Author Topic: World Tour 2014 - Speculation Thread  (Read 17539 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: World Tour 2014 - Speculation Thread
« Reply #105 on: December 18, 2013, 11:41:04 AM »
I don't care what format they do as long as they don't skip CT again! They've ignored us the last two tours after stopping here every tour since TOT (maybe earlier).
this

AGAIN! NO CT LOVE!!!

Fuck.

They have been here since the Chaos in Motion tour.

Offline Grizz

« Reply #106 on: December 18, 2013, 05:44:30 PM »
I don't care what format they do as long as they don't skip CT again! They've ignored us the last two tours after stopping here every tour since TOT (maybe earlier).
this

AGAIN! NO CT LOVE!!!

Fuck.

They have been here since the Chaos in Motion tour.
They came for PN09 as well
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2013, 11:05:03 AM »
For those of you who were saying  a few pages back that they wouldn't play TBOT because it's the new SDV - The reason they won't play SDV is because KevMo wrote the lyrics AND the music. Therefore he wrote the ENTIRE song. MP just wrote the lyrics to TBOT, and JP obviously wrote the music. So I can definitely see DT playing TBOT at some point without MP.
Check out my various music projects - I’ve got concept albums, singer/songwriter, rock, metal, prog, and more coming soon:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #108 on: December 20, 2013, 12:36:30 PM »
Considering the subject matter of the lyrics of TBOT, I can't see them ever playing it without MP.

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #109 on: December 20, 2013, 12:41:22 PM »
I can see them playing every song in the entire catalog other than TBOT. At least at this point. TSF, SDV, DLPM, even Raw Dog can't be ruled out I don't think. And hey, Styx plays Grand Illusion, Lady, AND Come Sail Away still, and those songs were credited to only DDY. It's the same band name, and at least one of the same performers, so it works. TBOT maybe even in the future, maybe if someone else's relative passes away.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #110 on: December 21, 2013, 02:31:29 AM »
"Music that has never been played before love". Either he's referring to the new album in a very unfortunate way or I'm going to fucking die right there under the Stage of Tuscany :caffeine:
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline ?

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #111 on: December 21, 2013, 02:35:26 AM »
Once again:
JP: "We’ll be premiering some songs we’ve never played live before, as well as featured tracks from our latest self-titled release..."
Hopefully he's not saying "songs we've never played live before... with this line-up" :P

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #112 on: December 21, 2013, 02:52:04 AM »
People, I sense Take The Time.
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline Grizz

« Reply #113 on: December 21, 2013, 01:50:00 PM »
And I hope Learning to Live
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline ?

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #114 on: December 21, 2013, 02:04:24 PM »
It's needless to say that I'd love to hear LTL live, but I remember a 2011 interview where James said he's not sure he could pull off the F#5 every night.

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #115 on: December 21, 2013, 02:39:04 PM »

Please no. I'd be pretty pissed if I heard one of my least favourite DT songs live.

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #116 on: December 21, 2013, 02:47:49 PM »
I hope they do Take The Time!!!! I'd go CRAZY for that. Seriously I think people would be staring at me because I'd be freaking out. That is of course if they don't skip the second verse, but that goes without saying.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #117 on: December 22, 2013, 09:38:52 PM »
Even though I've seen it live before, Take The Time is my #3 DT song, so yes please! I'd prefer that to any other song on IaW.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #118 on: December 23, 2013, 12:29:02 AM »
 I´ll catch them 03 nights in a row this January, so I´m hoping they rotate the setlist a bit more than they did on the last tour. I´m hoping they play TBOT. Petrucci´s mind blowing solo at the end of it would make my day!

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #119 on: December 23, 2013, 02:11:25 AM »
Will Europe feature a basic stage design, or will DT premier the new "look" right away?  Last tour they didn't premier the stage design until the US gigs.   Loved the cube screens, with vertical lights, wonder how they will top that.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #120 on: December 23, 2013, 05:43:36 AM »
Yeah I'd rather see The Count again (based on it being a similar length) than IT to be honest.

I second that

We all would!  Though IT seems the more obvious choice for a closer for the main set or encore before closing with something like...I don't know...PMU, Metropolis, LTL, etc.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #121 on: December 23, 2013, 06:08:19 AM »
I´ve seen TCOT twice live, and it sounds great. But I´m expecting Illumination Theory to be the absolute highlight of this tour for me. Can´t wait to see how they´ll pull it off. There are a few vocal overdubs in there that I´m very curious to know how they´ll get around.

