Author Topic: Official Queensryche Thread - NEW ALBUM INFO. p. 30  (Read 50324 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
I hope the middle of the cover is a fist with rings that spell out LOL on them.
I think it's actually going to say "FU2"
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline jammindude

I hope the middle of the cover is a fist with rings that spell out LOL on them.

Totally stealing this.   

:tup
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Here's someting nice to wash away some of the recent TateWrëck footage. 

https://vimeo.com/49720346

This was the first show they did under the Queensryche name with Todd.  They are certainly not the best or tightest shows they have done with Todd, since there have been MANY since then.  But still very good, and the pro-shot footage is NICE.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
Oooh shiny.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline PowerSlave

Here's someting nice to wash away some of the recent TateWrëck footage. 

https://vimeo.com/49720346

This was the first show they did under the Queensryche name with Todd.  They are certainly not the best or tightest shows they have done with Todd, since there have been MANY since then.  But still very good, and the pro-shot footage is NICE.

I just finished watching the full video. Todd was a little rough in spots, but he was still far superior to anything that Geoff has sounded like in years. It's been awhile since I've seen the band live other than the random video clip here and there. I needed that video to remind me how much I love watching Scott play. The guy isn't flashy. He's just a solid and very entertaining player and he deserves more recognition than he usually gets.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
So based on the bits of cover art the band has put up so far, what are you guys thinking? Self-titled album? With how big the symbol is looking to be, doesn't seem to be much room left for an album title.

By the way, I'm pretty sure my local record store ordered 0 copies of the Frequency Unknown. Not in the Queensryche section, not in the "new albums" section. Is the album online-sale only? Because given how in-the-know the employees are, I wouldn't put it past them to straight up refuse to sell that album. I've been buying from these guys for years and it seems like something they'd do. (One of them actually gave me a look of disapproval back when I bought Dedicated To Chaos.)  :lol
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
They just revealed more of it.

Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Gold.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Just listened to Redemption. If its anywhere near the best song on the album, this album will suck too.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
Just listened to Redemption. If its anywhere near the best song on the album, this album will suck too.

I think it may be more the single. And have you ever heard a single as being the best song on an album? Sometimes, the choice of a single buggers me.

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand

:lol When the whole thing's revealed, you need to post your finished version on their Facebook page.

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member

:lol When the whole thing's revealed, you need to post your finished version on their Facebook page.
I second that.  :tup

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

I think it may be more the single. And have you ever heard a single as being the best song on an album? Sometimes, the choice of a single buggers me.

B.Lee

I understand that, B. But I while I think this album will be better than the Tate one, I still don't know if it's gonna be any good. Redemption has only cemented that thought.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni

It looks like someone already posted it on their FB page. Who was that? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
The worst about all of this fighting over the Queensryche name nonsense is this:

There are currently two versions of the band, and neither of them has Chris DeGarmo. :facepalm: :facepalm:

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
Last teaser before revelation :

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)

B.Lee

I understand that, B. But I while I think this album will be better than the Tate one, I still don't know if it's gonna be any good. Redemption has only cemented that thought.

I second that. Redemption has only mildly got me interested. Idk, but there is something missing in there.

B.Lee

Offline Ruba

The worst about all of this fighting over the Queensryche name nonsense is this:

There are currently two versions of the band, and neither of them has Chris DeGarmo. :facepalm: :facepalm:

You said it.  :(

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
Wow, I never thought of it that way, but that is indeed the worst part about this.  You'd think he'd be in one or the other.  What's he even doing these days?

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
Is he still flying planes?
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
Whoa, I had no idea.  From Wikipedia:

Around the time of leaving Queensrÿche, DeGarmo began a full-time career as a professional corporate jet pilot. He holds an Airline Transport Pilot Licence, which he acquired during Queensrÿche's most commercially successful years as well as CL-30 (Challenger 300), LR-JET (Learjet), IA-Jet (Westwind) and LR-45 (Learjet 45) type ratings from the FAA.

