Author Topic: Metalheads - why do you like metal? (serious question)  (Read 11423 times)

Offline Metal

Re: Metalheads - why do you like metal? (serious question)
« Reply #105 on: March 27, 2013, 03:49:21 PM »
Thank you all for your continued support!  I will do my best not to let any of you down.

:metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal
Don't know where you live, but if your ever in Berkeley, dinner's on me.  Thanks man!!!

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2013, 03:55:16 PM »
Thank you all for your continued support!  I will do my best not to let any of you down.

:metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal
I love this forum so much.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #107 on: March 27, 2013, 04:16:59 PM »
To answer the OP:

I like metal because I like metal.  I don't know how else to describe it other than to say I think good metal music sounds cool and I find it appealing.  Metal has found it's way into my own band's music, which is heavily influenced by metal.

I don't see any good reason to analyze it further. 

It's fucking metal.  Deal with it  :metal

Offline philmcson

« Reply #108 on: March 27, 2013, 04:48:49 PM »
Yesterday I got reminded by Gojira why I like metal. Tightest live metal band on the planet?

Indeed, they're pretty badass on stage.....  :metal

Offline WindMaster

• DTF's Ultimate Frisbee Player
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #109 on: March 27, 2013, 04:54:27 PM »
I prefer metal over other genres because it doesn't get boring and it's complicated. There really isn't much to say other than that.

But, yeah, I'm a huge metalhead, and I hardly listen to regular prog-metal anymore (DT, etc.). It's all about the heaviness. I also like how the harsh vocals are used as an instrument, and I think it really adds to the music.
I only listen to electro-post dubprog.  You've probably never heard of it.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #110 on: March 27, 2013, 04:57:25 PM »

:lol