Author Topic: Things that piss me off  (Read 506762 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: Things that piss me off
« Reply #6195 on: October 16, 2016, 10:34:18 AM »
That's not how I treated him.  I even fought to bump his pay when it wasn't review time. He deserved it.  He was looped in the whole time about he issues I had hiring on that shift. 

I even told him it was my fault for not getting this done faster for him.   He never showed anger and never told me of his frustrations of not moving.  I was frustrated myself ad he was aware I was trying.  I had 2 guys back out of taking the job when they were scheduled to start.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #6196 on: October 16, 2016, 10:39:18 AM »
Maybe he was just afraid to tell you because he felt bad since you were treating him so kindly.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6197 on: October 16, 2016, 10:50:13 AM »
Oh no.  You should see the texts he sent me. It like I was doing all this with venom.  It blindsided me since I really kept him in the loops and was apologetic.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6198 on: October 16, 2016, 11:34:49 AM »
Then it sounds like he told someone on his side a different story about what happened and then they fueled him with that venom.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6199 on: October 16, 2016, 11:42:45 AM »
Yes, his girlfriend who did the same thing at our work.  He said to us she handled it wrong then did the same thing.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6200 on: October 16, 2016, 11:49:51 AM »
And there's your answer...his girlfriend.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6201 on: October 16, 2016, 11:52:55 AM »
I already knew. Still does not make it ok.  Now he's at a temp company making less.  He's lost his chance to use me as a reference.   If he left for more money and gave a notice I would give him my blessing. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #6202 on: October 16, 2016, 12:23:11 PM »
Some people just can't get out of their own way.  Sounds like you did nothing wrong, although it's still aggravating as hell.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6203 on: October 16, 2016, 12:24:25 PM »
I really like him to Kev.  Good kid just gone haywire.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6204 on: October 16, 2016, 12:48:30 PM »
I already knew. Still does not make it ok.  Now he's at a temp company making less.  He's lost his chance to use me as a reference.   If he left for more money and gave a notice I would give him my blessing.

Nobody is saying it excuses him. It's just an explanation.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6205 on: October 16, 2016, 01:02:34 PM »
Didn't take it any other way. 

Offline Grizz

« Reply #6206 on: October 16, 2016, 01:07:42 PM »
People that dismiss my generation and political views as nothing but entitlement
Cough
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6207 on: October 16, 2016, 01:45:45 PM »
Didn't take it any other way.

Just making sure there were no misconceptions.  ;)

People that dismiss my generation and political views as nothing but entitlement
Cough

What gives you the right to complain?

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #6208 on: October 16, 2016, 03:11:45 PM »
Cough
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6209 on: October 17, 2016, 07:05:34 AM »
So I found out that the employee that quit just had his Bi Polar med changed which account for his erratic behavior.  Man I feel for him, I wish he talked to me.  I know he was upset but he's always been a little neurotic and it showed how he handled leaving.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #6210 on: October 17, 2016, 07:24:58 AM »
Something that Bob Dylan liked to call a "truth attack": 

The one thing that the last couple "bitches" have in common is a frustration at being (or seeming to be) misunderstood.   King, please don't take this personally, it's just a general observation, but I find it endless fascinating that it seems like it's always the other guy.  There are ten threads here buried in the past about how bad management is, and how "they don't get us".  Then there's this about how bad this employee is, and how he "didn't get what I was trying to do".  Then there's the theme that "they (whoever that is) don't get my generation".   

At some point, it has to be understood that we can't FORCE someone to understand us.  The current generation "seems" entitled, because their message "seems" to be one of entitlement.  That's not subject to debate - you may not intend it to be that way, but it certainly SEEMS that way - and so the onus is on you to clarify how that's not the case.   I think what most people forget (with the possibility exception of management bitching about employees) is that most of this involves people that have been on both sides.  As a general proposition, bitching to someone who has been in your shoes and persevered is going to fall on deaf ears.

How can you not accept that saying "wipe out my student debt, give me a minimum wage, and oh, tax the rich to pay for it" to someone that absorbed - and likely PAID FOR - their student debt, without any meaningful minimum wage, and some of whom ARE the rich that you want to pay for this - comes off as "entitlement"?   I think that's the failure of Bernie, who never was able to bridge that gap, and why you're in for a sad and probably a tad painful dose of reality when either Clinton or Trump is elected, since you aren't going to see that change wholesale with either candidate.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6211 on: October 17, 2016, 07:31:26 AM »
If I did something wrong I would admit it.  I'm in a position to not make excuses.  I kept him in the loop throughout the whole process.  I was even apologetic and sympathetic. I just couldn't find a guy to fill his position.  I've been very straightforward the whole time.

