Poll

Who do you like better?

Ozzy Osbourne
Steven Tyler
Equal

Author Topic: Steven Tyler & Ozzy Osbourne  (Read 3032 times)

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
Steven Tyler & Ozzy Osbourne
« on: May 14, 2013, 08:42:09 AM »
Been meaning to ask you guys for opinions on this for a while.
I seem to get a lot of what the media in general thinks of these two veteran singers but I rarely see people here talking about what they think about them individually or in contrast with each other.
I've always drawn lines between their careers in various aspects, could make of an interesting discussion.
I think both have unique enough vocals to be the recognized singers they are but nothing much else, they weren't really the band creative force kind of frontmen and coincidentally the success of both their bands can be credited to their guitarists IMO.
I think Ozzy has done better with his career since his solo albums for the most part varied from really good to decent, but I respect Steven Tyler for having always been in Aerosmith through the ups and downs of his relationship with the band members.
Steven Tyler has kept more of the edge of his voice through old age than Ozzy did, until I heard Black Sabbath new song I had this impression Ozzy has sounded the same since the late 90's but I think he faded off a bit.
Integrity in public image wise; Ozzy dropped more than a few notches for me when he did the MTV reality show thing, which was a double whammy cause it introduced the MTV type of community to Sharon Osbourne who we've been seeing regularly since. But then years later Steven Tyler started doing on of these contest reality shows where the judges watch people sing and pretend to give opinions and calls, I find that just as bad.
Both Black Sabbath and Aerosmith have new albums and are touring now which is awesome IMO. Although I'm more excited about seeing Ozzy perform than Tyler, probably cause Black Sabbath has been more influential to the style of the music I like than Aerosmith. Oddly enough I like more Aerosmith music than I do Black Sabbath.
I'll stop here for now so it won't be a long rant, I'd love to hear opinions, especially from people who listened to these musicians in their prime.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Re: Steven Tyler & Ozzy Osbourne
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 08:47:35 AM »
While Steven Tyler is undoubtedly the better singer, I don't really like any Aerosmith music at all. But I'm a big fan of Ozzy's music, both with Sabbath, and especially his solo career.
I don't really care what else they choose to do outside of music, such as reality shows or whatever. Doesn't bother me.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 08:55:25 AM »
Ozzy was in Black Sabbath; Tyler was not.
Edge: OZZY

Ozzy is married to Sharon Osbourne; Tyler is not.
Edge: TYLER

Tyler's daughter is Liv Tyler; Ozzy's daughter is Kelly Osbourne.

Tyler wins.

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 03:13:53 PM »
Ozzy was in Black Sabbath; Tyler was not.
Edge: OZZY

Ozzy is married to Sharon Osbourne; Tyler is not.

Tyler wins.

Can't argue with that.  :lol
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 03:18:14 PM »

Don't forget the other Tyler daughter, which pretty much nullifies the Liv Tyler advantage.

WOOF.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 07:17:56 PM »
Fuck that! You picked one of the worst photos. Mia Tyler is beautiful!

I love meat on my women  :D

Also, I agree with all of Kev's points. And I think Tyler has a better voice.

edit: Hmm, are those photos showing up for you guys? If not:

https://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/32600000/beautiful-Mia-mia-tyler-32661911-450-690.jpg

https://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/32600000/Mia-Tyler-mia-tyler-32661796-583-590.jpg
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 07:22:12 PM »
Fuck that! You picked one of the worst photos. Mia Tyler is beautiful!

I love meat on my women  :D

Also, I agree with all of Kev's points. And I think Tyler has a better voice.

edit: Hmm, are those photos showing up for you guys? If not:

https://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/32600000/beautiful-Mia-mia-tyler-32661911-450-690.jpg

https://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/32600000/Mia-Tyler-mia-tyler-32661796-583-590.jpg

#1 = woof
#2 = MySpace angle.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 09:03:27 PM »
 :lol, oh stop. I think she's a hottie.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 09:25:34 PM »

THIS!

Although she's not as hot as she once was...she's become a bit of a train wreck recently. Kinda like Lohan.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 11:23:02 PM »
She looks enough like her old man that I couldn't imagine wanting to bang her. It'd be way too creepy.

It's a tough call. Ozzy was actually a very good singer back in the day, and in a live setting, often a better singer than Tyler--depending on either's level of intoxication on a given night. Musically is also a tough call. The best of Sabbath is a touch better than the best of Aerosmtih, but overall it's a good matchup. I think the biggest problem is going to be post 87 Aerosmith. What Kev's otherwise fine analysis left off was Crazy, Cryin, and Angel. That puts Ozzy over the top, methinks.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2013, 02:30:17 AM »
It's a tough call. Ozzy was actually a very good singer back in the day, and in a live setting, often a better singer than Tyler--depending on either's level of intoxication on a given night. Musically is also a tough call. The best of Sabbath is a touch better than the best of Aerosmtih, but overall it's a good matchup. I think the biggest problem is going to be post 87 Aerosmith. What Kev's otherwise fine analysis left off was Crazy, Cryin, and Angel. That puts Ozzy over the top, methinks.

Well said.  Oz for me.

Online ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2013, 07:19:46 AM »
Overall, I like Ozzy's music better, but Tyler's the better singer and, especially, the better frontman.  His stage performance is top-notch.

Offline masterthes

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2013, 07:31:59 AM »
Tyler