Author Topic: Le Sacul's ocassional reccomendation thread v. Awesome free music  (Read 4097 times)

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Time to go nuts.

Igorrr
Hallelujah

Oh boy.

On my first listen, my body wasn't ready for such madness. Igorrr lives up to France's reputation of making some of the weirdest, most insane avant-garde music. How? Well, combining classical music with breakcore and harsh female vocals, with ocassional blast beats and guitars. I know, sounds weird as fuck, and he has even named his craft "baroquecore". It shouldn't work in theory, but goddamn it actually does. I'd kill to see him live. Enough said - just listen to this song. And you'll get it.

A song:  Tout Petit Moineau

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
Le Sacul's semiweekly reccomendation thread v. We have been our worst enemy.
« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2015, 06:28:57 PM »
Ok maybe that was too hipster for you :lol. Have feels.

Marketa Irglova
Muna

After a fascinating trip to Iceland, Marketa tried to evoke the same beauty she saw on nature, as music. So Muna was born, a work of intimate, delicate pianos, violins, and her ethereal voice - chamber folk at its finest. Really the most beautiful record I've come across in a long time, one that gets deep inside me - it shows me that 2014 was a fascinating year. She truly deserves more recognition outside her country.

A song:  Time Immemorial

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
Re: Le Sacul's semiweekly reccomendation thread v. *screams over baroque beats*
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2015, 06:34:41 PM »
I like the song you sent me recently, it was very nice.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Re: Le Sacul's semiweekly reccomendation thread v. *screams over baroque beats*
« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2015, 09:49:49 PM »
I like the song you sent me recently, it was very nice.

Offline 425

Re: Le Sacul's semiweekly reccomendation thread v. We have been our worst enemy.
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2015, 10:29:59 PM »
I just got this album because you sent the song in my roulette. It's a nice album on the whole; I've only listened to it once so far, though.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
Le Sacul's semiweekly reccomendation thread v. Once we had a chance.
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2015, 12:17:48 PM »
Have more gorgeous stuff.

iamthemorning
Belighted

As weird a mix it might sound, this duo turn their talent for making passionate, heartfelt chamber music, with their love for prog - they've even covered Opeth songs. Subtle strings, pianos, and ocassional guitars flow with Marjana's angelical voice. Currently my favorite band from Russia - even great artists like Danny Cavanagh and Gavin Harrison heve praised them.

Oh, and she's a gorgeous redhead :heart - things don't get much better than that.

A song:  K.O.S

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Re: Le Sacul's semiweekly reccomendation thread v. Once we had a chance.
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2015, 12:27:28 PM »
Regarding that Igorrr album; try 'Nämïdäë' by Öxxö Xööx. You'll probably love it, but it was a bit too much for me.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2015, 12:29:24 PM »
Currently my favorite band from Russia

Because it's the only band from Russia you listen to? :neverusethis:
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2015, 01:25:36 PM »
the only thing i know about this group is that their name is taken from an oceansize song, which makes me want to check them out on its own, but i never have. curious.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2015, 02:08:22 PM »
Regarding that Igorrr album; try 'Nämïdäë' by Öxxö Xööx. You'll probably love it, but it was a bit too much for me.
To be honest avant-garde metal is quite hit or miss on me, and that album didn't really moved me, so...  :lol

Currently my favorite band from Russia

Because it's the only band from Russia you listen to? :neverusethis:
:neverusethis:

the only thing i know about this group is that their name is taken from an oceansize song, which makes me want to check them out on its own, but i never have. curious.
I might send them later in your roulette  ;D

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
Le Sacul's semiweekly reccomendation thread v. Dawn came quiet
« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2015, 11:08:16 PM »
Oops, forgot to update this one  :lol

Jenny Hval & Susanna
Meshes of Voice

I have no idea where the hell did a friend found this album, but I'm fucking glad he did. This is a dark album (yay), with female vocals (!), quite slow and experimental. And at times, beautiful. Or abrasive. A really creative mix of dark art-pop with drone, the result of some of Norway's finest artists of today.

