Author Topic: Post Your Last Purchase  (Read 4889 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: Post Your Last Purchase
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2020, 09:53:04 AM »
I had a similar net as a kid (smaller though), and we used to play in the basement as well  :metal

We had a half of a ping pong table nailed to our drywall and would shoot at that. The drywall all around it looked like buildings in war torn cities. It was such a hoosier solution to having no net to shoot at....but hey....we were playing.

It's pretty fun having the shooter tutor corner targets and goalie. It's hard...but fun.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline romdrums

« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2020, 09:21:48 AM »
I had a similar net as a kid (smaller though), and we used to play in the basement as well  :metal

We had a half of a ping pong table nailed to our drywall and would shoot at that. The drywall all around it looked like buildings in war torn cities. It was such a hoosier solution to having no net to shoot at....but hey....we were playing.

It's pretty fun having the shooter tutor corner targets and goalie. It's hard...but fun.

Okay, so I'm an Indiana resident but not an Indiana native.  What does "a hoosier solution" mean?  I'm legitimately interested in this.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2020, 11:45:13 AM »

Okay, so I'm an Indiana resident but not an Indiana native.  What does "a hoosier solution" mean?  I'm legitimately interested in this.

Urban Dictionary to the rescue.  I love the geographical notations for usage...it appears they have this one nailed, based on G's location.   :lol

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hoosier

Indiana definition (most common and nationally recognized definition): 1. A native or inhabitant of Indiana (taken from Oxford American Dictionary). 2. An alumnus or student of Indiana University. Also "Hoosiers": Indiana University sports teams. Note: The Indiana University Basketball team is sometimes referred to as “the Hurryin’ Hoosiers.”

St. Louis Definition (regional slang term): Generally means redneck, hick, or someone from Missouri outside of St. Louis or certain areas of St. Louis.

Online SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2020, 11:46:07 PM »

Bought a blood pressure guage. Been thinking about it for a while but when my best friend got hospitalized with aortic aneurysm there was no thinking anymore...

Recommended to anyone at least from age 50 and above.

My friend is now after 2 months and 3 surgeries finally in rehab hoping to get back to normal again.

BTW. Also bought a cameo by Mike Portnoy for my friend.... awesome! It really made his day / week / month.