Author Topic: Best/Favorite Concert Intro Music  (Read 4354 times)

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
Best/Favorite Concert Intro Music
« on: May 20, 2013, 10:28:09 AM »
Not sure what you call it, but what’s the best intro music and/or video you have heard/seen, either live or on video?

Mine is Nightwish, with the music from Crimson Tide. That music has such an awesome build-up, and sets up an awesome transition from when the tape stops and the band hitting the stage. The show I was at had some additional buzz too because it was the first show with Floor.

Never seen them live, but Metallica doing the Ecstasy of Gold is pretty cool too. I really wanted to walk down the aisle at my wedding that song.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Best/Favorite Concert Intro Music
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 10:41:04 AM »
First time I saw Iron Maiden (1983), they came out to Ride Of the Valkeries. I've never forgotten that moment.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 10:50:18 AM »
Three Blind Mice.  The music was quirky and perfect for Rush, and was a great transition into The Big Money's huge opening chord back in the late 80's.
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 10:54:03 AM »
I've liked it when Amorphis and Sonata Arctica have used parts of their own songs or modified versions of them as the intro music. Dream is Collapsing also seems to be an awesome intro judging by DT live videos.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 11:20:07 AM »
Three Blind Mice.  The music was quirky and perfect for Rush, and was a great transition into The Big Money's huge opening chord back in the late 80's.

Beat me to it. A Show of Hands is one of my favorite concert vids.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 12:36:43 PM »

Beat me to it. A Show of Hands is one of my favorite concert vids.

I still get chills every time I see/hear the beginning of one of those shows.
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 12:40:47 PM »
I love Three Blind Mice as Rush's opener in the 80s, too, but I also thought it was awesome when they used Thus Spoke Zarathustra on the Counterparts and Test for Echo tours.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 12:41:54 PM »
I love Three Blind Mice as Rush's opener in the 80s, too, but I also thought it was awesome when they used Thus Spoke Zarathustra on the Counterparts and Test for Echo tours.
I thought it was awesome when DT actually played it on the SC tour.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2013, 02:34:48 PM »

yeah, this.

Also, you can't beat

"YOU WANTED THE BEST, YOU GO THE BEST.
THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD. KISS"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2013, 05:34:27 PM »

I loved during the Vapor trails tour when the transposed the 3 faces of Rush over the 3 Stooges faces and then Alex's name changed to Brad Pitt. :lol

Lowdz, Every time I listen to a live Kiss album of bootleg I get so jacked hearing the "You Wanted the Best...."
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2013, 11:31:54 PM »
Yes and their usage of The Firebird Suite, seen it a million times, love it every single one. It is solely responsible for getting me into classical music.

Offline Ruba

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2013, 12:36:16 AM »
Nine Inch Nails - Pinion. Damn creepy.

Offline WebRaider

• Like What You Like, People...
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2013, 02:22:54 PM »
Have seen some really interesting ones but the most memorable one was one The Smashing Pumpkins used because of how creepy it was.... Opened a kick ass show!

Theme from horror movie "Suspiria" : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJUaCAIxSk4

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2013, 05:44:17 PM »

That was one of those things where I really liked the idea, but the execution was lacking. It just didn't have the Oomph the tune needs.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2013, 12:59:37 AM »
Fuck, DT coming out to The Dream Is Collapsing was one of the most incredible concert experiences in life.
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios