Author Topic: The Official 2013 NFL Thread  (Read 347284 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: The Official 2013 NFL Thread
« Reply #140 on: April 18, 2013, 02:17:33 PM »
Early rumors indicate that Baltimore at Denver will be the opening game of the season. :tup :tup

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #141 on: April 18, 2013, 02:43:50 PM »
I hope Denver injures every last Baltimore player, coach, assistant, and ball boy.  (but not the cheerleaders because, you know, that would just be wrong)
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #142 on: April 18, 2013, 02:45:28 PM »
I feel that way for so many reason bosk1 :lol.  But I still got to give them kudos on who they beat in the playoffs last year.

Kev.  A very logical start to the new season.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #143 on: April 18, 2013, 05:56:14 PM »
Schedule to be unveiled in a few minutes.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #145 on: April 18, 2013, 06:48:39 PM »
Schedule for the Niners.  I think I like it!  My roommate will only go to a game if the Packers are playing, so I'm looking forward to being there opening day!  :D

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #146 on: April 18, 2013, 06:53:31 PM »
That's a pretty tough opening 5 for San Francisco, but they'll be up for the challenge.

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #147 on: April 18, 2013, 06:55:48 PM »
That's a pretty tough opening 5 for San Francisco, but they'll be up for the challenge.

Agreed, and will be a great indicator for whether we'll see another playoff run.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #148 on: April 18, 2013, 09:42:26 PM »
Early rumors indicate that Baltimore at Denver will be the opening game of the season. :tup :tup

Should be interesting... hopefully our secondary will show up this time  :facepalm:

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #149 on: April 18, 2013, 09:49:20 PM »
I have no clue how Miami got two MNF games, but whatever; the SNF games are almost always better now anyway.

5 Broncos games in prime time. :tup :tup

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #150 on: April 18, 2013, 10:40:26 PM »
Also, I can't believe they didn't save one of the SF/Sea games for Week 17.  Imagine if they are tied for 1st going into the final week.  That could have been an epic game to flex for the last SNF of the year!!

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #151 on: April 18, 2013, 10:57:59 PM »

Should be interesting... hopefully our secondary will show up this time  :facepalm:

should be interesting for Dumervil
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #152 on: April 21, 2013, 04:40:02 PM »
Well, Darrelle Revis is a Buc and he got his money. I'm a little bit bummed that the Jets didn't get more than a first rounder this year and a fourth round pick that will in all likelihood upgrade to a third round pick next year. It's tough though when you need to move a player and there's only one team interested in working out a trade. Still though, if we address two out of WR/OL/OLB/S with #9 and #13 on Thursday night I think we'll be well started on the rebuilding process.
Photobucket sucks.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #153 on: April 21, 2013, 07:14:20 PM »
The one thing I can say is we don't have to face him twice a year.  That man is a beat out there.  He could cover The Flash.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #154 on: April 21, 2013, 08:10:00 PM »
Pretty sweet deal for the Bucs since there's no guaranteed money in his contract.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #155 on: April 22, 2013, 03:25:30 AM »
Also, I can't believe they didn't save one of the SF/Sea games for Week 17.  Imagine if they are tied for 1st going into the final week.  That could have been an epic game to flex for the last SNF of the year!!

Since they've started having all division games in Week 17, they've yet to have Pittsburgh play Baltimore. In fact, the last three years have seen us play Cincinnati while Pittsburgh gets Cleveland. I to wish that they'd let the biggest rivals play on Week 17, but they don't for whatever reason.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #156 on: April 22, 2013, 04:18:05 AM »
Well, Darrelle Revis is a Buc and he got his money. I'm a little bit bummed that the Jets didn't get more than a first rounder this year and a fourth round pick that will in all likelihood upgrade to a third round pick next year. It's tough though when you need to move a player and there's only one team interested in working out a trade. Still though, if we address two out of WR/OL/OLB/S with #9 and #13 on Thursday night I think we'll be well started on the rebuilding process.
It's a shame to see Revis go, but the way he wants to be paid is completely overhead for the Jets, and frankly they just can't afford it. I'm really happy to see Idzik liquidating the current team and making the tough decisions.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #157 on: April 22, 2013, 08:56:02 AM »

Since they've started having all division games in Week 17, they've yet to have Pittsburgh play Baltimore. In fact, the last three years have seen us play Cincinnati while Pittsburgh gets Cleveland. I to wish that they'd let the biggest rivals play on Week 17, but they don't for whatever reason.

