Author Topic: Liquid Hand Soap Dilemma  (Read 4429 times)

Offline Cecilia

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Liquid Hand Soap Dilemma
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2013, 08:10:35 PM »
squirting goo into my hands and rubbing it around just doesn't feel right.  I mean, there's a time for squirting goo into your hands, and... no, wait.  There's never a time for squirting goo into your hands.  What kind of weird shit are you kids into these days?

:biggrin:

Water and then soap for me.
In public restrooms I also turn off the water and open the door using a paper towel. Too many germs.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2013, 09:40:30 PM »
Don't even get me started on people who walk right out of the restroom without washing their hands.

Pisses you off?  (had to beat Josh to it).

Wrong thread btw :lol

Because I tell shitty puns all the time (I know I do so I gladly own it :) ) or have I made my thorough disdain of post-bathroom usage non-handwashers known around here in the past? Anyhoo, I'll leave this post that I made on another forum up to convey some relevant points:

Quote from: me
A few things to point out for those against washing hands after pissing:

-Your dick ain't nearly as clean as you'd like to delude yourself into believing. It spends its day in a warm enclosed area with poor ventilation which can easily bring on bacterial growth since it thrives in warm moist environments. It can also easily sweat (due to the warmth) and dry before you touch it during your next piss break leading you to ignorantly think it's clean while its coated in toxins released from your sweat.

-When you finish pissing you either shake your dick to get rid of any piss trapped in your urethra or you don't. If you do the former, your dick is definitely caught in a crossfire of piss droplets and there's zero chance it ain't getting hit by at least a few of those. If you don't shake it, it's just gonna ooze piss into your undies which will end up on your dick.

For those who are against washing their hands after shitting:

-Shit has moisture in it. Toilet paper is porous. Unless you're shitting all purpose flour or mummifying your hand 4 layers deep for every wipe, you're kidding yourself if you think the poo juice never finds its way to your hand.

-Shit splashes when it hits the water as we all know. This means any part of your hand that even grazes one molecule of your ass cheek during wiping may be exposed to shit particles.

-Unless you never fart, shit particles get dispersed across various parts of your ass crack and cheeks so any time you touch your ass in any way is a chance to be exposed to this.

Dr. _floyd, out.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2013, 09:44:16 PM »
.... I'm gonna go take a long shower.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2013, 10:00:15 PM »
You did set up the webcam, yes?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2013, 10:00:56 PM »
I don't work for free, man. You want the webcam, pay up.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2013, 10:02:58 PM »
Don't even get me started on people who walk right out of the restroom without washing their hands.

Because I tell shitty puns all the time (I know I do so I gladly own it :) ) or have I made my thorough disdain of post-bathroom usage non-handwashers known around here in the past? Anyhoo, I'll leave this post that I made on another forum up to convey some relevant points:

Quote from: me
A few things to point out for those against washing hands after pissing:

-Your dick ain't nearly as clean as you'd like to delude yourself into believing. It spends its day in a warm enclosed area with poor ventilation which can easily bring on bacterial growth since it thrives in warm moist environments. It can also easily sweat (due to the warmth) and dry before you touch it during your next piss break leading you to ignorantly think it's clean while its coated in toxins released from your sweat.

-When you finish pissing you either shake your dick to get rid of any piss trapped in your urethra or you don't. If you do the former, your dick is definitely caught in a crossfire of piss droplets and there's zero chance it ain't getting hit by at least a few of those. If you don't shake it, it's just gonna ooze piss into your undies which will end up on your dick.

For those who are against washing their hands after shitting:

-Shit has moisture in it. Toilet paper is porous. Unless you're shitting all purpose flour or mummifying your hand 4 layers deep for every wipe, you're kidding yourself if you think the poo juice never finds its way to your hand.

-Shit splashes when it hits the water as we all know. This means any part of your hand that even grazes one molecule of your ass cheek during wiping may be exposed to shit particles.

-Unless you never fart, shit particles get dispersed across various parts of your ass crack and cheeks so any time you touch your ass in any way is a chance to be exposed to this.

Dr. _floyd, out.

And this is why I love you
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2013, 10:03:51 PM »

please make sure to wash your hands after
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2013, 10:42:52 PM »
I don't work for free, man. You want the webcam, pay up.

I got good beer, the new Megadeth, and a bunch of pre-2000 video games so don't skimp on the lather action, buttercup :-*

And this is why I love you

:hearts:

please make sure to wash your hands after

They'll already be whitewashed. If that's good enough for a Titleist, it's more than good enough for me.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2013, 07:33:23 AM »

Because I tell shitty puns all the time

This... and I love how you still managed to put a pun in there.   :hefdaddy
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

• DT.net Member
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2013, 10:31:23 AM »
 :lol Accidental one right there. I guess after you get into a certain mode, perhaps it works its way deep into your subconscious.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2013, 04:23:49 AM »
:lol Accidental one right there.
We all know how that is.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2013, 05:42:26 AM »
I did ruin a pair of Houston Astros pajamas (and nearly the mattress too) when I was 5x6.4.

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2013, 08:31:57 AM »
In a public restroom, even if I only enter to find a tissue to blow my nose, or to use the mirror.. I do the following.

