Author Topic: Guess the video game (ie. you post screenshots, first to guess is da winner)  (Read 20435 times)

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: Guess the video game (ie. you post screenshots, first to guess is da winner)
« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2013, 10:47:57 AM »
I just can't think of the name and don't want to cheat by going to Google  :-\
Google isn't cheating in the rules, just using Google's advanced search tool where you search with an image and it finds websites with similar ones.
Yeah if you recognise the game but just can't remember what it's called, I think it's fair enough to search with a few descriptors. Just don't image search the pic!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
Re: Guess the video game (ie. you post screenshots, first to guess is da winner)
« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2013, 10:57:50 AM »
Oh, ok then it's The Battle of Olympus.  Somebody else can have my turn.  If somebody wants to post a screenshot of Soul Blazer though that would be cool, cuz I love that game.  Soul Blazer.

Damn kids, too lazy to post their own screenshots...

*not Soul Blazer
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2013, 10:59:47 AM »
That must be a Monster Hunter, I wouldn't be able to guess it though.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2013, 11:30:06 AM »
Probably the Wii's Monster Hunter if you're right.  Looks like a good guess, to me.

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2013, 12:13:17 PM »
Probably the Wii's Monster Hunter if you're right.  Looks like a good guess, to me.

Close enough. :P
It's Monster Hunter Tri.
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline Ħ

« Reply #110 on: February 22, 2013, 12:58:58 PM »
I just can't think of the name and don't want to cheat by going to Google  :-\
Google isn't cheating in the rules, just using Google's advanced search tool where you search with an image and it finds websites with similar ones.
Yeah if you recognise the game but just can't remember what it's called, I think it's fair enough to search with a few descriptors. Just don't image search the pic!
Sounds fair enough.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #111 on: February 22, 2013, 01:00:10 PM »

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #112 on: February 22, 2013, 01:17:18 PM »
...Dream Theater alert!

I wanted to post this game, but figured nobody would know it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFyJYFklNY0

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #113 on: February 22, 2013, 01:23:43 PM »
It's been a LONG time, but that has to be River Raid.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #114 on: February 22, 2013, 01:29:29 PM »
:tup

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #115 on: February 22, 2013, 01:30:18 PM »
Sweet!

"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2013, 01:38:27 PM »
Stumped already?  Where's Crowley at?  He'll get this one for sure.  :lol
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 01:50:53 PM by bosk1 »

Offline Ħ

« Reply #117 on: February 22, 2013, 02:19:30 PM »
That looks so familiar.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #118 on: February 22, 2013, 02:46:30 PM »
Myst?
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #119 on: February 22, 2013, 02:47:53 PM »
No, but you are oh so VERY close!

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #120 on: February 22, 2013, 02:51:22 PM »
Morrowind?
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #121 on: February 22, 2013, 02:55:13 PM »
Morrowind?

YES!  :D

Okay, actually, no.  I've never even heard of that game.  :dunno:  Keep guessing.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #122 on: February 22, 2013, 02:57:02 PM »
It looks too old to be Morrowind actually, but since you said it was close to Myst, I had to give it a go.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #123 on: February 22, 2013, 03:03:09 PM »
It was definitely created with Myst in mind, and the advertisements even came right out and said so.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #124 on: February 22, 2013, 03:09:05 PM »
Riven: The sequel to Myst?
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #125 on: February 22, 2013, 03:12:37 PM »
GREAT guess!  :D

But no.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #126 on: February 22, 2013, 03:21:15 PM »
Hint:  List Myst, there is a log "cabin" on an island.  The island (and the "cabin") is modeled after a place in the San Juan Islands.

That's enough to find the answer on Google, but you will still probably need a pretty discerning eye to pick up on the clues Google will give you.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 03:26:34 PM by bosk1 »

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #127 on: February 22, 2013, 03:38:39 PM »
My extended back yard.  Too bad the islands are replete with cabins.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #128 on: February 22, 2013, 03:39:22 PM »
Chris, you KNOW the answer to this one.  I know you do.

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #129 on: February 22, 2013, 04:01:27 PM »
Couldn't tell what it was, so I googled the image. Pretty good. :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #130 on: February 22, 2013, 04:01:59 PM »
How?  I changed the file name.

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
« Reply #131 on: February 22, 2013, 04:05:02 PM »
google.com/images, to the left of the blue search button there is a camera, click on it and enter the file url and it will do a reverse image search
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #132 on: February 22, 2013, 04:11:26 PM »
Wow, that renders this whole thread pretty useless :lol
Squ

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #133 on: February 22, 2013, 04:11:37 PM »
Wow #1: Never knew you could do that.

Wow #2: Never knew that was a game. Bosk, I am pretty late to the party regarding the subject, despite my area of residence.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #134 on: February 22, 2013, 04:14:55 PM »
That's why the OP stated that people should not do this, as it would pointless.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline SomeoneLikeHim

• The flame is gone
  • The fire remains
« Reply #135 on: February 22, 2013, 04:15:02 PM »
Well, fortunately we're all honest people here :angel:
"We can walk our road together, if our goals are all the same
We can run alone and free, if we pursue a different aim"

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #136 on: February 22, 2013, 04:17:55 PM »
google.com/images, to the left of the blue search button there is a camera, click on it and enter the file url and it will do a reverse image search

:omg:  Whoa!  I never knew that.

Not sure what the time limit is supposed to be on this, but should I drop some more hints to keep it moving, or just let it lie until someone gets it?

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #137 on: February 22, 2013, 04:25:17 PM »
I'm gonna feel so stupid if this isn't it...because I keep going back to Myst/Riven and the only game that looks that Myst-like and isn't...and with that friggin' log cabin is..

Promised Land?

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #138 on: February 22, 2013, 04:27:12 PM »
YES!

Did you really know it, or did you have to cheat?  #notjudgingu

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #139 on: February 22, 2013, 04:29:19 PM »
I'm far too lazy to do all that Google stuff, which I just found out on this page. I knew it because my dad is a huge Queensryche fan and got me this game whenever he saw me playing Myst one day.

Here we go:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 04:35:33 PM by TioJorge »

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.