Poll

Pick your favorite game. (Original Series only)

Final Fantasy
3 (2.3%)
Final Fantasy II
1 (0.8%)
Final Fantasy III
3 (2.3%)
Final Fantasy IV (II)
7 (5.3%)
Final Fantasy V
1 (0.8%)
Final Fantasy VI (III)
29 (22.1%)
Final Fantasy VII
37 (28.2%)
Final Fantasy VIII
10 (7.6%)
Final Fantasy IX
17 (13%)
Final Fantasy X
13 (9.9%)
Final Fantasy XI
0 (0%)
Final Fantasy XII
7 (5.3%)
Final Fantasy XIII
3 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 123

Author Topic: Final Fantasy Discussion Thread  (Read 175443 times)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Final Fantasy Discussion Thread
« Reply #1890 on: January 10, 2017, 01:08:25 PM »
Hate any boss in a FF which requires a cut scene before you can defeat it.

So even if you see it's health bar go all the way to zero - because you're far too powerful - you still have to see a cut scene and then his health goes back up.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #1891 on: January 11, 2017, 10:11:02 AM »
Got the Platinum last night for FFXV. Noctis at level 93, the others at 89. Last trophy took me an hour and 15 minutes. So epic haha. Great game! Almost as fun as XIII for me, but had a totally different feel. Anxiously waiting DLC now.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1892 on: January 11, 2017, 10:18:44 AM »
I read that they're tweaking Chapter 13. No idea what. Maybe the Ring of Lucii will have more power ?

But I pretty much want like 100 more sidequests. From really easy ( for fun ) all the way up to level 99

Offline Skeever

« Reply #1893 on: January 26, 2017, 12:50:40 PM »
The Chocobo Carnival was interesting, but I'm ready for the real DLC.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1894 on: January 26, 2017, 01:43:13 PM »
I've had no net at home for the last week so i've not been able to download the carnival.

I might get the season although i've no interest in the player back stories.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #1895 on: January 31, 2017, 08:27:42 PM »
I finally got around to playing the FF10 HD remake for PS Vita that I bought a few weeks ago and I'm totally falling for the game. It has everything that I could ask for in an RPG  :tup

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1896 on: February 03, 2017, 01:54:07 AM »
:facepalm: OMFG the *ENDLESS* jumping in the air instead of interacting with an object in FFXV.

FUCKS SAKE. One time I had to keep walking away and coming back and pressing X - jump in the air - walk away - come back - press  - Jump

FUCK FFFHFHIGFLGJU FP:IUFGV P:IUFGP{:OFVGH

WHy havent they patched this yet

FFFFFFUUUUCCCJJJJJFDF KKKKKKKKK

Choco Carnival is pretty cool though. NO FUCKIN GLADIO TO BE SEEN :rollin

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1897 on: February 20, 2017, 05:01:26 PM »
What is everybody's favorite Final Fantasy?

Mine is VII

Sure it looks all blocky and dated nowadays, but I was blown away back in 97. I was 8 years old, this was my 2nd game on PS1 and I absolutely fell in love with this game. The story is cool, the characters are fantastic and the music is beautiful beyond words.

Its not only my favorite FF, but also my favorite game ever made

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #1898 on: February 20, 2017, 08:05:51 PM »

Mine is VII

Sure it looks all blocky and dated nowadays, but I was blown away back in 97. I was 8 years old, this was my 2nd game on PS1 and I absolutely fell in love with this game. The story is cool, the characters are fantastic and the music is beautiful beyond words.

XII. Great, complicated story, awesome gameplay with one of the main features being that you can program the characters to perform actions based on the circumstances you're in, and LONG. It's such a long game.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1899 on: February 21, 2017, 03:07:26 AM »

Mine is VII

All dis.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1900 on: February 21, 2017, 05:48:12 AM »
Also I entered the Choco Carnival Photo Contest and my pic came 3rd...

I *think* the top 5 pics win and Apparently your picture is featured " in the game ".. But doesn't explain further than that.

Announced at 5pm GMT today.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1901 on: July 07, 2017, 04:25:28 AM »

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #1902 on: July 15, 2017, 02:17:42 AM »
Not a lot of discussion of the remake of FFXII that was released just the other day. Anybody play it?

