Author Topic: Things that piss me off  (Read 502848 times)

Offline oh8wrx

• The Sassy Lass from Sassafrass
  • I'm a hoot & a half.
Re: Things that piss me off
« Reply #6230 on: October 18, 2016, 06:27:23 AM »
As much as it sucks in stop and go traffic, I love stick. It's makes winter driving a million times easier.

Word.   And i'm going to make my daughter learn as well (she's fifteen and gets her license next year).  Last thing I want is her at a party and the driver is hammered and her or her friends do something stupid because no one knows how to drive a stick.

In addition to that, even if you're sober, it's a hidden blessing in the late hours when you're tired. When driving an automatic, it's so easy to zone out and kind of go into an autopilot mode (I fell asleep mid-corner once). Driving standard, as long as you're not cruising on the highway, forces you to have some degree of situational awareness.

I agree. And for me, I feel like I'm more in control of the car.
Beer: the cause of AND solution to all of life's problems.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6231 on: October 18, 2016, 07:59:07 AM »
As much as it sucks in stop and go traffic, I love stick. It's makes winter driving a million times easier.

Word.   And i'm going to make my daughter learn as well (she's fifteen and gets her license next year).  Last thing I want is her at a party and the driver is hammered and her or her friends do something stupid because no one knows how to drive a stick.

That's what Uber is for. 

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #6232 on: October 18, 2016, 08:08:09 AM »
I am 44 years old and have never driven a stick.  Never had to, never wanted to, and since I am highly unlikely to ever drive a big truck or a sports car, I will most likely never have to in the future, since most auto companies aren't installing manual transmissions in any other types of vehicles anymore.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #6233 on: October 18, 2016, 10:06:08 AM »
I am 44 years old and have never driven a stick.  Never had to, never wanted to, and since I am highly unlikely to ever drive a big truck or a sports car, I will most likely never have to in the future, since most auto companies aren't installing manual transmissions in any other types of vehicles anymore.

Used to be that auto tranny's cost more (up to $3K more in some cases) so the stick was the "cheaper option".  My step son works for Volvo/Saab and now it's the opposite!   If they even do offer the stick, it's at a premium!

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6234 on: October 18, 2016, 10:18:22 AM »

Used to be that auto tranny's cost more (up to $3K more in some cases) so the stick was the "cheaper option".  My step son works for Volvo/Saab and now it's the opposite!   If they even do offer the stick, it's at a premium!

A lot of that is because many car manufacturers offer 'X' number of warranty miles covering the transmission. If you leave the shifting up to a computer that plays it safe, odds are the car manufacturer will never have to make good on that promise. You get someone with a manual transmission, even if they know how to use it, they still run the risk of having to perform free repairs. The automatic transmission might be more expensive to install, but they probably save dealerships a fortune in comped labor costs.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #6235 on: October 18, 2016, 11:00:19 AM »

A lot of that is because many car manufacturers offer 'X' number of warranty miles covering the transmission. If you leave the shifting up to a computer that plays it safe, odds are the car manufacturer will never have to make good on that promise. You get someone with a manual transmission, even if they know how to use it, they still run the risk of having to perform free repairs. The automatic transmission might be more expensive to install, but they probably save dealerships a fortune in comped labor costs.

I drove a 1994 Ford Ranger with manual transmission for 12 years and GAVE the truck to my Uncle when it had 196k miles on it.....and never had a single issue with the transmission or ever had to replace the clutch.

He drove it another 2 years with no issues then sold the truck for $1500.  :lol  for all I know that beast is still out there somwhere. Such a great truck it was.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6236 on: October 18, 2016, 11:18:59 AM »

I drove a 1994 Ford Ranger with manual transmission for 12 years and GAVE the truck to my Uncle when it had 196k miles on it.....and never had a single issue with the transmission or ever had to replace the clutch.

He drove it another 2 years with no issues then sold the truck for $1500.  :lol  for all I know that beast is still out there somwhere. Such a great truck it was.

I have to admit, outside of a lemon water pump around 25k miles, my Mini has been a pretty good sport in terms of taking abuse. I just passed 93K miles and I beat the living piss out of it. Transmission and clutch still feel great. The only parts that have failed were an ignition module and a solenoid that controlled oil flow. Both were relatively cheap repairs, all things considered.

My girlfriend's father's old F-150 was a beast. He'd tow his paving equipment daily in it and plowed commercial lots in the winter. He got that thing up to nearly 250K miles before the transmission finally failed. He still got $6000 for the truck when he sold it, despite the fact it needed to be moved with a flatbed. I suppose if everything else was in working order on it, and you had another transmission to drop in, you could get a quality piece for under $15K. I've been looking around in the pickup market and that's a good deal from what I gather.

Offline oh8wrx

• I'm a hoot & a half.
« Reply #6237 on: October 20, 2016, 09:40:40 AM »
The phrase "Actions speak louder than words"... it annoys me so much, occasionally pisses me off.

