Author Topic: New DGM Video (Song features Russell Allen)  (Read 1266 times)

Offline duncan3dc

• PHP Ninja
New DGM Video (Song features Russell Allen)
« on: March 08, 2013, 08:10:28 AM »
Great new track from the forthcoming DGM album, not sure if folks round here are aware of them, they supported Symphony X on their last European tour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDfSiR1mhl0

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
Re: New DGM Video (Song features Russell Allen)
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 08:22:58 AM »
Woah. That's really good.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 10:45:04 AM »
Woah. Lines In The Sand in the early part of the song. Just been listening to it in the car.
Other than that, I enjoyed it.

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 11:10:19 AM »
Friggin amazing!!! Whole album is!!!!

Simone Mularoni  is the man.. all the albums he touched recently are absolutely amazing!!!

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 11:54:33 AM »

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 05:47:10 PM »
Did a search and this was the only thread I could find. Just stumbled upon this band on Spotify. Listening to "The Passage"......and it's really good prog metal.  Any fans here?

Offline romdrums

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 06:22:43 PM »
I only have Momentum and The Passage, but The Passage is my default hype music.  It’s like Dream Theater but only if they listened to A Fortune in Lies, Status Seeker, Take the Time, Pull Me Under, and Under a Glass Moon, and then extrapolated that over a whole album.  Great stuff
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 06:39:30 PM »
Did a search and this was the only thread I could find. Just stumbled upon this band on Spotify. Listening to "The Passage"......and it's really good prog metal.  Any fans here?

Me.  :)  I'd recommend Frame for sure, Momentum as well (though I prefer both Frame and The Passage).  Prior to those albums, they had a different singer, who is also great, but different.  A little more edge to his voice.  Different Shapes and Hidden Place are my recommendations there.  And if you go back to the first two albums, there was yet a different singer; I haven't spent much time with either of them but they didn't leave a great impression.  (Could just be that I didn't like the singer and never gave it a chance).

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2018, 08:17:11 PM »
:raiseshand:

Have their discography, and a few live releases.  Love 'em.  Italian Prog/power metal at it's finest.  Momentum was a top 5 AOTY for 2013 on the jingle.list.  The Passage was really good, Frame quite good, but (for me) the stuff before Momentum was just meh.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2018, 08:48:18 PM »

Have their discography, and a few live releases.  Love 'em.  Italian Prog/power metal at it's finest.  Momentum was a top 5 AOTY for 2013 on the jingle.list.  The Passage was really good, Frame quite good, but (for me) the stuff before Momentum was just meh.

We're normally on the same track with bands like this but I liked The Passage , found Momentum to have little momentum and (just going off my ratings) I prefer the older stuff like Different Shapes.   I've always found their albums (at best)  a bit half killer/half filler but the stuff I like I really like .

If memory serves correct the band name came from the first names of the original band members , none of whom are still members.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lethean

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2018, 09:09:21 PM »

We're normally on the same track with bands like this but I liked The Passage , found Momentum to have little momentum and (just going off my ratings) I prefer the older stuff like Different Shapes.   I've always found their albums (at best)  a bit half killer/half filler but the stuff I like I really like .

If memory serves correct the band name came from the first names of the original band members , none of whom are still members.

I love Different Shapes and played it to death when it came out.  I like Momentum a bit better than you did, but do prefer some of the other albums.  Momentum is also the one with a couple really blatant DT rip-off passages, whereas there's a strong DT influence in their other albums but nothing quite so over the top.

Since Tom Englund's been talked about lately in the Redemption and Evergrey threads - I really like Tom's guest spot in The Passage.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2018, 09:23:50 PM »
Frame's pretty good stuff.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2018, 09:25:12 PM »

I do believe your memory serves you just fine.  I don't know who those folks are, but do remember that's the origin of the name.

I may have to revisit Diff't Shapes and Dreamland given your comment.  The former I do have as a 4* album, but Dreamland is 3*.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2018, 09:28:29 PM »
I have The Passage, which is okay and I also have one of the older ones, Different Shapes I think which is better.  I also got a live DVD and best of which I haven't really checked out yet though.  What I've heard I agree with Brent, kind of half killer half filler.  I'm loving Simone's guitar playing at the moment, especially wiht Sunstorm and Redemption but I find his songwriting a bit meh at times. 

Will check this new song when I'm not at work.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2018, 09:30:55 PM »
There is no new song ... this is a 5 year old thread.   :D

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2018, 04:47:40 PM »
There is no new song ... this is a 5 year old thread.   :D

Just fucking realised that when I clicked the link.  I was all like WTF?!  I did think when I saw the thread title, 'huh, they got Russ again for a new song, nice.'  :facepalm:
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.