I've been getting (with baby steps) into experimental music, and have discovered that it's there where some of the best ideas are. A couple of bands are still quite inaccessible for me (Swans [everything but The Seer], Coil, and most avant-garde metal), but each new record I like feels like a revelation. I hope Meshes of Voice is just the beginning of a glorious journey into hipster more daring territories.

A song:  I Have Walked This Body

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Re: Le Sacul's semiweekly reccomendation thread v. Dawn came quiet
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2015, 11:15:39 PM »
I listened to Belighted a while ago (before your recommendation) and I bookmarked it for later. I didn't mind it, so I should definitely go back to it. Soon. :soon:

As for your latest recommendation...I think I'll pass. :lol

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Le Sacul's semiweekly reccomendation thread v. Dawn came quiet
« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2015, 02:20:15 PM »
Have some more  :P

Death Grips
The Powers That B: Jenny Death

One of /mu/'s favorite bands, and quite a controversial one - leaked their own albums into the Deep Web, faked a disband just for marketing purposes, and even one of their records has a real dick on the cover - no wonder why the internet loves them. But what about their music?

Well, I once listened to a song from The Money Store and thought it was quite weird and repetitive. But some friends of mine kept praising their last release, so I had to check it. Damn, the shit was intense, with a right-in-your-face attitude, MC Ride yelling over some electronic beats. But what surprised me most were the rock/metal and electronic/industrial elements, which give it a really unique sound. But its not for everyone - I'm surprised I do even like it. So if you feel ready for this, I have just a small warning: it's... intense.

A song:  Why A Bitch Gotta Lie

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
Re: Le Sacul's semiweekly reccomendation thread v. I'll f*ck you off at no cost
« Reply #83 on: September 25, 2015, 04:11:47 PM »
I fucking love Jenny Death. Too bad the hype died out for it though.

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #84 on: September 25, 2015, 10:05:07 PM »
No matter how good an album Jenny Death turned out to be (this coming from a guy who thought it was pretty great), it never would have been able to live up to the level of hype that its absence built up to. It seemed like the perfect album that never existed in the minds of many DG fans, so its release inevitably grounded it in some sense of reality and brought it back to earth. Frankly, I'm not surprised that the hype for it died out so quickly. The up side, at this stage, is that you can take a step back from its legacy and notoriety and look at it for what it actually is as an album.

As for the album itself, Jenny Death is one of the few parts of a double album that I separate so clearly in my mind from the rest, partly due to its release and mostly to due with the music. It was such a huge step forward after Niggas on the Moon, it was basically Death Grips on 10. If not The Money Store, I could call it the go-to DG album for newcomers.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2015, 01:12:50 PM »
I wasn't into them, and listened to Jenny Death a few weeks after release, but was aware of the hype. And it didn't really affect my opinion on it, so I guess I'm a rare case or something :P

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2015, 01:14:14 PM »
Belighted is great, Jenny Death as well (even though it's no Money Store).

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
Le Sacul's ocassional reccomendation thread v. Awesome free music
« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2015, 01:12:43 PM »
I don't really have much time to keep updating this on a regular basis, but have some awesome stuff.

Hinkstep
Sunrise From The Treetops

Oh, ambient. It's a tough genre for me to get into, because most artists I've tried don't move me in any way, and just bore me - some stuff like Stars of the Lid and Helios works great as background music, yet they fail to grab me beyond that. But I've discovered a special subgenre: psybient. Yes, it's a mix of psy-trance (another of my fetishes) and ambient.

Sunrise From The Treetops reminds me of Shpongle ( :heart), but slower, and with its own style - there are some small influences from diverse genres, even a bit of Porcupine Tree here and there. The mix of textures and the melodic focus is something I really appreciate on this record. And the best part is not only the production (astonishing clear), but the fact that this album is for free! Yup, you can get it here.

A song:  Moonwalk on Mushroom Street