Author Topic: 2 innocent dead after horrific Sydney Lindt Cafe Siege - RIP  (Read 2679 times)

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2 innocent dead after horrific Sydney Lindt Cafe Siege - RIP
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2014, 04:37:24 PM »
The thing in Pakistan blows my mind. I don't know if it's true or not (I've read it on multiple news sites), but apparently one group trapped kids in a room, about sixty of them, and forced them to watch as their teacher had gasoline thrown on her and set on fire.

This whole thing is beyond evil.

In terms of the muslims needing to stand up (the non radical ones).  They really do.  Maybe this is more of a PR debate, but with ISIS and the Taliban and then single radicals doing crazy stuff and then the non radical muslims being quiet really doesn't make them look good.  That seems wrong, but its hard for an average person to not look at that and say, "Hey why arent these people standing up for their own religion and what is morally right?"  I can see how someone would see that as negative towards the peaceful muslims.  Just look at what is happening in Germany where there are major protests against islamization of the west.

Yeah, and that's pretty much the way it's going I think.  I work with the public and multi cultural people every day and I'm not judgmental in the slightest, but you can tell people are being more wary of innocent good people just because of their background now, which is a concern.  It doesn't help that one of my work locations is literally 2 minutes away from a place where guys were arrested for planning ISIS related attacks.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.