Author Topic: Guess the video game (ie. you post screenshots, first to guess is da winner)  (Read 20488 times)

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
Re: Guess the video game (ie. you post screenshots, first to guess is da winner)
« Reply #210 on: February 28, 2013, 02:29:11 PM »
Gun-Nac

I don't know how tough this will be, but from what I remember this is a pretty unknown N64 game.

Cool to know other people know about this awesome game. Interesting to know too that others also consider it pretty obscure.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline yorost

• Inactive
Re: Guess the video game (ie. you post screenshots, first to guess is da winner)
« Reply #211 on: February 28, 2013, 02:37:48 PM »
Evidently it's called WarBirds. Good thing we're not dishing out easy games anymore, but that shit was just cruel.  :lol I'll wait for confirmation in case I'm wrong and there was more than one Atari Lynx flight sim.
It was Warbirds, one of the highlight games on the system.  Check some video's on it and think about the fact that it was going against the GB from the start.  The Lynx and Jaguar are interesting stories on how Atari fucked things up for themselves, both were great systems for their gens.  I really regret selling my collections for both of them.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #212 on: February 28, 2013, 02:39:30 PM »
Space Station was one* of my absolute favorite adventure games as a kid. Around my group of friends it was pretty well known but yeah, it seems like it's pretty niche when it comes to the general masses of the 64 generation. So much fun, even today. The mechanics are pretty bad, but any 3D game back then is a bit wonky. Great stuff though.

Ed: one was? fuckin dyslexic, what the shit...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 03:18:54 PM by TioJorge »

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #213 on: February 28, 2013, 03:05:55 PM »
Here we go. I'll give this one a few hours before dropping a hint.

Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #214 on: February 28, 2013, 03:09:55 PM »
Cool to know other people know about this awesome game. Interesting to know too that others also consider it pretty obscure.
I consider it that because I know of no one who played or even talked about that game.

Also, I know the one UMH posted but since he wants to give it hour to hint, I'll let him have his fun. :P
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #215 on: February 28, 2013, 03:11:51 PM »
Yeah, the only reason I knew of it was a friend of mine who had it when we were younger. Never knew anyone else to play it.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #216 on: February 28, 2013, 03:12:27 PM »
I consider it that because I know of no one who played or even talked about that game.

Also, I know the one UMH posted but since he wants to give it hour to hint, I'll let him have his fun. :P
I think he means he's expecting it to be taken quickly, so won't need hints. :dunno:

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #217 on: February 28, 2013, 03:23:45 PM »
Well, if it was that, Rayman Rush.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #218 on: February 28, 2013, 04:04:23 PM »
Damn. I thought that was a bit more obscure. Sure, it's a famous series, but most people are shocked to learn it exists, since it's basically half of Rayman Arena shoehorned into a Playstation 1 game while the PS2 had been out for a few years already. But indeed, it is Rayman Rush. I remember buying it because I enjoyed Rayman, but the game itself was pretty lame, and awfully slow for a racing game. It kind of reminds me of an even sloppier Sonic R.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #219 on: February 28, 2013, 10:15:51 PM »
I'm pretty sure more than one person will know this one, but just want people to remember a great game from a company who's fallen so hard from grace.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #220 on: February 28, 2013, 10:19:01 PM »
Don't know it. Looks like something by Rare/Rareware though.

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #221 on: February 28, 2013, 10:32:26 PM »
I remember those ant things but can't figure out the name....
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #222 on: February 28, 2013, 10:41:59 PM »
I'm pretty sure more than one person will know this one, but just want people to remember a great game from a company who's fallen so hard from grace.

Jet Force Gemini. A classic Rareware N64 game. :tup

Edit: Here's the next one:

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #223 on: February 28, 2013, 10:44:03 PM »
I remember going to my friend's house and playing multiplayer all afternoon!

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
I remember going to my friend's house and playing multiplayer all afternoon!

Me too. Thats why i remembered the ant things and it was a shooter type for multi.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
That's the amazing River Raid, from Atari.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
River Raid was already posted a few pages back, too. :lol  I put it up and bosk1 got it.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
River Raid was excellent.  Activision seemed to have a knack for making the better Atari games.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
Yeah, they did, Activision has some of the most polished looking games on the system.  Atari had a terrible system pumping out games, lots of crap for cashing in rather than taking their time.  Most of the best games were third party on the 2600.  Even popular ones like Combat had far superior products (Armor Ambush kicks it's ass).

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
River Raid was already posted a few pages back, too. :lol  I put it up and bosk1 got it.
Ah sorry, seems I overlooked that. :facepalm:

Offline yorost

• Inactive
No sorry, it's just funny we've had two games repeated already and one is River Raid.  I am pleased.  :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Golden Axe! :metal
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Fuck yeah!

Offline masterthes

Loved that game!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
Is that like Mad Max Racing or something? :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
:lol No, but probably not too far off.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
I KNOW THAT ONE!! But I can't remember the complete name!

I know it's RC something.

Offline Ħ

I played a black and white version of that! You race around and you can pick up missile and bombs and stuff. And there's little tar spots that will cause you to spin out of control.

No idea what it's called.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
Rock And Roll Racing.

GG.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Rock And Roll Racing.

GG.

Yeah, incredible game.

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I remember that but for the life of me can't remember what it's called.

EDIT: A bit of a cheat but looking at the top left hand corner, I think it may simply be called PLOK.

Offline Ħ

Plok?
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges