Author Topic: Dacling's 100 DT Song Countdown  (Read 7297 times)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Re: Dacling's 100 DT Song Countdown
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2013, 04:08:44 AM »
All great choices, except for Scarred, which I'd rank about the same, except from the opposite end.

:trainwreck:
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Dacling

« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2013, 09:35:00 PM »
2. Wait for Sleep + Learning to Live (I&W)
To me these two songs are one piece and what an amazing piece they are. The Wait for Sleep piano theme is absolutely beautiful and Labrie sings beautifully and the lyrics are fantastic.
"God give me the power to take breath from a breeze
 And call life from a cold metal frame"

Now Learning to Live is the real star here as amazing as Wait for Sleep is this is what makes it so great. The intro is just awesome. The keyboards, the drums, the riffing. The keyboards right before it slows down for the first verse are just amazing. The bass line there is fantastic and the vocals are some of Labrie's best ever throughout. The F# and the ending being the best vocal parts of course. The riff once it gets to 3:10 is just awesome and one of the best on I&W's. I absolutely love the whole acoustic section. I just get lost in it every single time. It's majestic and the drums during it are perfect. Then the electric guitar kicks back in and it builds up to the all important F# and preceding guitar solo which just blows me away every single time I listen to this song and i've listened to it a lot. The keyboard after it perfect and then the whole wait for sleep theme section is just brilliant the way each member contributes to it is just flawless. The guitar part is fantastic and then the amazing little guitar and keyboard solos during it. Then finally the amazing end vocals and the bass that follows and the outro and the ooh's during it make it perfect. I don't know what more I can say but this is a master piece of prog metal other than how amazing Myung's lyrics are.. Though there is one song that tops it and that will be my number one tomorrow.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 09:45:24 PM by Dacling »

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2013, 10:58:45 PM »
I had that pair at the exact same spot in my list! :tup

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2013, 02:07:06 PM »
Okay... we're at the one month mark. Please wrap this up so that someone else can get their list stated.

Offline Dacling

« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2013, 02:48:52 PM »
1. A Change of Seasons(ACOS)
Sorry for the delays.  This is my ultimate dt song. There is far too many good things to say so I will just leave it at that. The anyone who still care I will post many orher songs next wednesday when I get home but the next person should start. Thanks to those of you who cared enough to read this.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2013, 03:54:19 PM »
Good choice. It was my favourite for a long time, and sits comfortably at #2, though that's no knock on its quality at all. :tup
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline iamtheeviltwin

« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2013, 09:55:31 PM »
Good choice, ACOS is worthy of the top spot.

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2013, 03:41:13 AM »
Good choice. It was my favourite for a long time, and sits comfortably at #2 #3, though that's no knock on its quality at all. :tup