HOWEVER, I am currently appreciating it because dude is playing games again. I'm out in San Antonio and he's pulling the "my life's so busy" excuse. Dude, I'm in your city for a week, wtf is your issue? I suggest getting together whenever, time of day doesn't matter, but it's always "Let's see how things go".

So, apparently his actions (or lack thereof) are speaking volumes right now. SMH!  :\

Thankfully though I'll be out at an Oktoberfest with a friend tonight, someone who I can actually rely on to text back and stick to plans! yay for good friends!  :tup
Yeah, sounds like we're back to "he's just not that into you" again. Have fun with your friend, who actually wants to make time for you!

UPDATE: We went to the Prophets of Rage concert that Sunday and had a fun time. Ended the night and he said "I'll see you on Tuesday" and I said "i'm not holding my breath so it was good seeing you". The next day he texted me and told me how much fun he had at the concert and he'd see me tomorrow (Tuesday). Casual conversation back and forth throughout the day. Tuesday rolls around... silence. I didn't reach out, I just waited. No texts, no calls, nothing. Around 8-9pm I finally text him "It was good seeing you Sunday. Good luck with everything. If you happen to come out to LA, feel free to hit me up. Take care". No response at all from him...and honestly, with the text I sent, I didn't expect a response and I've written him off.

HOWEVER...however...he has the balls to creep on my Snapchat story. I dont understand? Guys, what's the deal?  ???

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6238 on: October 20, 2016, 09:44:17 AM »
Stop wasting your time, props for calling him out on it. 

Any guy who is legitimately interested wouldn't ignore you like that.

Offline oh8wrx

• I'm a hoot & a half.
« Reply #6239 on: October 20, 2016, 09:45:54 AM »
Stop wasting your time, props for calling him out on it. 

Any guy who is legitimately interested wouldn't ignore you like that.

Thank you! I'm definitely done and don't even want any type of friendship. But, what's up with him watching my Snapchat story??

Offline oh8wrx

• I'm a hoot & a half.
« Reply #6240 on: October 20, 2016, 09:47:53 AM »
...I should elaborate a little more. He is not big on social media and rarely ever watched my Snapchat story but all of a sudden since i "cut ties" he's been creepin.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #6241 on: October 20, 2016, 09:53:00 AM »
Sounds like he is in dire need of an ass whippin'.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6242 on: October 20, 2016, 09:57:46 AM »
...I should elaborate a little more. He is not big on social media and rarely ever watched my Snapchat story but all of a sudden since i "cut ties" he's been creepin.

If he isn't into social media, maybe he doesn't know you know that he is viewing them.  If he did know that, then it could be his way of saying "im still interested" even though that's a very poor way of saying that.  Or it could be that he is jealous and wants to know what you are up to.. or he just wants to be friends.  Lots of things, but I wouldn't think too much about it.  Just let it be and if it bothers you then remove him.

Offline oh8wrx

• I'm a hoot & a half.
« Reply #6243 on: October 20, 2016, 10:03:39 AM »

If he isn't into social media, maybe he doesn't know you know that he is viewing them.  If he did know that, then it could be his way of saying "im still interested" even though that's a very poor way of saying that.  Or it could be that he is jealous and wants to know what you are up to.. or he just wants to be friends.  Lots of things, but I wouldn't think too much about it.  Just let it be and if it bothers you then remove him.

I agree, thank you.. I appreciate your feedback :) I'm going to leave it alone for now and not look too much into it.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #6244 on: October 20, 2016, 05:06:17 PM »
I am 44 years old and have never driven a stick.  Never had to, never wanted to,

Change 44 to 43 and that's me. I have never been a big car guy; as long as it runs to get me from Point A to Point B and doesn't look shitty, I am good. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6245 on: October 20, 2016, 05:34:56 PM »
I am 44 years old and have never driven a stick.  Never had to, never wanted to,

Change 44 to 43 and that's me. I have never been a big car guy; as long as it runs to get me from Point A to Point B and doesn't look shitty, I am good.

Add in having a good stereo.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #6246 on: October 20, 2016, 05:35:45 PM »

How about a little car?  :neverusethis:

Offline NunoTenniscourt

• President of my uncle's Anti-Nepotism Organization
« Reply #6247 on: October 20, 2016, 06:32:04 PM »
I have never been a big car guy; as long as it runs to get me from Point A to Point B and doesn't look shitty, I am good.

