Author Topic: My Top 20 Dream Theater Songs  (Read 693 times)

Offline PwnsomeWin

My Top 20 Dream Theater Songs
« on: June 13, 2013, 10:12:25 AM »
Thought I'd make a top list. I'm only doing 20, because I haven't listened to DT's entire discography yet. Because of that, some songs may be missing. Here we go.

20. In The Name Of God
It's a good album ender, but not as epic as other DT album enders. I will be completely honest; my favorite part is the "Flight of the Bumblebee" part. Yeah. I find it so awesome for some reason.

19. Stream Of Consciousness
More Train of Thought! This is a great instrumental. My favorite part is the solo around 3-4 minutes (too lazy to get the actual time). It's just so... lively! But, the whole song is great.

18. Breaking All Illusions
This is the only ADTOE song I feel comfortable enough to rank. IMO, the best song off of ADTOE. As probably noticed before, it's a lot like Learning To Live. My favorite part... either the lengthy guitar solo in the middleish, or the ending. Cool song.

17. Vacant
HAHAHA! VACANT OUTRANKED IN THE NAME OF GOD! Yes, I ranked a 3 minute song higher then a 14 minute epic. But I had too. This song is so beautiful and amazing. The whole song is my favorite part.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
Re: My Top 20 Dream Theater Songs
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 10:53:32 AM »
Four very good songs, but I would like to direct you here: https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=35386.0. There's a list of people doing their Top 50 there, you should sign up. By the time it's your turn, you probably know the whole discog, so that's a plus. :)
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 11:05:15 AM »
Someone likes ToT.

Lol, you'll have to wait a good long while before you'll be able to finish your list, because writing the list is turn-based.

I've been waiting for like two weeks.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline PwnsomeWin

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 11:20:47 AM »
Okay. How do I delete a thread then? Or does a mod have to?

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 12:28:46 PM »
Just wait until you have your turn. I made the same mistake, I'm also waiting.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin