Author Topic: Theater Appreciation Thread  (Read 450 times)

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
Theater Appreciation Thread
« on: April 27, 2013, 05:32:16 AM »
Inspired by that GMD thread about Phantom and other musicals. Thing is I love musicals and operatic shows, but there are a whole bunch of great non-musical productions. The Odd Couple is probably my favorite at the moment, but I also love Shakespeare and there was one called Jeremy I think that was performed at my college a few years back, fantastic character study. I also just love the idea of theater, probably thanks to a former housemate of mine who's an actor and general entertainer.

Y'all have favorite thespian works, actors, etc.?
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Theater Appreciation Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 06:20:45 AM »
I love musicals but i rarely go and see and that's mostly because it's pretty damn expensive. I played percussion in the orchestra in the swedish version of Spamalot and got the chance to watch the mayhem behind the scenes every night which was hilarious. I had a small monitor in the pit which i used to que diffrent stuff that happend on stage like "punches", "gun shots", screams and so on. Once in a while i of course slipped and hit a diffrent pad (and a cat meow came instead of a gun shot for example) which in the moment nobody in the audience noticed and that's mostly because they laughed so much on what happend on stage. The orchestra on the other hand heard everything and they sure liked to point that out after the show.  :lol
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 06:37:57 AM »
I bet. I never played in the pit of a "professional" production, just like small stuff at my high school. I was always percussion too.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 02:47:42 PM »
What, don't nobody go to at least community theater anymore?