This describes me, as well. I'll also add the fact that I can't fix them for shit, either.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #6248 on: November 08, 2016, 02:16:45 PM »
Things that piss me off 11/8/16:  Myself, when i am having a Personal text conversation with a girl I am dating and my boss randomly texts me some whatever thing about work and I accidentally text my boss back something scandalous since they both have blue text and I wasn't paying close enough attention  :blush

« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 06:27:51 PM by Phoenix87x »

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6249 on: November 08, 2016, 02:19:04 PM »
 :lol

I did that once with the message service who answers our business line when we're otherwise busy. I got a polite, "Gee, thanks!" back from them.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6250 on: November 08, 2016, 02:24:51 PM »
 :lol yea that is pretty bad, I just hate doing that in general, although I have yet to do it with anything scandalous.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6251 on: November 08, 2016, 02:33:35 PM »
My ex did that once with me while I was on a work assignment about 300 miles away. Something to do with red panties.  :( :tdwn

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #6252 on: November 08, 2016, 06:10:17 PM »
Honestly, who hasn't told their boss they wanna eat their ass?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #6253 on: November 08, 2016, 08:17:10 PM »

:lol :heart :heart :heart

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6254 on: November 09, 2016, 07:49:36 AM »

Except when the reply is "Wow, um, okay, yeah, I actually would like that!"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6255 on: November 09, 2016, 08:38:51 AM »

Considering my boss ripped ass in our rental car a bit ago that almost made me throw up... me

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #6256 on: November 09, 2016, 11:22:32 AM »
There's always tomorrow.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #6257 on: November 09, 2016, 11:37:26 AM »
I think all my employees would quit first. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #6258 on: November 12, 2016, 08:57:16 AM »
Things that piss me off 11/12/16:

When you have to compete with a best friend. Long story short, my good friend and I work at the same hospital. We both graduate in May and there is only one pharmacist job available. Graduation is an exciting time and its just kind of awkward discussing future plans since we both definitely want that spot. Oh well I guess.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6259 on: November 14, 2016, 07:40:21 AM »

When you have to compete with a best friend. Long story short, my good friend and I work at the same hospital. We both graduate in May and there is only one pharmacist job available. Graduation is an exciting time and its just kind of awkward discussing future plans since we both definitely want that spot. Oh well I guess.

As much as it sucks, a friendly competition could bring out the best of both of you as long as you both can keep it respectful.

Offline Jester

« Reply #6260 on: November 17, 2016, 04:25:56 AM »

I'd tell you to take the high road, and you should, but don't be surprised if the high road leads to a cliff and a lifetime of resentment if the other person takes the low road.

But most importantly, good luck.

Political discussion post-election = pointless.
Nothing like getting a lecture on “what is and will happen” from the same people that just went 0 for 100 at bat during the election cycle.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6261 on: November 17, 2016, 05:57:06 AM »
Can't stannnnd someone giving me directions these days.

Friend: Come check out my new house.
Me: What's the address.
Friend: XX Something Lane, Somewhere in CT
Me: Cool
Friend: Get off Exit XX. Do you know where the citgo is?
Me: No, but it's cool.
Friend: Get off the exit. Turn left after the Citgo. Follow that road. Turn left at the 3 way. Go through 2 stop signs and turn right at the church, blah blah fucking blah.

Bro. I have 3 different GPS apps on my phone. Like I said, it's cool. I'll get there. If I do have trouble, I'll call you from my space phone and you can instruct me then.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #6262 on: November 17, 2016, 06:21:29 AM »
When an employee steals a flash drive off of your computer that you needed to load pictures to bring to Staples.  They are so fucking cheap.  WTF.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #6263 on: November 17, 2016, 06:36:07 AM »
Can't stannnnd someone giving me directions these days.

Friend: Come check out my new house.
Me: What's the address.
Friend: XX Something Lane, Somewhere in CT
Me: Cool
Friend: Get off Exit XX. Do you know where the citgo is?
Me: No, but it's cool.
Friend: Get off the exit. Turn left after the Citgo. Follow that road. Turn left at the 3 way. Go through 2 stop signs and turn right at the church, blah blah fucking blah.

Bro. I have 3 different GPS apps on my phone. Like I said, it's cool. I'll get there. If I do have trouble, I'll call you from my space phone and you can instruct me then.

This made me laugh.  :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Jester

« Reply #6264 on: November 17, 2016, 07:25:18 AM »
That actually sounds manageable.  At least they started out with the actual address.

There are a few people that are torture when it comes to *directions*.

Friend:  Ok.  There's going to be a McDonald's on the left near ...
Me:  Just need the address.
Friend:  But the McDonald's is on the left so ...
Me:  Address, please.  I just need the address and any specific directions my GPS can't give me like a gate code number.
Friend:  Then you are going to see a billboard ...
Me:  For the love of god.  Address.  Just text it.
Friend:  I don't really like that billboard.  Maybe it doesn't have that baby on it now?
Me:  Address, PLEASE!!!
Friend:  Just let me give you the directions!!!

I'm old enough to recall the days even pre-internet maps when I had to write down all the fast food, dog in the yard, etc. directions that would get me nowhere near where the destination actually was.  Early adopter of Microsoft Streets software simply because of all the bad directions.
Political discussion post-election = pointless.
Nothing like getting a lecture on “what is and will happen” from the same people that just went 0 for 100 at bat during the election cycle.