DT-Side Chat Thread v. The Blu-Ray is out so I changed the friggin' title

Started by hefdaddy42, June 03, 2013, 03:48:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hefdaddy42

Go!

EDIT:  lol
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Scorpion

jonnybaxy

Second! I QUESTION FOR WHAT REASON IS THIS  OPTICAL DISC STORAGE MEDIUM DESIGNED TO SUPERSEDE THE DVD FORMAT NOT BEEN RELEASED FOR GENERAL PURCHASE RECENTLY!?

?

Third! THE REASON WHY THE OPTICAL DISC STORAGE MEDIUM DESIGNED TO SUPERSEDE THE DVD FORMAT HASN'T BEEN RELEASED YET IS THAT THE PREVIOUS CHAT THREAD LASTED FOR TOO MANY PAGES - THANKS TO OVER THE DTF FOR THE DELAYS!

:vomitard:

On a serious note, I'll start my summer job tomorrow - I'll mow the lawn in the local graveyard and the nearby area for the rest of the month. Having to wake up at 6:00 every weekday morning (AND FOR WHAT?!) will be brutal, but hopefully I'll get used to it like last year.

Zydar

Nick

MoraWintersoul

wasteland

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

wasteland

Good morning Joe! Did you get some restoring sleep in your cribcage? :D

Super Dude

First page first page first page...

YES! Hello.

robwebster

I found this funny - in my local HMV:

They couldn't give a single fuck and I couldn't approve more.

BlobVanDam

I love Dream Theater Theatre! I can just imagine the logic behind making that sign.

"Is it Dream Theater spelled ER or RE?"
"Why not both?"
"Yeah, ok. Done."

wasteland

In London I've seen both Dream Theater and Dream Theatre in the same store :D

robwebster

Quote from: BlobVanDam on June 03, 2013, 10:56:03 AM
I love Dream Theater Theatre! I can just imagine the logic behind making that sign.

"Why not both?"
"Yeah, ok. Done."
It's my favourite kind of slapdashery. Not so much "I was confused and took a punt," just plain ol' "FUCK THIS."

DebraKadabra

BlobVanDam

Quote from: robwebster on June 03, 2013, 11:00:28 AM

"Why not both?"
"Yeah, ok. Done."
It's my favourite kind of slapdashery. Not so much "I was confused and took a punt," just plain ol' "FUCK THIS."

:lol

It reminds me of a time I did some online test that required you to put a name/email, so I jokingly put Rudess as my last time. I got an email about my results, and the person asked if I was related to Jordan Rudess of the band Dream Machine.
You gotta at least give them points for knowing who Jordan Rudess is, and to be honest, I think Dream Machine is a much cooler name than Dream Theater!

?

Someone should name their band Dream Machine :lol

Big Hath

DebraKadabra

MoraWintersoul

Quote from: robwebster on June 03, 2013, 11:00:28 AM

"Why not both?"
"Yeah, ok. Done."
:lol :lol :lol

bosk1

I am now going to spend the rest of the afternoon trying to figure out ways to use "slapdashery" in sentences.

JayOctavarium

bosk1

JayOctavarium

Not much.

Sitting at work listening to The Delicate Sound of Thunder and overall neglecting my duties so I can browse DTF.

I'm a horrible person.

wasteland

Well, Hollywood people, I'm going to sleep. You enjoy the 3rd of June while it lats. It's gone forever for me. :emo:

bosk1

Quote from: JayOctavarium on June 03, 2013, 04:17:06 PM
Not much.

Sitting at work listening to The Delicate Sound of Thunder and overall neglecting my duties so I can browse DTF.

Me too.  Except Delicate Sound of Thunder.  I don't have that loaded on my computer here.  But excellent choice, I must say, and one that for some reason most of the Floyd fans I know of do not like.  Their loss.  It's a fantastic live album, as far as I'm concerned.

JayOctavarium

I usually gravitate towards PULSE. In all honesty I was going to put  AMLOR on and wound up tapping this instead. Works for me though... I just loaded them both on my phone.

One thing that bugs me though is -I think- Comfortably Numb has like 3  minutes of solo chopped off of the end on the release :sadpanda:

Super Dude

I surprise myself to say that I actually find the topic of Civil Procedure far more interesting and engaging than Torts.

Big Hath

bosk1

Quote from: Super Dude on June 03, 2013, 08:44:09 PM
I surprise myself to say that I actually find the topic of Civil Procedure far more interesting and engaging than Torts.

Civil Procedure may be the single most important of the required classes in law school.  It's just hard for most people to visualize exactly how it will benefit you.  But whether you are a litigator or a transactional attorney, knowing procedure is even more important than knowing the substantive area of the law.

robwebster

Quote from: bosk1 on June 03, 2013, 01:31:24 PM
I am now going to spend the rest of the afternoon trying to figure out ways to use "slapdashery" in sentences.
It's how I spent mine!

wasteland

Hail, King Robb of the House of Webster! How is life south of the Wall?

BlobVanDam

Slapdashery is even better than tomfoolery!

Rob, I want a connection directly to your brain so I can download your vocabulary to my own brain.

robwebster

I'm going to upload it all to the cloud, so you'll be able to download it off there. If you feel anything taking over, maybe a little hostile - ignore it, it does that. Besides, why would a computer want to create an army?!

Quote from: wasteland on June 04, 2013, 12:06:16 AM
Hail, King Robb of the House of Webster! How is life south of the Wall?
It's 8:13AM, and I'm awake, so... could be better! Fine considering, though. Yourself?