I do and I love it just as much as last time. :tup I also love the role system they've implemented, it serves really well to make the characters more defined in battle. I remember in the original always buying the same weapons for everybody and playing them all mostly the same.  :lol
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1903 on: July 15, 2017, 04:16:51 AM »
The clean up and polish they did for XII looks pretty sweet. When it drops a little more in price, I will definitely be picking it up.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #1904 on: July 17, 2017, 06:47:13 PM »

Final Fantasy Tactics is my favorite. It has my favorite story, battle system and soundtrack in the series. Final Fantasy 7 is a close second, though.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1905 on: July 19, 2017, 08:13:57 AM »
Finally started playing FF XV this week.

Enjoying it a lot so far. Voice acting isn't great and I don't yet have much opinion on story as I haven't made much progress, but that's because I keep getting side tracked by side quests and hunts, which is a good sign. Definitely one of the most fun to actually play, like XII was. Just hoping that story/character-wise it's a bit better than XII.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1906 on: July 19, 2017, 09:43:45 AM »
Finally started playing FF XV this week.

Enjoying it a lot so far. Voice acting isn't great and I don't yet have much opinion on story as I haven't made much progress, but that's because I keep getting side tracked by side quests and hunts, which is a good sign. Definitely one of the most fun to actually play, like XII was. Just hoping that story/character-wise it's a bit better than XII.

The main story is better than XII. It is a fun game and what brings me back are the hunts. I'm in a region where for some reason I can't get Comcast for cable internet, so I have not-as-good Wi-Fi. I don't got the latest update and haven't done the times quests yet.

Anyone know how the timed quests are?
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1907 on: July 19, 2017, 09:55:50 AM »
Anyone know how the timed quests are?
I haven't done one yet. Stumbled upon one by accident and got spanked by some cactuars that were much higher level than me. :lol

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #1908 on: November 04, 2017, 04:13:11 AM »
On route to see The Distant Worlds Orchestra playing Final Fantasy music at The Royal Albert Hall tonight. Gonna be a night of epic geekery. So ready for this! Anyone else been to a Distant Worlds performance before?

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1909 on: November 04, 2017, 08:13:34 AM »
I'm super jealous. Those look like a lot of fun to attend. I've never been though.

Offline busty sinclair

« Reply #1910 on: November 07, 2017, 07:36:30 AM »
Just finished XV. I started down the road to platinum and even though its one of the easier games to platinum i just didnt have it in me. So instead i popped in VI and started playing through that again.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1911 on: September 24, 2018, 11:16:16 AM »
Got back into playing 15. About 35 hours in and overall I really like the game, more so than most of the previous ones over the past decade. My only complaint is the story or lack there of.

Its like there's something going on independent of what your characters are doing. Only by watching the whole separate movie do I know that your dad is getting murdered and your home is on fire in this massive war, while you are cooking, camping and fishin down by the lake. Like where's the urgency and where's the conflict? Who are the bad guys and WHY are they doing anything? You are just casually driving around, occasionally fighting some nameless soldiers.

Ardyn is cool, but he acts in no way like an antagonist. He's just helping me along my path and acting coy. Why am I cordial with this guy? He is with the guys that declared war on my nation? And I just got to the part why this chick highwind has joined my party RIGHT after trying to fight me to the death in an enemy base like 5 mins ago. I don't know what is going on in this game. And If I didn't watch the movie, I swear to god, I would know nothing about this story what so ever.

The game is not finished. Simple as that. Even toward the end of the game you get mere glimpses of awesome locations that you get to experience for minutes, when clearly they were meant to be bigger places to have purpose. Oh well.

Sorry for the rant, its just that I'm like 35 hours in and there's been almost no story development and its getting in the way of an otherwise awesome game.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 06:41:37 PM by Phoenix87x »

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1912 on: May 11, 2019, 12:43:20 PM »
Some new FF VII remake footage for anyone who is interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df0YG3qfZ8E

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #1913 on: May 13, 2019, 08:30:41 AM »
Got back into playing 15. About 35 hours in and overall I really like the game, more so than most of the previous ones over the past decade. My only complaint is the story or lack there of.

