Poll

Sprinkles or Jimmys

Sprinkles
26 (86.7%)
Jimmy's
4 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Sprinkles or jimmy's  (Read 5141 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Sprinkles or jimmy's
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2022, 09:18:59 AM »
I may start calling condoms Twinkelz.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2022, 10:59:52 AM »

Only if they're the glittery ones.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2022, 11:02:11 AM »

Only if they're the glittery ones.
Or flavored
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2022, 02:14:56 PM »
Pop. Wait, wrong regional food/drink thread.

Literally never heard Jimmy's as a term for sprinkles.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2022, 01:22:22 PM »
At an ice cream shop in Amesbury,  Massachusetts.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2022, 01:40:19 PM »
Yup!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2022, 01:48:58 PM »
As it should be!  :)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2022, 02:55:02 PM »
I did chuckle and went back to my car to get my phone for the picture.   
« Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 03:29:15 PM by kingshmegland »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2022, 03:13:00 PM »
"Crunch Coat?"
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2022, 03:30:37 PM »
"Crunch Coat?"

It's sort of Captian Crunch broken up into little pieces that coat the ice cream.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2022, 03:35:20 PM »
:puke:
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2022, 03:58:05 PM »
 :lol

Not my go too but it's OK.  Give me hot peanut butter every time.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2022, 04:06:17 PM »
I don't like peanut butter flavored anything.

I like peanut butter on toast, peanut butter sandwiches, and Reese's peanut butter cups. That's it.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2022, 04:18:13 PM »
Well, that's 3 peanut butter items you like so you contradicted yourself. Lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2022, 04:19:34 PM »
I meant OTHER than those three things.  :P

Although I'd like to try a Crunch Coat on some vanilla ice cream.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2022, 04:31:08 PM »
Dairy Queen had that crunch as well.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2022, 04:33:03 PM »
I haven't been to a Dairy Queen since I was like 10.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2022, 04:38:48 PM »
They have faded away here too. There's a few left.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #88 on: May 28, 2022, 04:53:33 PM »
I don't like peanut butter flavored anything.

I like peanut butter on toast, peanut butter sandwiches, and Reese's peanut butter cups. That's it.

That is exactly where I am at with peanut butter, and even with chocolate it's a stretch. On some Thai dishes it works great. But otherwise it needs to stay in its lane.

There is a DQ right by our house and we get Blizzards there occasionally. I stopped there for lunch one day, which is something I never do, and really enjoyed the burger I got.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #89 on: May 29, 2022, 07:39:31 PM »
Every time we go back that way, my wife (and now my daughter) MUST have a Reese's Pieces sundae at Friendly's.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2022, 07:43:44 PM »
I was coffee or a banana fribble from Friendly's.  My wife worked there and the mall where she worked,  I was a mall rat. She had to take my orders so many times.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #91 on: May 31, 2022, 05:39:39 AM »
Don't get me started; the THREE closest Friendly's to me all closed in the last two years or so (and it's HEADQUARTERED about 10 miles from me, so these are LOCAL stores!).

We used to go all the time; my wife and I would each get one of the melts, my stepson his burger, and we'd all get a treat after.  I would vary between the chocolate chip ice cream or a black raspberry fribble.   The only thing that makes up for it is I have two local creameries that have decent ice cream (one is like a mile away).

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: May 31, 2022, 05:49:39 AM »
The only thing that makes up for it is I have two local creameries that have decent ice cream (one is like a mile away).

I initially read "creameries" as "cemeteries" and was very confused.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #93 on: May 31, 2022, 05:50:27 AM »
The only thing that makes up for it is I have two local creameries that have decent ice cream (one is like a mile away).

I have two of those, as well, on my street.   :)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #94 on: May 31, 2022, 06:08:05 AM »
Don't get me started; the THREE closest Friendly's to me all closed in the last two years or so (and it's HEADQUARTERED about 10 miles from me, so these are LOCAL stores!).

We used to go all the time; my wife and I would each get one of the melts, my stepson his burger, and we'd all get a treat after.  I would vary between the chocolate chip ice cream or a black raspberry fribble.   The only thing that makes up for it is I have two local creameries that have decent ice cream (one is like a mile away).

Same in Waterbury :( All three locations are now gone. One was knocked down and turned into one of those ultra-rare Taco Bell places, one became a diner, and I'm not sure of what came of location number 3. I miss the honey BBQ chicken super melt with waffle fries so much! 

What creameries do you have out your way? I'm assuming one is Uconn's? I've got Arethusa in Litchfield/Morris and absolutely love it.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #95 on: May 31, 2022, 06:31:18 AM »

You have two cemeteries on the same street? Wow, people must be dying to get in there.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #96 on: May 31, 2022, 06:55:31 AM »

Same in Waterbury :( All three locations are now gone. One was knocked down and turned into one of those ultra-rare Taco Bell places, one became a diner, and I'm not sure of what came of location number 3. I miss the honey BBQ chicken super melt with waffle fries so much! 

What creameries do you have out your way? I'm assuming one is Uconn's? I've got Arethusa in Litchfield/Morris and absolutely love it.

No, I'm a little too far west for Uconn.  I have the Granville Scoop right around the corner and one in the center of Granby (I can't remember the name; Deep something).  There's one in Simsbury (Tulmeadow Farms) and sometimes I go back to Smith's in Enfield (there's another farm on Abbe Road in Enfield too that's good, though I don't remember that name either).

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #97 on: May 31, 2022, 06:56:55 AM »

You have two cemeteries on the same street? Wow, people must be dying to get in there.

HAHAHA, that's a family joke; my dad has said that to me about 100 times in my life and I laugh every time.   I told that to my stepson and he didn't get it.  :)

No, I have one that is a sort of memorial cemetery; it's got like 10 plots on it from colonial times, then a bigger one right over the Massachusetts border.