapse mid-season and just turn it back on.  The regular season is where you built the habits that let you win when it counts.  Pacers D is now making major mistakes.
Over and over again

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

Wrong. :lol

Oops. :facepalm: :lol

I'd be for rigging the draft if they never got another #1 pick.  They're just gonna waste it.

Haha, exactly.  Wiggins is probably already thinking, "Shit, I gotta go to Cleveland??"

Offline Syzzle

Offline Azyiu

What happened to "the league would give either the Celtics or Lakers at least a top 3 pick" conspiracy now? Oh wait, the Cavs won the #1 pick for THIRD time since 2011!  :lol

Oh, and so much for home court advantage, eh? The Heat only needed to win one of the first two at Indy, and they did. Now they are looking mighty good heading back home. As said before, Heat in 5 or 6.  :hat
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
I didn't say it would happen; I merely said I wouldn't be surprised if it did. :P

The fact that the NBA doesn't do the lottery thing with the balls live has always made it, um, shall we say, questionable.

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.

What happened to "the league would give either the Celtics or Lakers at least a top 3 pick" conspiracy now? Oh wait, the Cavs won the #1 pick for THIRD time since 2011!  :lol

Oh, and so much for home court advantage, eh? The Heat only needed to win one of the first two at Indy, and they did. Now they are looking mighty good heading back home. As said before, Heat in 5 or 6.  :hat

Of course the Pacers have actually played better on the road in these playoffs than they have at home, so I wouldn't be fitting Miami for championship rings just yet.   :lol
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
I don't think Miami will beat the Spurs this year anyway. 

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
Grizz letting Wolves interview Joerger.

Really stupid by the Grizz.
Over and over again

Offline Azyiu

George was diagnosed with a concussion, and he must be clear of all symptoms before he is allowed to play again. Good luck, Pacers.

https://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/10964763/2014-nba-playoffs-paul-george-indiana-pacers-diagnosed-concussion
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,

Offline Syzzle

How many times do the Thunder do that backdoor cut into an alley oop for Durant? That might be the only play Scott Brooks knows.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
Did I just see Oklahoma running a play with several options and moving the ball all around the court? What universe am I in?!
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
The Spurs are a really good basketball team guys.

EDIT:  Thunder can't fuck around here.

Eight man rotation.  Start Jackson, Westbrook, Butler, Durant, and Collison.  Have Durant play the whole first/third quarter and Westbrook the whole second/fourth quarter so one of them is always on the floor.  Use Adams to give Collison rest.  Use Fisher and Sefolosha to give rest to the other guys.

Is this a radical solution?  Yes.  Did the Thunder lose the first two games by a combined 52 points?  Also yes.

The announcers have made a big deal out of how hard it is for KD to play four because he has to bang down low.  But, the MVP of the league has what it takes to make sacrifices for his team, right?

Right?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 10:06:12 PM by ReaPsTA »
Over and over again

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti

Duncan, Ginobli, and Parker now have more playoffs wins as a trio than any other Big 3 in the history of the game, and they are still going strong.  And yet, most sports experts will never deem them worthy of the dynasty label....because they are "boring." Sign me up to be the first in the Line of Boredom if it means my teams can win a handful of championships, break records, embarrass people in the postseason, and play with the best team attitude in modern times.

God i love this team