Author Topic: CDs are irrelevant to me  (Read 7024 times)

Offline jammindude

Re: CDs are irrelevant to me
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2013, 10:45:46 PM »
Remember when people used to have libraries in their homes?   Do you think that they actually READ *ALL* those books?    I don't believe they did.   But I believe the point of having a library, is that when the fancy strikes you to read a certain book, you don't have to go looking for it.   All you have to do is pull it off the shelf.

I look at my CD collection the same way.    To be honest, I own so many freakin CD's that there are some that I have never even gotten around to listening to.   But if I ever have a wild hair and just get curious as to what Robin Zander's solo album sounded like...I don't have to do a search.   It's right there on the shelf any time I get the fancy.   (I haven't yet...but I'm sure I will someday)

(and don't get stuck on Robin Zander people....it's a red herring...it doesn't really matter what CD it is)
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #106 on: May 05, 2013, 09:22:08 PM »
I own a library that I'll never read all of and a CD collection I'll never listen to all of again. Switching to digital formats just means I have more books than I can possibly read on my Nook and several gigabytes of music to still get around to.  :lol
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #107 on: May 05, 2013, 11:28:26 PM »
Remember when people used to have libraries in their homes?   Do you think that they actually READ *ALL* those books?    I don't believe they did.   But I believe the point of having a library, is that when the fancy strikes you to read a certain book, you don't have to go looking for it.   All you have to do is pull it off the shelf.

I look at my CD collection the same way.    To be honest, I own so many freakin CD's that there are some that I have never even gotten around to listening to.   But if I ever have a wild hair and just get curious as to what Robin Zander's solo album sounded like...I don't have to do a search.   It's right there on the shelf any time I get the fancy.   (I haven't yet...but I'm sure I will someday)

(and don't get stuck on Robin Zander people....it's a red herring...it doesn't really matter what CD it is)

Yes. Exactly. I'm the same way.