Author Topic: Drum exercises for beginners  (Read 1002 times)

Offline espion

Drum exercises for beginners
« on: April 02, 2013, 06:38:08 PM »
Hello everybody! I;ve been playing guitar for a few years now, but i'm starting to learn drums. I have an electronic drum kit that i got awile ago. What are some good exercises that i can do to make me better? As i know nothing haha. Thanks.

Offline adastra

Re: Drum exercises for beginners
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 05:19:55 AM »
My suggestion;

Watch this;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfTcE_Sh1_w

Learn it! Because that sounds pretty wicked! YEAH!
When you can nail that, You are ready!
Stay by my side / as I fade / so you can point to the end of my struggle /and the twilight of eternal days / at the low, dark edge of life.

Offline espion

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 05:58:47 PM »
Yea I'll Get right on that haha  :metal

Offline Scrub206

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 12:52:32 AM »
Just start with basic quarter note strokes, then go to double stroke. Parradiddles for chops and stick control. learn the standard 3,5,7,9,11 yada yada stroke rolls. Those are all good for chops. Other than that start playing to simple songs. Since you already know cause you're a musician, Practice and persistence is a huge part. Once you get the feel down for playing to a song, start putting in fills and improv.

Oh and also play with a metronome as much as possible. A drummer with no sense of timing or cant hold a tempo isn't a very useful drummer D:  I felt obligated to say that

If you want you can PM me for more info or whatever. I log onto the forums everyday but not really active, so ill see a PM over a response in a thread xD ENJOY!! :D