At The End Of The Day
0 (0%)
Revelation
6 (60%)
Thoughts (Part 2)
4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: May 05, 2013, 01:41:41 PM

Author Topic: Spock's Beard Survivor 2013 - V (Round 4)  (Read 1074 times)

Online The Letter M

Spock's Beard Survivor 2013 - V (Round 4)
« on: May 04, 2013, 01:41:41 PM »
V
At The End Of The Day
Revelation
Thoughts (Part 2)

Round 3's Results:
At The End Of The Day 1 (9.1%)
Revelation 3 (27.3%)
Thoughts (Part 2) 3 (27.3%)
The Great Nothing 4 (36.4%)

4. The Great Nothing
5. All On A Sunday
6. Goodbye To Yesterday

EDITED & FIXED for those who felt the current round was UNFAIR. Votes have been reset. Please re-vote.

-Marc.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 04:58:57 PM by The Letter M »
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Mladen

Re: Spock's Beard Survivor 2013 - V (Round 4)
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 04:41:09 PM »
Let me get this straight - two of you saw the FINAL results and decided to move your votes just in order to save a song that lost fair and square? Since when can you do that?

I'm outta here...

Online The Letter M

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 04:57:28 PM »
Let me get this straight - two of you saw the FINAL results and decided to move your votes just in order to save a song that lost fair and square? Since when can you do that?

I'm outta here...

Only because the song you've been voting for wasn't kicked out? I've done vote-changes before in the past. If it's really a problem to everyone, then I'll delete this thread and go with the final results as shown from the previous round.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online The Letter M

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 05:00:05 PM »
Just to BE FAIR for everyone involved, I did reset the poll and we are now moving forward with the results as SHOWN from Round 3. Sorry if the changes made anyone upset, but this is now how we're going ahead.

RIP "The Great Nothing" - at least you weren't out FIRST like the last time I did this Survivor.

-Marc.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 05:11:27 PM »
You don't have to change anything just because of me, I didn't ask for it. I just expressed how shocked I am that you could change the rules of a survivor just like that.

I only decided not to participate anymore because I've never seen people moving their votes AFTER the round officially ended, I don't think it's that big of a problem as long as the voting was still going, or if we have a tie after the round ends. It's a fact that the voting was closed, you people weren't happy with the results and decided to change your vote in order not a lose a song you prefer. Even though the song, as I said, lost fair and square, three other voters prefer the remaining three songs, and as far as I'm concerned, The Great Nothing is easily the weakest in the bunch.

If you're still on the fence with what you want to do with your own survivor (again, I didn't ask for you to change anything - it's not like the survivor couldn't move on with one voter less), I think it would only be fair to ask the mods if it's OK to change your votes like that. I'm not making the rules, I'm just expressing my opinion. And sorry if I came across like bitter and angry, but I did feel disrespected.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 05:16:30 PM by Mladen »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 06:38:51 PM »
I agree with Mladen.  If everyone can see the results and then say, "Oh, let me change my vote to rig the result," then what is the point?  Stupid crap like that is why some decide to run survivors where you can't see the voting until it is over, which is annoying, too.  As I have said before, it's good to not take these things too seriously, but what is the point of having them if people can wait till the voting is closed and then change their votes to change the result?

Offline jammindude

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 07:43:37 PM »
I don't mind the allowing of the changing of votes....but *not* after polling is closed.   To be honest, I have no idea if my change came before or after the deadline.  If I got it in before the deadline, I think it should be counted as such.   If I missed it, I think it shouldn't.

IMO, we should have had a "tie breaker" round b/c that would have forced the person who voted for ATEOTD to pick one of the other three.   But that's just an idea.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline ronnibran

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 08:48:02 PM »
The Great Nothing is out???  Not only is that my favorite on this album, but is my all-time favorite Spock's Beard song.  Kind of surprising there's not more love for it.  I mean, Revelation beat it???!!!

Ok, rant is over.  Just gotta keep voting for what's left!  Looking forward to the Snow rounds.

Offline Unlegit

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2013, 12:24:46 AM »
Thoughts (Part II).

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2013, 02:12:32 AM »
Revelation

Offline Mladen

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2013, 03:37:38 AM »
I don't mind the allowing of the changing of votes....but *not* after polling is closed.   To be honest, I have no idea if my change came before or after the deadline.  If I got it in before the deadline, I think it should be counted as such.   If I missed it, I think it shouldn't.
You did come in an hour later. Otherwise maybe it wouldn't have been a problem, but those sort of things are up to M.

Anyway, if this is how we're moving on, I'll go with Revelation. And in my opinion, this is the perfect top three.