Offline Jinx

• The Unicyclist's #1 fan!
  • Shaaaamaan take my haaaannd!!
« Reply #122 on: December 23, 2013, 06:33:24 AM »
Will Europe feature a basic stage design, or will DT premier the new "look" right away?  Last tour they didn't premier the stage design until the US gigs.   Loved the cube screens, with vertical lights, wonder how they will top that.

I believe that was due to the first European leg being before ADTOE was out. The new stage setup was unveiled when the album was out.

Offline aprilethereal

« Reply #123 on: December 29, 2013, 05:27:27 AM »
I can really imagine them playing BAI as an encore, which would be amazing, although I would be really happy with Metropolis or LTL as well :caffeine:

Offline jcmistat

« Reply #124 on: December 29, 2013, 10:10:57 PM »
I expect the entire new album to be played with Illumination Theory as either the last song or encore. Hoping for a song off BC&SL preferably ANTR. Octavarium please! What about the return of Hollow Years? Take the Time is one of my favorites!

Offline aprilethereal

« Reply #125 on: December 30, 2013, 03:56:58 AM »
Octavarium is very unlikely, considering IT is already a 20 minute epic.

Offline Laughingplace56

« Reply #126 on: December 30, 2013, 07:06:26 PM »
Not all on the same or every leg of course, but i can see these songs being performed at one point or another throughout the entire DT12 tour:

WDADU-A Fortune In Lies, The Killing Hand, To Live Forever
I&W-All will eventually be played like ADTOE tour, except with TtT this time.
Awake-full, maybe at once for a special anniversary show, but if not, all will be played throughout 2014 for the anniversary. And I'm willing to bet SDV will be played, whether it's just JR/JLB or full band.
FII-Trial of Tears and Hollow Years definitely, New Millennium, Hell's Kitchen/Lines In the Sand maybe but not too confident on those two.
SFAM-Full due to anniversary like Awake.
SDOIT-The Glass Prison (PLEASE), Blind Faith, 2 more sections of SDOIT the song.
ToT-As I Am, This Dying Soul, Vacant, In the Name of God
8VM-Panic Attack, Sacrificed Sons
SC-Constant Motion, ITPOE (either part but most likely not at the same time)
BC&SL-The Count of Tuscany. Maybe something else, but i don't see it/don't want it.
ADTOE-OTBOA, LNF, BitS, Outcry, BAI
DT12-All of course

Offline Rodni Demental

« Reply #127 on: January 02, 2014, 06:06:00 PM »
I'm still hoping for In the Presence of Enemies, most a lot of people rekon Chaos In Motion didn't do it justice. Octavarium would be really cool, but what with Illumination Theory being a certainty, it leave less hope for my first choice and who knows if they played sets with anything like Scenes From A Memory again than we might be asking a bit much if we want a diverse setlist of songs from varying albums aswell. This might seem like a fairly random choice of song but I'd quite like to see New Millennium make a comeback too.

• EB
« Reply #128 on: January 02, 2014, 06:35:52 PM »
I think they're gonna show a video of Eren conducting the orchestra during the orchestral break in IT. That would be cool right? Like all the lights go out, and then Eren and an orchestra on the screens.
Check out my various music projects - I’ve got concept albums, singer/songwriter, rock, metal, prog, and more coming soon:

Offline Grizz

« Reply #129 on: January 02, 2014, 07:06:35 PM »
Actually that's the most plausible theory I've heard yet.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #130 on: January 02, 2014, 07:24:38 PM »

It's possible, except Jordan's already been shown on YouTube as having practiced the string section on keyboard all by himself, and it sounds pretty convincing!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

• EB
« Reply #131 on: January 02, 2014, 07:45:04 PM »

It's possible, except Jordan's already been shown on YouTube as having practiced the string section on keyboard all by himself, and it sounds pretty convincing!

-Marc.
No he hasn't. Unless it's on someone else's youtube page and not his.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #132 on: January 02, 2014, 08:05:42 PM »

-Marc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLX2-yTrsc0

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

• EB
« Reply #133 on: January 03, 2014, 12:57:24 AM »

-Marc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLX2-yTrsc0

-Marc.
Wow, it sounds great!