Author Topic: A song by me  (Read 1137 times)

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
A song by me
« on: May 20, 2013, 05:45:49 AM »
Hi everyone!

I just uploaded a song and I'd appreciate it if you took the time to listen to it: https://soundcloud.com/obscape/one-of-them I'm really amateurish at mixing and I'm not the best singer ever, but I hope you'll enjoy the song itself :)

Offline stereoxio

• Rainmaker/Kitten's hypnotist
  • Cada vez iré sintiendo menos y recordando más...
Re: A song by me
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 10:24:17 AM »
Sounds good!!  :tup
"My love, I do not love you for you or for me or for the two of us together, I do not love you because my blood tells me to love you, I love you because you are not mine, because you are from the other side, from there where you invite me to jump and I cannot make the jump"

Offline ?

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 11:44:06 AM »
Thanks and welcome to the forums! :)

Offline stereoxio

• Rainmaker/Kitten's hypnotist
  • Cada vez iré sintiendo menos y recordando más...
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 05:09:33 PM »
Thanks!!  ;)
"My love, I do not love you for you or for me or for the two of us together, I do not love you because my blood tells me to love you, I love you because you are not mine, because you are from the other side, from there where you invite me to jump and I cannot make the jump"

Offline tartarus250

• peace love and good happyness stuff
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 03:37:14 AM »
I liked that :-) it would be nice to hear the track done as a live recording:-)if I had better computer gear I would have added some guitar and bass on it for you;-)
The creation and destruction of harmonic and 'statistical' tensions is essential to the maintenance of compositional drama. Any composition (or improvisation) which remains consonant and 'regular' throughout is, for me, equivalent to watching a movie with only 'good guys' in it, or eating cottage cheese.

Offline ?

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 05:48:16 AM »
Actually I can play guitar myself and I originally thought about doing some metal stuff, but I thought my music would sound more original this way.

Anyway, it's great to get positive feedback :)

Offline userx

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 11:09:46 AM »
I'm well aware that this thread is made specifically for a song by you fellow forum member but I thought it might be useful as a thread for all other real and wannabe musicians amongst us to post what they managed to conjure up :)
btw. liking your song, not really my cup of tea (as you will see by listening to my link posted below) but there are lots of nice melodies there and chord progressions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pGEA0Al5pg&feature=youtu.be

short description: this was not meant to be a complete composition because it happened while I was self-learning music notes, chords, time signatures, scales etc as an alternative to learning those things while playing other people's stuff (i thought why waste time on other people's music :) ). also this not being meant to be a complete composition it lacks in dynamics and melodies. those melodies you do hear are merely incidental as parts of different chords. the same goes for notes, they're all quaver (due to not having time to invest in melodic composition)