They do sometimes.  Dal/Was, Den/KC, NYG/Philly, GB/Minn all played in Week 17 in 2012.  This coming season, GB/Chi, Philly/Dal, NYG/Was, Den/Oak, etc. all play in Week 17.

I suspect Baltimore/Pittsburgh hasn't been in Week 17 yet because NBC always one of their two games to be a guaranteed SNF game, not a possible one to flex late in the season, and CBS has to have the other (it would be unfair to them if neither was on CBS), so they simply haven't scheduled it for Week 17 yet.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #158 on: April 22, 2013, 02:07:44 PM »

They do sometimes.  Dal/Was, Den/KC, NYG/Philly, GB/Minn all played in Week 17 in 2012.  This coming season, GB/Chi, Philly/Dal, NYG/Was, Den/Oak, etc. all play in Week 17.

I suspect Baltimore/Pittsburgh hasn't been in Week 17 yet because NBC always one of their two games to be a guaranteed SNF game, not a possible one to flex late in the season, and CBS has to have the other (it would be unfair to them if neither was on CBS), so they simply haven't scheduled it for Week 17 yet.

That makes sense. I just wish is was based on a rotation instead of what the networks want. But they've certainly paid a lot of money to broadcast these games.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #159 on: April 25, 2013, 09:44:42 PM »
Welcome to Baltimore Matt Elam!

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #160 on: April 25, 2013, 10:01:13 PM »
I don't really know much about this Williams guy Denver drafted tonight but he looks like a beast. I've been waiting a long time for them to draft a dominant DT in the first round, hopefully this guy will fill a huge hole this team has had for what feels like the last decade.

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #161 on: April 26, 2013, 01:20:14 AM »
Love the Jarvis Jones pick. Sure the Steelers could use a lineman or two, but Jones is a bone crusher. I can't wait to see him fuck guys up. Joe Flacco is gonna know the cold, hard ground of Pittsburgh and Baltimore intimately.
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #162 on: April 26, 2013, 04:49:42 AM »
Really like where the Jets went with their picks. I wanted them to get Tavon Austin, but the WR class is pretty good so they'll be quality further down. But at least they didn't try to solve their obvious QB problem by wasting a high round pick on one of this year's sketchy QB's.

And man, how about Geno Smith? The dude is frail as can be. Tweeted crap all night, and then went home and said he's not coming back tomorrow. So, here's the question: is any team that signs him after that moronic? Smith's obviously not a winner, and is gonna be that type of player that quits when the team is down, or when he's not getting his way.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #163 on: April 26, 2013, 12:42:38 PM »
Scratch that. Geno Smith is going to be showing up now.

That's sensible. But you have got to wonder what a night of pouting on Twitter looks like to franchises now?

I think if Jacksonville doesn't take him, Geno Smith could probably do alright on a team like the Eagles or the Jets, though the harsh fanbases of both cities would be something he's got to get used to.

The Eagles have Michael Vick for another year, as well as Nick Foles and Chip Kelly's guy. Over the last few years, Vick's been too slow releasing the ball to work well in a West Coast system effectively. And, while Nick Foles has a strong arm (I think), he's not very accurate or mobile. Geno Smith could hypothetically run the West Coast offense better than Michael Vick or Nick Foles, but you've got to imagine that if the Eagles take him, he's riding on the bench for a year while Vick takes the starting job. Maybe the time being a backup and being mentored by Vick gives Smith the boost in maturity and technique he needs, but maybe it doesn't.

