Author Topic: Abercrombie & Fitch CEO explains why he only caters to thin and beautiful people  (Read 5661 times)

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
And as an aside, I think the six pillars of character have everything to do with manliness. They are what separate boys from men.

Women don't have character?
Well I mean it's not like they are people or anything.
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Let's get this back on topic instead of trying to bait each other into off topic discussion.  If there isn't anything on topic to be added to the discussion, do not post.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Well, you do have to admit, that last coment was an epic bait.  Some would call it a master bait.  Which is what the CEO is doing to the general public.  Trolling like crazy to bait people into discussing the brand.  Good press/bad press still = press.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran

Offline yorost

• Inactive
Isn't that like telling the homeless they're the most unattractive and most uncool people in the world? I suppose they haven't read about what he said, but it seems like salting the wounds.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
Isn't that like telling the homeless they're the most unattractive and most uncool people in the world? I suppose they haven't read about what he said, but it seems like salting the wounds.

I don't think so.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
Well, you do have to admit, that last coment was an epic bait.  Some would call it a master bait.  Which is what the CEO is doing to the general public.  Trolling like crazy to bait people into discussing the brand.  Good press/bad press still = press.
The saying goes, any bad press is good press. We will see if that is really true. I think plastic face is a fucking fool who will destroy this brand by his actions. Time will tell.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 05:46:22 AM by Tick »
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline lateralus88

• DTF.org Alumni
Why take something as simple as donating to the homeless and put a negative spin on it?

Offline yorost

• Inactive
...because that was my impression watching the video? I'm not trying to spin anything, that's just how I felt watching it. It's not just donating to the homeless, it's making a point of trying to smear the "cool and attractive" image A&F wants. The donation is nice, but seeing the clothes handed out with that purpose made me uncomfortable in what was indirectly being said to these people.

Offline lateralus88

• DTF.org Alumni
Fair enough. I guess in my mind it just comes off as "Let's use this as an excuse to donate and help those in need". I dunno. It's both that and a "fuck yo' shit abercrombie".

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
Yeah, I got the vibe of "everyone's good enough to wear this." A two birds, one stone deal.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran

I think homeless people are pretty miserable as it is. They probably already feel extremely unattractive. Odds are they are completely unaware who this guy ison what he said. They're probably just stoked tube getting so,e free clothes.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
The saying goes, any bad press is good press. We will see if that is really true. I think plastic face is a fucking fool who will destroy this brand by his actions. Time will tell.

Nope; it's "any press is good press."
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline yorost

• Inactive

I think homeless people are pretty miserable as it is. They probably already feel extremely unattractive. Odds are they are completely unaware who this guy ison what he said. They're probably just stoked tube getting so,e free clothes.
That I don't dispute, but the lack of comfort was about the unintended hidden message not the interpreted message.