Author Topic: Geoff Tate's "Operation: Mindcrime" (not Queensryche)  (Read 148868 times)

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
You wanted the best you got the vest! Expect nothing but the vest from Geoff. At least Geoff has money to in-vest in his retirement. I wish him nothing but a vest!

:lol

That "Starring Geoff Tate" crap pisses me off. What an egomaniac.

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
Is there any way a singer can get their voice back?  Or is it a thing that once its blown, its gone for good.  Because one would think if it is possible to work and train your way back to old form, Geoff would have done that, especially considering the circumstances.  I mean, I am sure he sings well enough if the song is within his diminished range...but he sounds horrible trying to sing his old stuff.  It makes me cringe, and feel kind of embarrassed for him and the other guys in the band.  Well I don't feel THAT bad as he is kind of a douche, but you get my point.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline abydos

• DT.net
Well... look at JLB for instance. He kind of got his voice back after the injury and he's still good live. Imagine if he hadn't suffered the injury what he would sound like now? Scary. But from what I know/have read, Geoff has damaged his voice in his own way during the years (similar to Ray Alder) with smoking, not training, drinking, etc.

In other words, I don't think GT can get back in shape even if he wanted/cared/tried. But I'm no singer, nor a musician so it's just an opinion.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Could Geoff get his entire range back?  Doubtful.  But could he get back to being a passable singer?  Probably. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
I'd imagine being a singer is like being an athlete. You have to take care of yourself, and stay in shape. If you get injured, maybe you never recover completely, but through workout and practice you learn to find your new 100 percent (maybe your old self's 80 percent), and you continue to do things to stay on top of your game. The better you take care of yourself, the more likely it is you'll continue to perform well, even as you advance in age.

Geoff strikes me as someone who doesn't care.

Offline PowerSlave

I say that we should start a new meme. Instead of saying "stay classy" when someone acts like a douche, we should change it to "stay vesty".
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
It makes me sad to see this once great band in this state.  I became a huge fan when RFO came out.  I just watched YouTube videos of the Mindcrime tour, and it makes me sad.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
Has someone taken your faith?
Its real, the pain you feel
The life, the love you'd die to heal
The hope that starts the broken hearts
You trust, you must
Confess

Is someone getting the vest, the vest, the vest, the vest of you?

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni

THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST THE VEST

OF YOU.

That song is terrible.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
Some men hunt for sport,
Others hunt for food,
The only thing I'm hunting for,
Is an outfit that looks good...
See my vest, see my vest,
Made from real gorilla chest . . .

I really like the vest.
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
It makes me sad to see this once great band in this state.  I became a huge fan when RFO came out.  I just watched YouTube videos of the Mindcrime tour, and it makes me sad.
but this isn't the actual band. It really saddens me that Tateryche gets a lot more traffic than the actual bands topic

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
When you get up on the stage, and the light it hurts your head
The first thing you do when you have a big bald head
Is hit that streets a-runnin', and try to beat the masses
And go get a vest and some cheap sunglasses
Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah

I got a whole new band, gonna rock it out all night
In a funky pleather vest and some pants that are way too tight
My voice sounds really shitty, like I’m gargling molasses
Good thing I have the vest and the cheap sunglasses

(solo)

Now go out and get yourself a big black vest
With the pleather so dark and tight around the chest
And the choice is up to you cause Ryche comes in two classes:
Real Deal boys or vest and sunglasses
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 03:41:10 PM by eric42434224 »
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
^^^^ He should really grow his hair back, because lately he's been looking a lot like Uncle Vester.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Geoff's All Stars in all their glory.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=188636

I think we can see why Drover bailed.
I thought Sarzo was a better guitar player than that. Pitiful.

Geoff sounds pitiful here.  Rudy's bass sounds out of tune too.

How did he get those people there?

And yes, Glen is way too good for this.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Jesus, that rendition of Jet City Woman is one of the worst things I've ever heard.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
I'M GONNA BE THE VEST I CAN

Offline PowerSlave

but this isn't the actual band. It really saddens me that Tateryche gets a lot more traffic than the actual bands topic

Everyone likes to watch a train wreck. It's internet rubber-necking at it's finest.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline Lowdz

On that showing there's no way this band can play Suite Sister Mary. That will be a train wreck. Or all on tape.

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
He probably changed the vocal melodies.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
What a way to destroy the last vestige of a once great singer. :neverusethis:

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
I'M GONNA BE THE VEST I CAN

The vest on my chair,
And the vest that's in my dreeaaam!
I'm going to sew the two vests into OOONNNNNEEEE!!!  :metal
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Not to kick somebody when they're down, but...if people had any inkling that Tatewreck might do a decent job with Mindcrime, you REALLY need to see for yourself:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiLo_cBfJCo
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
On a related note, I really hate searching for Queensryche live vids and finding the Tateryche versions.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
Not to kick somebody when they're down, but...if people had any inkling that Tatewreck might do a decent job with Mindcrime, you REALLY need to see for yourself:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiLo_cBfJCo

It wasn't that bad until the heavy part, but I had to turn it off after "Sister Mary" got a working microphone.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Yeah, for the first couple of minutes, it's not too bad.  But once she comes in and Tate's part actually has something resembling high notes, it all goes WAY down hill.

Operation: WTF - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4XQ_A2XAVg

Offline abydos

• DT.net
The guy who did the backing vocals was singing much better than Tate.

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price

Oh god, that chorus :lol :lol

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
These videos.....ow.....ow......

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, it's actually quite embarrassing how bad these vids are.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
I wasn't even there and I want my money back.

Offline tedesco23

It's really not a very nice comment, but I laughed out loud at this one on the O:M title track clip:

"It's like watching the special olympics."

Offline Lowdz

Are they playing "easier" versions of the chords in the intro to SSM? Doesn't sound quite right to me.
And how bad is Mary? Sounds more authentic as a smack-head whore nun I suppose. Did Tate even audition her? or is it Susan?
Abysmal.

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
Oh god, that just hurts to listen to. Stop, Geoff. You're embarrassing yourself now.
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline robbob

Oh my god, those vid's are horrible. Why doesn't he just stop all of this. What a disgrace to a once great band, can you imagine what Chris DeGarmo thinks if he seen this shit. But the thing I really don't get is , that place looks packed with people. I can't believe people would actually show up to see this, I guess Geoff still has his group of blind sheep following whatever he puts out.