The Jets prospect is interesting too, 'cause the Jets are a team also developing a West Coast system. I'm not sure what David Garrard can offer that at this point, but I'm curious how Geno Smith would compare to Mark Sanchez. Sanchez doesn't have a great touch and can be pretty inaccurate, but he's still pretty precise on short throws and can make longer throws that Smith struggles with. Plus, unlike the Eagles, the Jets are absolutely lacking in several offensive areas, and would probably be just as justified using their early 2nd round pick on an WR or a respectiable TE like Zach Ertz.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #164 on: April 26, 2013, 12:58:17 PM »
I love when they show fans of a team at the draft, a pick is made, they pan back to them, and they all have that "who in the hell did we just pick?" look on their faces. :lol :lol   Those are usually the braindead morons who want a "name" pick and don't understand how valuable it can be to land a great guard or safety in the first round. 

Anyway, I don't know a lot about the DT the Broncos took, Sylvester, but Elway supposedly never thought he would drop to them, and the pick is being lauded by most, so I am more than happy with the selection. 

Yawn at all of the talk about non-factors like Geno Smith, the Jets and the Bills.

I love the fact that Oakland seemingly picks in the top 5 every year. :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

And despite being told to not spoil picks on air anymore, ESPN still telegraphed way too many picks ahead of time. :tdwn :tdwn

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #165 on: April 26, 2013, 01:30:34 PM »
As far as QB's go...

Looks like Bleacher Report has Jacksonville jumping on Geno Smith, Arizona going for Nassib, Barkley to Houston, and a 3rd round Tyler Wilson going to the New York Jets.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #166 on: April 26, 2013, 02:22:31 PM »
Love the Jarvis Jones pick. Sure the Steelers could use a lineman or two, but Jones is a bone crusher. I can't wait to see him fuck guys up. Joe Flacco is gonna know the cold, hard ground of Pittsburgh and Baltimore intimately.

He's already pretty intimate with the ground.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #167 on: April 26, 2013, 02:51:29 PM »
Was that at the end of the play when Chris Harris picked Flacco off for 6?  :lol Joe did get the last laugh though.   :sadpanda:

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #168 on: April 26, 2013, 02:57:24 PM »
Was that at the end of the play when Chris Harris picked Flacco off for 6?  :lol Joe did get the last laugh though.   :sadpanda:

It sure was. We call that Flaccoing.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #169 on: April 26, 2013, 03:54:14 PM »
Holy shit. Aaron Rodgers is going to get paid 40m next year.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #170 on: April 26, 2013, 04:04:33 PM »
So I joked on a Facebook post that I might as well go to bed knowing that the Pats would trade their 1st round pick and move down.

I just didn't expect to get a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, & a 7th!

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #171 on: April 26, 2013, 05:19:03 PM »
Really like where the Jets went with their picks. I wanted them to get Tavon Austin, but the WR class is pretty good so they'll be quality further down. But at least they didn't try to solve their obvious QB problem by wasting a high round pick on one of this year's sketchy QB's.

And man, how about Geno Smith? The dude is frail as can be. Tweeted crap all night, and then went home and said he's not coming back tomorrow. So, here's the question: is any team that signs him after that moronic? Smith's obviously not a winner, and is gonna be that type of player that quits when the team is down, or when he's not getting his way.

This is now retroactively hilarious.  :rollin
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #172 on: April 26, 2013, 05:21:48 PM »
I think it's a good pick for the Jets. Low risk move.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #173 on: April 26, 2013, 05:47:08 PM »
I really think it depends. I'm not as mad about it as I thought I'd be, and actually feel some hope now that it's happened.

The Jets needed a QB sorely. Well? They went out and got the best QB available. Geno Smith isn't ready to start, but he's inherently better suited for the new WC offense than Mark Sanchez. I don't think he'll start next season, but maybe that'll give him time to develop and time for the Jets to go on building so that when he DOES start he's got a good, WC team around him.

He at least has a good arm, understands the game, and doesn't make stupid mistakes. As a second round pick (and 3rd overall for the Jets), he was a steal. There weren't many teams in need of a QB that were going to be able to pass-up on him much longer, I think. 

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #174 on: April 26, 2013, 10:58:52 PM »
Holy shit. Aaron Rodgers is going to get paid 40m next year.
Not knowing the details, it's front loading on available space, right? ...to give a lot more flexibility for the Packers when they might be tight.