Author Topic: Albums/Songs that touch you  (Read 588 times)

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Albums/Songs that touch you
« on: June 17, 2013, 12:05:33 PM »
I was listening to Anathema - WHBWH, really deep in sleep and it just connectedc with me spiritually. I almost cried at parts. The music combined with lyrics made me feel like the album cover just enjoying life. Its an album that will forever be with me and the messages it conveys is just beautiful that I want more people to appreciate its overall theme.

Which albums or songs make you feel this good about life and would want others to share what you felt?
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
Re: Albums/Songs that touch you
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 12:45:12 PM »
Anathema - "Everything" has had me in tears more than once - mostly thinking about how I got to where I am, and particularly the family I've been blessed with.

Redemption's Snowfall on Judgement Day has many moments that really connect with me.  So does Neal Morse's One.

"Jupiter" and "Neptune" from Holst's Planets for completely different reasons.  Jupiter because of the immense beauty of the melody in the middle of the song, and Neptune because it awakens my curiosity of space beyond the solar system - every time I hear it I spend the next several minutes completely daydreaming what it would be like to fly out past the far reaches of the sun's influence (if it were possible).

Finally, "O Magnum Mysterium" is such a personal song for me.  The vocal arrangement is simply phenomenal.
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 03:01:17 PM »
Brothers in Arms by Dire Straits in same time make me sad and give me some kind of power. Really powerful song and it's one of my favorites of all time.
Tears of the Dragon by Bruce Dickinson reminds me of past since it was one of first metal songs I liked (and I still like it). It's perfect song, from vocals to instrumentation.
Soldier of Fortune by Deep Purple was soundtrack for one of mine sad periods so it's personal for me.
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 03:03:07 PM »
Spiritualized - Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space

The song and the album as a whole. The song is probably the biggest part of it though.