Author Topic: SEEKING MUSICIANS- OPEN CASTING CALL- Los Angeles- STYX tribute  (Read 1095 times)

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning

STYX tribute band, "One With Everything" seeking two new members, preferably teenagers, and we are LA-based. Aiming for PAID GIGS starting this August!! If you are interested, or know someone who is, have a look at our audition info right here-

https://talent.lacasting.com/DirectCast/ViewRole.aspx?crypt=gkpolhaoieoldelgcbabibgeklhhcdppao

https://talent.lacasting.com/DirectCast/ViewRole.aspx?crypt=gkpolhaoieoldelgcbaambacbpgjhofgoi

:metal :metal :metal

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
Re: SEEKING MUSICIANS- OPEN CASTING CALL- Los Angeles- STYX tribute
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 11:46:19 PM »
I'm not a guitarist or drummer but... A) Are you in this band

B) Will I ever see you at The Canyon Club in Agoura? :)
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline TheAtliator

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 11:40:24 PM »
Hey man! Two friends and I started this band a year and a half ago, but we've never really taken it to a professional level until this summer. So for that I'm super excited.

2- That is actually the venue where I saw Styx themselves for the very first time when I was 6 years old. Then I saw Dennis DeYoung there a few years later too and that was an incredibly memorable evening for many reasons. So, to answer your question, I REALLY HOPE SO- that would be quite an experience, and yes it is possible, that is the type of venue we may be looking to play in toward the end of this year.  :)

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 11:42:33 PM »
Let me know if you ever wind up playing there (or the Ventura Theater?) when this gets up and running  and I'll go see you in a heart beat. lol
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline TheAtliator

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 11:45:13 PM »
awesome!! Yea, I'm really excited for auditions this coming Tuesday..