Author Topic: Limited time free track download from new album! + press update  (Read 648 times)

Offline mrjazzguitar

• I play guitar.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • rump horrot
Limited time free track download from new album! + press update
« on: October 30, 2011, 01:19:24 PM »
For a limited time, the track "Dark Star", from my new album The Desert and the City, is available as a FREE download on my website, right on the front page - just click 'download' and enjoy! www.mikerood.com  :metal

Thanks again to everyone who has purchased the CD! The album has been getting some more awesome press -- check out some quotes!

“Rood is the future high hope for jazz…refined technique of the highest order and a quintessential beautiful tone…one of the most lively and original albums this year…a musical genius…a master guitarist and composer.”
     - Mihaly Czekus, HiFi Piac Magazine, Hungary

“The Desert and the City is a measured, beautifully crafted date of quietly insistent tracks… Its consistent vibe, originality, and first-rate musicianship make it well worth the investment in time…It's easy to get lost and just float away on Rood’s playing.”
     - Greg Simmons, All About Jazz

“Sparse settings of relative quietude and lively demonstrations of technical sophistication and motion… The group engages in devilish interplay as they create interlocking parts that move in different and surprising ways… Rood's work is brimming with thoughtfulness, sophistication and musical maturity.”
     - Dan Bilawsky, All About Jazz

“Quite simply the best I’ve heard in 2011… all four players are right inside each others’ heads… music that will invade your spirit and not let go… perfect form and perfect execution… most highly recommended.”
      - Improvijazzation Nation Magazine

“Rood shines… His soloing combines an admirable harmonic and melodic sense that goes far from the standard cliches and stays there… he shows polish and subtlety that is quite rare… a most promising new guitarist… he could be quite important.”
      - Gapplegate Guitar Magazine

“Mike Rood has a wonderfully fresh approach to the guitar… crystal-clear melodic lines and gorgeous atmospheric soundscapes… a compelling and distinctive new voice.”
      - Rochester City Newspaper

“One of the best and brightest of the new generation of instrumental jazz-fusion guitarists… Mike Rood is a master at conjuring spacey, hypnotic guitar grooves that take the listener on a stimulating sonic journey.”
     - MusicWeb Express

“Brilliant playing…a perfect harmony that sounds like a group without egos…An artist to look out for in the coming years.”
     - This Is Book’s Music

“Rood's guitar playing is exquisite, having the musical range of intimate lyrical phrasings to exciting powerful lines in his improvising.”
     - JazzPage Japan

“A truly impressive fingerstyle guitarist… the group weaves elaborate harmonic tapestries over the vast sonic landscapes composed by Rood… an auspicious premiere… highly recommended.”
     - Minor 7th Magazine

“Every inch the well raised child prodigy, Rood is a current master of sitting down music that demands your attention, and he’s just starting out. This is a cat you want to be able to say you knew all about back in the day ten years from now.”
     - Midwest Record Review

“A richly beautiful and inspiring first outing…Can't wait to hear more from this talented guitarist.”
     - St. Joseph News Press

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
Re: Limited time free track download from new album! + press update
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 10:03:12 PM »
I just listened to this again and wanted to remind everyone it still exists and is very good.  I'm not well versed in jazz (that is to say this was my first jazz album), so I think there would be some broad appeal.