Author Topic: Isn't it annoying when...  (Read 1260 times)

Offline Ħ

Isn't it annoying when...
« on: June 11, 2013, 11:18:12 AM »
...the subject line of a new thread says nothing about the content of the thread, and is succeeded by an ellipsis?

:P
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Re: Isn't it annoying when...
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 11:19:37 AM »
Only if it turns out to be a thread about nothing, otherwise, nope. :P
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 11:21:44 AM »
Threads about nothing should be titled "Seinfeld".
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 11:34:19 AM »
Yes it is and you have to click the link to find out what the thread is about.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 12:08:22 PM »
Time=wasted

Well done H...

Offline Ħ

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 01:18:02 PM »
Time=wasted

Well done H...
The topic wasted your time? After contemplating this for several seconds, I came to the conclusion that it probably took more time for you to write up your post than it did to skim the thread. Just think about it! It takes only two seconds or so to glance over a line of text, but typing is far slower. I daresay it is fifteen times slower. Think about that! Fifteen times! And then you have to factor in the time it took to scroll down, click "Reply", click the text box, review your post, and finally hit "Submit". In the end I think the evidence points to you wasting your own time doing this than I ever did by making this thread. What's worse is that you'll probably read through this post and have to formulate another response and go through the whole process all over again. Who knows? This topic could steal your whole day! But it's not my fault! You're in control of what you choose to read and write. Whatever the case may be, I'm not offended - indeed, I'm rather flattered - so carry on with whatever you would normally choose to do. Don't let me steal your time! Ignore me! Do something else! Learn a new instrument! Sing a song! Drink more water! Too often I feel that we invest too much time in the trivial things that other people have to say. I bid you good luck, fine sir!
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 01:20:16 PM »
This thread is relevant to my interests
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Ħ

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 01:26:31 PM »
Okay, one thing that is legitimately annoying - "What happened?" Over the past month or so, I have noticed an incredible influx of people starting to use this phrase. It is a variant of "I beg your pardon?" or "What?" People are now saying "What happened?" when they can't hear what you said. It doesn't even make sense. Interestingly, I notice it is many of my Latino friends that say it, so I wonder if their is some kind of correlation there.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 01:28:23 PM »
"What happened" probably makes no more sense than when I say "You ate what?" when I didn't hear someone.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 01:35:14 PM »
Okay, one thing that is legitimately annoying - "What happened?" Over the past month or so, I have noticed an incredible influx of people starting to use this phrase. It is a variant of "I beg your pardon?" or "What?" People are now saying "What happened?" when they can't hear what you said. It doesn't even make sense. Interestingly, I notice it is many of my Latino friends that say it, so I wonder if their is some kind of correlation there.

I tend to say It a lot. Idk why... I'm not latino but being in souther cali it kinda rubs off on ya
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2013, 01:50:44 PM »
"What happened" probably makes no more sense than when I say "You ate what?" when I didn't hear someone.

I have a variation on that used to drive my wife crazy, "Do what?"
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 02:01:04 PM by Podaar »
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline sueño

• How Dare I Be So Beautiful?
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2013, 02:13:21 PM »
Time=wasted

Well done H...
The topic wasted your time? After contemplating this for several seconds, I came to the conclusion that it probably took more time for you to write up your post than it did to skim the thread. Just think about it! It takes only two seconds or so to glance over a line of text, but typing is far slower. I daresay it is fifteen times slower. Think about that! Fifteen times! And then you have to factor in the time it took to scroll down, click "Reply", click the text box, review your post, and finally hit "Submit". In the end I think the evidence points to you wasting your own time doing this than I ever did by making this thread. What's worse is that you'll probably read through this post and have to formulate another response and go through the whole process all over again. Who knows? This topic could steal your whole day! But it's not my fault! You're in control of what you choose to read and write. Whatever the case may be, I'm not offended - indeed, I'm rather flattered - so carry on with whatever you would normally choose to do. Don't let me steal your time! Ignore me! Do something else! Learn a new instrument! Sing a song! Drink more water! Too often I feel that we invest too much time in the trivial things that other people have to say. I bid you good luck, fine sir!

you annoyed, bro?    :)
"We spend most of our lives convinced we’re the protagonist of the story, but we rarely realize that we’re just supporting characters in everybody else’s story. Nobody thinks about you as much as you do."

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2013, 11:40:44 PM »
Seems that way especially when you consider how he casts RJ's response in a negative light (passive aggressive sugar coating aside) yet then proceeds to construct a wall of text.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2013, 12:08:52 AM »
Eh, I still love the guy. :)

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2013, 06:32:21 AM »
Seems that way especially when you consider how he casts RJ's response in a negative light (passive aggressive sugar coating aside) yet then proceeds to construct a wall of text.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2013, 09:59:10 AM »
This may sound a bit like " first world problems " . . but does anyone else get infuriated as I do when you actually want to find something online on your smart phone like train times for instance. And despite you having full signal and battery - nothing will load.

You just stand there with full signal across the board and just a loading symbol for fuckin forever.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2013, 10:01:19 AM »
^ This post could have gone in things That Piss Me Off also. :lol

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2013, 10:06:09 AM »
That kind of thing usually happens on my stock browser.  I then go into my app manager, force close the browser, then try again.  It usually comes up right away.  But yes, it IS annoying.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2013, 12:44:16 PM »
I mean like nothing will work despite showing full signal.

It's the same kind of creeping annoyance when you're sat on a bus at the depot and it just will not leave despite there being no problem and it being the scheduled departure time..The driver is just sitting there at the wheel doing fuck all . . . and then all of a sudden you just leave - about 5 minutes late.

Or insomnia. Being exhausted and lying in bed but never getting to sleep.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2013, 12:56:49 PM »
I don't mind it at all. :P

Offline RuRoRul

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2013, 03:49:15 PM »
It can be, although not this time since I had a feeling this is what this thread would be about :)

Offline TheGreatPretender

• The Second Dancing Turtle
  • You are reading these words.
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2013, 06:33:26 PM »
Well, why don't we take over the topic and make it an "Isn't it annoying when..." thread, where we list things that annoy us.
"How's that for a slice of fried gold?"