Its like there's something going on independent of what your characters are doing. Only by watching the whole separate movie do I know that your dad is getting murdered and your home is on fire in this massive war, while you are cooking, camping and fishin down by the lake. Like where's the urgency and where's the conflict? Who are the bad guys and WHY are they doing anything? You are just casually driving around, occasionally fighting some nameless soldiers.

Ardyn is cool, but he acts in no way like an antagonist. He's just helping me along my path and acting coy. Why am I cordial with this guy? He is with the guys that declared war on my nation? And I just got to the part why this chick highwind has joined my party RIGHT after trying to fight me to the death in an enemy base like 5 mins ago. I don't know what is going on in this game. And If I didn't watch the movie, I swear to god, I would know nothing about this story what so ever.

The game is not finished. Simple as that. Even toward the end of the game you get mere glimpses of awesome locations that you get to experience for minutes, when clearly they were meant to be bigger places to have purpose. Oh well.

Sorry for the rant, its just that I'm like 35 hours in and there's been almost no story development and its getting in the way of an otherwise awesome game.

That's just the thing, when so much of the game is so well made, the incredible weirdly told story sticks out like a sore thumb and it really bothered me.  :lol I also tried to do a run through a second time, with the intent of playing all the DLC along the way, but I just got bored after a while. I have NO idea why I'm doing stuff. Because the map marker tells me to, I guess?

Offline busty sinclair

« Reply #1914 on: May 13, 2019, 10:26:12 AM »
my favorite is probably 9 or 6

i'm interested in this new final fantasy 7 game(s). it looks really good but i'm also worried thats its nothing but a ff xv mod

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1915 on: September 19, 2020, 09:51:21 AM »
Final Fantasy 16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FUf4lEcZLI

PS5 exclusive. Looks decent, still too early to tell more than that. God only knows when it will actually come out  :lol

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #1916 on: September 21, 2020, 01:44:17 AM »
I'm actually super excited about this. :lol

It's Naoki Yoshida as producer - the same guy who saved FFXIV and turned it from a disaster to one of the best MMO's ever. The thing about that that REALLY excites me is that FFXIV and especially its expansions had AMAZING stories - EASILY on par with the classic games. So I have high hopes. :hat

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1917 on: September 21, 2020, 10:22:01 AM »
Didn't know this thread existed.

Way back when, I had FF1 for my NES.  Sometime in the 90s, I bought FF1 and FF2 on disc for my PS.  I still have that and break it out once or twice a year.  Still love the simplicity of FF1.  Even my 18yo enjoys it.  He walked out of his room while I was playing yesterday and said something like, "back when video games were actually hard and you could die!"
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1918 on: September 21, 2020, 02:26:57 PM »

Way back when, I had FF1 for my NES.  Sometime in the 90s, I bought FF1 and FF2 on disc for my PS.  I still have that and break it out once or twice a year.  Still love the simplicity of FF1.  Even my 18yo enjoys it.  He walked out of his room while I was playing yesterday and said something like, "back when video games were actually hard and you could die!"

Back when you raged quit because you got all far and then forgot to save...  :lol :facepalm:
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1919 on: September 21, 2020, 03:07:19 PM »

Back when you raged quit because you got all far and then forgot to save...  :lol :facepalm:

Pretty much, although FF1 was good in that it always prompted you to save when you went to an inn or used a tent, etc. to replenish HP and MP.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1920 on: September 21, 2020, 03:28:48 PM »

Pretty much, although FF1 was good in that it always prompted you to save when you went to an inn or used a tent, etc. to replenish HP and MP.

Good to know it wasn't as relentless as LoZ II. Oh my, Legend of Zelda II, when I first played that I was all WTF kind of Zelda is this...I got pretty far though before my brother broke his Advance.

I may just well get a PS5 just for Final Fantasy XVI though. I did that for Final Fantasy XV. I think it was for the best I played that before playing Breath of The Wild, because it was a nice open world, then Zelda totally changed that and made FFXV seem like a tease.

Although I really enjoyed the crispness and realness of the food and how the soundtrack really fit that atmosphere of camping.