Author Topic: Jordan & Rod Morgenstein at Berklee, Monday, June 17th!  (Read 628 times)

Offline greyghost

Jordan & Rod Morgenstein at Berklee, Monday, June 17th!
« on: June 16, 2013, 07:08:16 PM »
They're playing the Berklee Performance Center tomorrow night, and tickets are only $8 in advance!  My son and I are roadtripping (we live about 2 hours away). :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Jordan & Rod Morgenstein at Berklee, Monday, June 17th!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 07:12:25 PM »
Incredible duo.  Rod is a monster drummer.  His work with the Dregs and Morse solo are incredible.  And Winger of course are very underrated.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline greyghost

Re: Jordan & Rod Morgenstein at Berklee, Monday, June 17th!
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 10:56:06 AM »
It was a great little show.  General Admission, and my son and I grabbed front row center seats. The performance was apparently part of a week-long percussion festival at Berklee, and the vast majority of the audience consisted of students who had been in Professor Morgenstein's classes!  I am very grateful to Jordan--people like me only knew about it because he posted about it on Facebook on Sunday.  They played a few Rudess/Morgenstein pieces, "Ra" from Rhythm of Time, and Tarkus.  All of Tarkus.  What a great experience!  I don't usually have the pricy seats at DT shows, so this was much closer to Jordan than I've ever been--not to sound like an overexcited nerd, but he made eye contact with me and smiled several times. The highlight was a really cool, fast piece where they were watching each other quite intently.  At the end, Morgenstein stepped up to the mic and explained that it had been completely improvised on the spot! These guys are seriously monster players! I mean, I already knew that, but this really hammered the point home.