It goes on to list some musical projects he's done post-Queensrÿche, nothing more recent than 2007.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: Official Queensryche Thread - NEW ALBUM INFO. p. 30
« Reply #1038 on: April 29, 2013, 10:28:50 AM »
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=298698933596599&set=a.183090515157442.43082.163601033773057&type=1

Our publicist wanted us to wait until his press release went out, but we were so excited to show you all we couldn't wait!! So here you go!!

QUEENSRŸCHE RETURN WITH NEW SELF-TITLED ALBUM SLATED FOR RELEASE ON JUNE 25th ON CENTURY MEDIA!!

This gets said often by a lot of bands, but we believe we have recorded some of our finest music in years. The collaborative effort of everyone on this album is something we are extremely proud of. Working with Jimbo and the addition of Todd has revitalized the band in ways we never knew until we heard the final results. We know you have to wait a little longer but are excited for all of our fans to hear it. Queensrÿche wouldn’t be in this position if not for your unwavering support!!
~ Scott Rockenfield.

The track listing for Queensrÿche is:

1. X2
2. Where Dreams Go To Die
3. Spore
4. In This Light
5. Redemption
6. Vindication
7. Midnight Lullaby
8. A World Without
9. Don’t Look Back
10. Fallout
11. Open Road

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1039 on: April 29, 2013, 10:31:26 AM »
I am not a fan of bands releasing self-titled albums when it isn't their first, but whatever. 

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1040 on: April 29, 2013, 10:32:12 AM »
Why?  ???

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1041 on: April 29, 2013, 10:34:15 AM »
but we believe we have recorded some of our finest music in years.

That ain't too tough.

I am not a fan of bands releasing self-titled albums when it isn't their first, but whatever. 

Yeah, it seems kinda stupid to do so after 10 albums under your belt already, but I ain't bothered by it.  They coulda done something more with the title, and the cover for that matter.  Blob... uncover your last few squares.  I want that album cover.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline fibreoptix

« Reply #1042 on: April 29, 2013, 10:36:55 AM »
I think the self titled aspect probably has something to do with this being a new beginning. A fresh start and all that...

Personal thoughts? That is one tasty looking tracklisting. Intrigued to hear some of these songs.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1043 on: April 29, 2013, 10:38:31 AM »
Yeah, it seems kinda stupid to do so after 10 albums under your belt already, but I ain't bothered by it.  They coulda done something more with the title, and the cover for that matter.  Blob... uncover your last few squares.  I want that album cover.

:lol Here you go. I even swapped in the final cover.
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/BlobVanDam/queensryche_nou.jpg

And I agree with Kev. To me it feels either lazy, or presumptuous to make an album self titled when it's not your first.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1044 on: April 29, 2013, 10:40:13 AM »
I think the self titled aspect probably has something to do with this being a new beginning. A fresh start and all that...

I'm OK with it here too. Kind of like driving home the point that THEY are Queensryche.

Personal thoughts? That is one tasty looking tracklisting.

Midnight Lullaby? :lol

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #1045 on: April 29, 2013, 10:44:55 AM »
When a band does it later on in their career, it's generally a restatement.  They've gone through some changes, but they're still Queensrÿche.  Spock's Beard did it, Genesis did it, Fleetwood Mac did it twice (both times after major changes), the list goes on and on.

Offline fibreoptix

« Reply #1046 on: April 29, 2013, 10:54:56 AM »

OK, well, for the most part. :lol

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1047 on: April 29, 2013, 11:20:17 AM »

:lol Here you go. I even swapped in the final cover.
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/BlobVanDam/queensryche_nou.jpg

YES

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1048 on: April 29, 2013, 11:34:29 AM »

OK, well, for the most part. :lol

Personally, I think it's a bit silly to read too much into song titles before the songs are actually heard.  I mean, can anyone honestly say they would have thought "Best I Can" or "Silent Lucidity" would have been cool songs based just on the titles? 

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1049 on: April 29, 2013, 12:10:52 PM »
I absolutely applaud that they went self-titled. That is where they needed to go. For what it's worth, I thought that's where DT needed to go for DT11. QR's confidence level right now is contagious.