Offline oh8wrx

• The Sassy Lass from Sassafrass
  • I'm a hoot & a half.
« Reply #6212 on: October 17, 2016, 12:54:52 PM »
Guys who think that because I'm female I burn through transmissions bc I drive a manual car..  :corn
Beer: the cause of AND solution to all of life's problems.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6213 on: October 17, 2016, 12:57:32 PM »
Guys who think that because I'm female I burn through transmissions bc I drive a manual car..  :corn

Pretty sure my girlfriend did about 3k miles worth of wear on my clutch in the walmart parking lot when I tried to teach her in my Mini  :lol

Offline oh8wrx

• I'm a hoot & a half.
« Reply #6214 on: October 17, 2016, 01:10:16 PM »

Pretty sure my girlfriend did about 3k miles worth of wear on my clutch in the walmart parking lot when I tried to teach her in my Mini  :lol

LOL that sucks.. it just annoys me because I know plenty of guys who can't drive stick to save their life

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6215 on: October 17, 2016, 01:40:56 PM »
If you can't find it - grind it ! :neverusethis:

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6216 on: October 17, 2016, 01:54:44 PM »

LOL that sucks.. it just annoys me because I know plenty of guys who can't drive stick to save their life

That would be me.  Had to pay some extra for my euro rental car next month to make sure it's automatic.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6217 on: October 17, 2016, 02:00:06 PM »
I'm sure I'd be terrible. Never driven a stick in my life. I don't need any extra things to think about while I'm driving.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6218 on: October 17, 2016, 02:01:21 PM »
As much as it sucks in stop and go traffic, I love stick. It's makes winter driving a million times easier.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6219 on: October 17, 2016, 02:09:22 PM »
As much as it sucks in stop and go traffic

Living in NJ, this is my #1 reason to not even consider taking the time to learn.  Everyone usually says it is more fun, but I've never really been a person who drives for fun either.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #6220 on: October 17, 2016, 02:10:28 PM »
Stick is so much fun to drive. Had one in high school and probably will get one again later down the line when I get away from the Philly area, which is a nightmare just driving automatic  :tdwn

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #6221 on: October 17, 2016, 06:44:00 PM »
As much as it sucks in stop and go traffic, I love stick. It's makes winter driving a million times easier.

Word.   And i'm going to make my daughter learn as well (she's fifteen and gets her license next year).  Last thing I want is her at a party and the driver is hammered and her or her friends do something stupid because no one knows how to drive a stick. 

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6222 on: October 17, 2016, 06:57:19 PM »
People, especially of the fucktard variety.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6223 on: October 17, 2016, 08:16:41 PM »

Offline oh8wrx

• I'm a hoot & a half.
« Reply #6224 on: October 17, 2016, 08:20:20 PM »

Word.   And i'm going to make my daughter learn as well (she's fifteen and gets her license next year).  Last thing I want is her at a party and the driver is hammered and her or her friends do something stupid because no one knows how to drive a stick.

THIS!! I think it's such a great thing to know, even if you don't buy a manual car. Out of all my girl friends I am the only one who knows how to drive stick and I keep encouraging them to let me teach them for those "in case of emergency" moments

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6225 on: October 17, 2016, 08:33:01 PM »

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #6226 on: October 17, 2016, 08:42:09 PM »

So.....most of them?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6227 on: October 18, 2016, 05:26:53 AM »

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6228 on: October 18, 2016, 05:50:41 AM »
Something that Bob Dylan liked to call a "truth attack": 

The one thing that the last couple "bitches" have in common is a frustration at being (or seeming to be) misunderstood.   King, please don't take this personally, it's just a general observation, but I find it endless fascinating that it seems like it's always the other guy.  There are ten threads here buried in the past about how bad management is, and how "they don't get us".  Then there's this about how bad this employee is, and how he "didn't get what I was trying to do".  Then there's the theme that "they (whoever that is) don't get my generation".   

Just piggybacking this to say something that pisses me off about my manager and his managers/my directors  :lol. They are all very smart people who do a good job managing things. However, they are all on the older end of the spectrum, and some of them can't compose an email if their life depended on it. It's like they have this mental block from growing up in a non-digital world that makes it impossible for them to convey a concept through a keyboard. I got an email yesterday that was only three sentences long, and after reading it at least a dozen times, I was completely in the dark in terms of what they were trying to say. Typos, missing words, shit grammar (which actually makes a huge difference when you're trying to describe technical solutions), and just piss poor readability. It puts me in a bind because this happens all the time. It's like their random brainfarts are being translated by a crappy brain fart-to-text translator. I could just approach them and try to get it out of them verbally, but I'm apprehensive because 1) They might see it as a weakness on my end that I can't infer certain things given our business processes, and 2) they could be taking offense to me constantly coming into their office to remind them how poor they are at communication.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6229 on: October 18, 2016, 05:53:02 AM »

In addition to that, even if you're sober, it's a hidden blessing in the late hours when you're tired. When driving an automatic, it's so easy to zone out and kind of go into an autopilot mode (I fell asleep mid-corner once). Driving standard, as long as you're not cruising on the highway, forces you to have some degree of situational awareness.