Author Topic: Anyone ever by tickets from Stub-hub or Vivid Seats?  (Read 1156 times)

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
Anyone ever by tickets from Stub-hub or Vivid Seats?
« on: January 04, 2022, 08:53:20 PM »
So I've finally decided to go to Charlotte in March to see Dr. Jordan Peterson... apparently, I waited too long to decide and now Ticketbastard says the show is sold out (tells me to check back soon tho, which I thought was odd).  I'm finding a few seats on Stub-hub and Vivid but I'm a bit skeptical as I've not used either of those services before.  Anyone ever use either service?  If so what kind of experience did you have?

Thanks in advance guys...
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Online Anguyen92

Re: Anyone ever by tickets from Stub-hub or Vivid Seats?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 09:19:01 PM »
I've used Stubhub for like 6 shows in 2021 (one of them was for Metallica and the ticket transfer for that one was a bit of a nail biter for me).  Typically, the tickets I bought was always transferred to my Ticketmaster account a few days before the show.  Sometimes, I got really lucky and bought tickets for way below face value than it would be on Ticketmaster, but that's not always a guarantee.  Depends on the show really.  Can't say I got screwed at all, but maybe, I'm one of the lucky ones.

Buy at your own risk, I guess.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 10:36:57 PM »
I've bought from both and never had any problem. Both of them survive by reputation, and if they don't do right by their customers then they'd die quickly. It's typically quite painless,* and when I have needed to deal with their customer service once or twice, they were efficient and helpful. I'd use both with confidence. Also, check TickPick. While the fees are just folded into the price, you often see different listings there. Stubhub and Vidid typically have the same stuff.

*I've actually had just as much, if not more hassle with Ticketmaster's all electronic ticketing. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2022, 05:58:26 AM »
I've never used Vivid or TickPick, but I have used StubHub on numerous occasions and like Bart, never had a problem.   I just bought Keith Urban tickets for the summer through StubHub, as an Xmas present, but usually I'm using StubHub literally moments before a show.  I bought third row stage right for the Maiden LOTB tour from the parking lot, and I bought fourth row center for the Sabbath The End tour from the off ramp for Great Woods.   In both cases it was flawless, and in fact, I moved up for Sabbath to the second row by noting that two seats in front of me never sold by showtime (StubHub can be a resource for that as well). 

I will probably repeat that for Maiden in the fall, when they come to Worcester.   

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2022, 06:56:13 AM »
Stubhub was my go to place for sports tickets and any show I forgot to buy tickets for. They are usually pretty good, though the fees they started adding make the tickets a bit too expensive at times.

Whenever I use Stubhub, I wait until last minute though, since you are bound to find someone trying to get rid of their tickets at a lower cost than face value. Plenty of Knicks game I got to sit on the lower bowl for less than $50  :metal
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2022, 08:37:25 AM »
Thanks guys!  I'll jump on it...
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline pg1067

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2022, 09:10:56 AM »
I'm finding a few seats on Stub-hub and Vivid but I'm a bit skeptical as I've not used either of those services before.  Anyone ever use either service?  If so what kind of experience did you have?

I've used StubHub dozens of times for sporting events and concerts (I don't recall ever using Vivid, but it's possible I have).  Never had a single problem.*  Just keep in mind that, like any ticket seller/reseller, StubHub will take a hefty fee.  When you initially are looking at tickets for an event, the prices you see will be exclusive of the fees.  First thing I always do is, on the right side of the screen, click the "show prices with fees" button.  That way I see the real price up front.

* - In fact, the only unusual situation I ran into was with a playoff hockey game.  I had bought tickets for a game that ended up being unnecessary.  The money I paid, including fees, was refunded back to my card, automatically, within a few days.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung