Author Topic: TSO Medley Featuring our own member TwoTimer! New UK date for 2015  (Read 942 times)

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Gun Metal Gray are a local 80's metal band (Harrisburg, PA) who are TODAY flying to the U.K. to do two shows:

12/6 - Parkdean Holiday Park, Porthcawl, Wales
12/6 - The Dolls House, Abertillery, Wales

They do a lot of excellent 80's and modern metal covers, as well as some originals.  In honor of this international trip, they've released a Trans Siberian Orchestra medley they recorded, with DTF member Two Timer on keyboards.  TwoTimer opened for them recently, a friendship was made, and they asked him to come play keyboards on this medley.  Very, very cool.  They've actually done a TSO medley live as well, albeit without keyboards, but still damn cool.  Check out the medley (and their originals) at their Reverb Nation page, www.reverbnation.com/gunmetalgray.

Also, any UK residents that are ANYWHERE near these locations, PLEASE go and see my friends this Saturday, it would mean a lot to me.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 10:34:08 AM by Sir GuitarCozmo »

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: TSO Medley Featuring our own member TwoTimer!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 12:44:51 PM »
I listened to the TSO medley, watched their video, and am listening to some of their original songs right now.  Since I was always taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, it is best to not say anything at all, I will just leave the comment that...

...THESE GUYS ROCK!  :2metal:  The TSO cover really struck me for how tight and polished it is, so I just HAD to dig deeper and listen some more.  These guys have the look, the sound, the energy.  I love what they are doing and wish them success.  If they put up their EP for sale, I will gladly support them by ordering a copy (if there is a link already, I did not see it).
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 12:58:28 PM »
Thanks, I'm glad you liked it.  It also serves as another reminder of what an amazing keyboard player Two Timer is.  I've seen his previous band, I've actually done gigs with him and I've seen him do his solo voice/keyboard thing and he's amazing.

I've done a number of support gigs with GMG and thye're all really nice guys and as noted, phenomenal musicians.  For as tight as the recorded TSO medley is, the video of them doing it live is just as amazing (albeit without keyboards).

Also, for anyone else interested in picking up their music, they're on iTunes also:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/gun-metal-gray/id4267459

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 04:05:23 PM »
My mate is going to that 1st gig. I'll tell him to look out for them.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 04:32:26 PM »
Awesome!!! It would be EXTREMELY cool if he could go to either of the guitar players (Nick or Christian) and tell them that Cozmo from Harrisburg says hi.

Offline 2Timer

• The only DT fan who plays country music!
  • Don't turn your back on parrot eyes
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 07:23:21 PM »
Cozmo and Brandon say hi!
I am God when it goes to hell
When it turns out good I'm not to blame

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 07:41:24 PM »
Yes, that!

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2014, 11:37:46 AM »
Also, I overlooked a gig that they're apparently playing TONIGHT in London, that isn't on the RN page!

Hope and Anchor, 207 Upper Street, Islington, N1 1RL London

Looks like they go on at 11PM.  Any Londoners that could show our friends some support, it would be greatly appreciated!

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Re: TSO Medley Featuring our own member TwoTimer! New UK date for 2015
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2015, 10:41:22 AM »
Our friends Gun Metal Gray will be playing at Planet Rockstock, Trecco Bay, South Wales again this year, on December 5th.  I see that Heaven's Basement is on the bill for the same day and they're bitchin' too.