Turn on hot water (if its working)
Wet hands
Lather
Scrub hands whilst singing two verses of the birthday song (as is directed by the CDC); and sometimes I will add a long finish to the song with a long drown out --"....and many mooooooooooooooooorrrrre!" bit at the end.
Rinse thoroughly.
Dry with a towel if available.
Throw now semi wet towel away.
Obtain a fresh dry towel to turn off the water.
Open the door with the towel without touching it with my bare hands.
Throw towel away.
Most places are smart enough to know to place a garbage can near the door so I can easily throw the towel away after I've opened the door to exit. For those who are not, and don't, I toss the paper towel at the nearest garbage can. If it dosn't make it into the can and winds up on the floor, then so be it; I leave it there. You bastards should have placed the can where I could easily toss the paper towel away.
 * Special note: In instances where their are no paper towels, I use my shirt to create a barrier between my hand and the spigot and my hand and the door handle. Or sometimes in a bust restroom, I'll leave the water running so some other poor sap can turn it off for the both of us when he is through.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline jsem

« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2013, 09:21:31 AM »
I usually open the bathroom door with my elbow to avoid contamination, that way I don't have to carry around a paper towel like that.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2013, 09:28:20 AM »
What if it's a round knob?
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2013, 01:08:53 PM »
I guess we now know that Tempus is Howie Mandel.  :biggrin:

I get trying to avoid germs, and have seen the posters advising of said practice, but at that point, you might as well wear latex gloves 24x7. Ever touch money?  Ever touch any other door handles?  There's bacteria and germs everywhere, and no way to 100% avoid it, and I believe the immune system can tackle most of the day-to-day stuff.

Not trying to bait or troll ya at all, but this is a little overboard IMO.  Whatever floats your boat though.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jsem

« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2013, 01:13:00 PM »
What if it's a round knob?
Has never ever happened to me...  that would suck though.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2013, 02:48:16 PM »
Most places are smart enough to know to place a garbage can near the door so I can easily throw the towel away after I've opened the door to exit. For those who are not, and don't, I toss the paper towel at the nearest garbage can. If it dosn't make it into the can and winds up on the floor, then so be it; I leave it there. You bastards should have placed the can where I could easily toss the paper towel away.

In 99.9% of establishments, the person who will have to clean up after your laziness has zero say over how many trash cans the bathroom has and where those will be positioned. Given your spiteful reasoning though, I'm sure you'll have a rationalization lined up to "cover" this.

Sometimes in a busy restroom, I'll leave the water running so some other poor sap can turn it off for the both of us when he is through.

No offense dude, but that's the kind of stuff children do :tdwn

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2013, 03:03:09 PM »
Sometimes in a busy restroom, I'll leave the water running so some other poor sap can turn it off for the both of us when he is through.

But at least he won't have any risk of a potential smudge of anyone's tinkle on him transferred via the tap handle.   ::)

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2013, 06:47:08 PM »

But at least he won't have any risk of a potential smudge of anyone's tinkle on him transferred via the tap handle.   ::)

What? I'm supposed to "take one for the team"? WTF? Sorry, I don't want some peckerwoods cum stained, booger ridden, feces laden fingers touching something that I need to also touch to access either water from a tap or the facilities without at least semi-protecting myself from their virus, bacteria, or bodily fluids.  People are by and large fucking nasty. And to answer the earlier question, yes I do touch money. And I know it's also nasty. And I wash my hands after touching it before I eat. I also have a compromised immune system due to treatment from a previous illness; so I try and take extra precautions; and although I don't desire to live in a bubble, I'd just as soon have a little piece of mind.

Offline Aefenwelg

« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2013, 07:50:58 PM »
To get back on topic, there's a problem I sometimes come across with liquid soap.

Like other's have said, you should wet hands, then apply soap.
Sometimes I don't; I put the soap on first.
The problem is, I also didn't even turn on the water.
So now I have to get the faucet handle all gooey, but after I'm done rinsing, I can't turn the water off without getting my hands all gooey again.

tl;dr - I'm still in the bathroom because of this.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2013, 07:52:13 PM »
Someone said it earlier, but Water is the first ingredient listed on hand soap...
So I usually put some on my hands, lather up, and then turn on the faucet, where as with bar soap I turn on the faucet and then apply.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2013, 01:13:37 AM »
So you've got no problem shaking a man's hand after he's been holding his dick with it?

Just because he didn't piss on it doesn't mean it's clean.

I'm not saying this for the sake of argument... No. His dick is probably cleaner than 95% of the surfaces I touch throughout the day.
Chino, there, admirably being the first to own up to not washing his hands post-toilet.

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2013, 03:12:44 PM »
Someone said it earlier, but Water is the first ingredient listed on hand soap...
So I usually put some on my hands, lather up, and then turn on the faucet, where as with bar soap I turn on the faucet and then apply.

I have a feeling the water is only included to make it easier to pump out without clogging. I don't think there's nearly enough water in the hand soap I use to sufficiently lather my hands.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2013, 03:33:19 PM »

I have a feeling the water is only included to make it easier to pump out without clogging. I don't think there's nearly enough water in the hand soap I use to sufficiently lather my hands.

I was the one who said that, but I was making a lame attempt at a joke. You see, I think I'm funny that way.

Seriously though, I've paid attention to my washing routine as a result of this thread and what I actually do is put a spot of liquid soap in the palm of my hand, turn on the water, wet my hands and the soap, and scrub away until it is rinse time. I noticed this is the same routine with tooth-paste; goo it onto the brush, wet brush and goo, brush away until rinse time.

Coincidence? I think not!
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

• DT.net Member
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2013, 03:37:48 PM »
You should start brushing your hands.

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2013, 03:50:02 PM »
Wasn't it Carlin who said if you need to wash your hands everytm\ime you take a whiz, maybe you should be washing your junk instead of your hands?

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2013, 03:58:08 PM »
If you truly love and care for your penis, you'll wash your hands before and after.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2013, 05:37:32 PM »
 :tup :tup

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2013, 09:53:20 PM »

I also have a compromised immune system due to treatment from a previous illness; so I try and take extra precautions; and although I don't desire to live in a bubble, I'd just as soon have a little piece of mind.

It's all good TV... to each their own; and you clearly have all the reason in the world to do what you do.  It's just a little more than what most would consider necessary.