Author Topic: The best live vocal MOMENT you have ever witnessed  (Read 3106 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: The best live vocal MOMENT you have ever witnessed
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2013, 10:43:00 PM »
James Labrie, June 8, 1992, New York City

I listen to that bootleg and I still can't believe my ears. It was the most incredible 45 minutes of my musical life.

I capitalized "moment" because I want it to be just that: a moment.  In other words, a song, a chorus or even just a line, but not listing a whole damn concert as the moment; I consider that cheating. :lol

:facepalm:

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2013, 11:07:38 PM »
It's the internet. People seldom read OPs. Certainly would be nice though.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2013, 05:21:16 AM »

I listen to that bootleg and I still can't believe my ears. It was the most incredible 45 minutes of my musical life.

I capitalized "moment" because I want it to be just that: a moment.  In other words, a song, a chorus or even just a line, but not listing a whole damn concert as the moment; I consider that cheating. :lol

I'll speak for him: Learning To Live.
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2013, 05:24:28 AM »

Kev, it was a moment that lasted 45 minutes. If you were there, you would understand.

It's the internet. People seldom read OPs. Certainly would be nice though.

Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2013, 11:30:56 AM »
Well Kev obviously made the thread as a way to highlight specific moments rather than it just being a "Hey (insert whatever piece of music) is swell!" thread. That being the case, it ain't like there aren't several other threads to discuss how awesome that full show was and surely there were at least a few different moments that stood out for you that you could've chosen one from. You obviously are aware of this so I'm not trying to imply you didn't or be a condescending dick. It's just that posts that derail the point of the thread often have an avalanche effect where subsequent posts become a mix of those adhering to the OP and those mistakenly following the lead of the errant post.

As for the "excuse me" part, no need to feel like I was confronting you. I really didn't mean anything by it.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2013, 11:50:51 AM »
It's all good, Floyd.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol