Author Topic: The Official Playstation 4 Thread.  (Read 25829 times)

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Re: The Official Playstation 4 Thread.
« Reply #245 on: June 11, 2013, 10:40:07 PM »
That dude just helped add "snobby" and "exaggerative" to the list of negative words that can describe Microsoft. Seriously? You're gonna cite an isolated case of a dude on a nuclear sub as a representation of the internet-deprived world as though that's how unlikely it is that a gaming consumer is without internet.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Aythesryche

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #246 on: June 11, 2013, 10:51:33 PM »
That dude just helped add "snobby" and "exaggerative" to the list of negative words that can describe Microsoft. Seriously? You're gonna cite an isolated case of a dude on a nuclear sub as a representation of the internet-deprived world as though that's how unlikely it is that a gaming consumer is without internet.

When I watched that all I can think is "Really? He said that? Wow..." Then I thought about all the other poor suckers that won't be able to use Xbox One. Like someone that's at the summit of Mt. Everest, A guy in a tree deep within the Amazon, a man lost in the Gobi desert, a dead man in a cemetery. He has a point. These people can stick with the 360 or gtfo.

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #247 on: June 11, 2013, 11:03:24 PM »

When I watched that all I can think is "Really? He said that? Wow..." Then I thought about all the other poor suckers that won't be able to use Xbox One. Like someone that's at the summit of Mt. Everest, A guy in a tree deep within the Amazon, a man lost in the Gobi desert, a dead man in a cemetery. He has a point. These people can stick with the 360 or gtfo.

I'm gonna take that as sarcasm and retort. A buddy of mine just got out of the Army after a couple tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. They played games there all the time, but it was all offline because the internet sucked and/or was crazy expensive.

Not to mention the hours I spent gaming during the full week I was without internet during my recent move.  For Microsoft to say that I'm "Not Allowed" to play games in that scenario is asinine.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #248 on: June 11, 2013, 11:12:27 PM »
Given Aythe's posting history, I took it as a casual joke since I've never found him to be rude at any time thus far. My point was that millions of people can't afford regular internet access and that it's flat-out insulting to them to belittle such a huge chunk of society as something as anomalous and unheard of as some random schlub on a nuclear sub especially in the tone in which that snob in the video did.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline sueño

• How Dare I Be So Beautiful?
« Reply #249 on: June 12, 2013, 12:07:54 AM »
https://m.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22850769

:justjen     amazing experiences!
"We spend most of our lives convinced we’re the protagonist of the story, but we rarely realize that we’re just supporting characters in everybody else’s story. Nobody thinks about you as much as you do."

Offline Aythesryche

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #250 on: June 12, 2013, 12:22:25 AM »
Yeah, I was being sarcastic for sure. I all seriousness, MS is definitely shooting themselves in the foot here. That statement he made definitely makes him out to be a snob that seems pretty oblivious as to how a lot of the real world works. Either that or MS simply doesn't give a damn anymore and they're catering exclusively to the privileged. Either way, it's going to hurt them for sure.

Offline sueño

"We spend most of our lives convinced we’re the protagonist of the story, but we rarely realize that we’re just supporting characters in everybody else’s story. Nobody thinks about you as much as you do."

• DT.net Member
« Reply #252 on: June 12, 2013, 01:20:56 AM »
https://m.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22850769

:justjen     amazing experiences!

If this guy has some kind of involuntary twitch, I apologize for what I'm about to say. His perpetual bobblehead doll body language really seems to hint at someone who's lying so badly that every word coming out of his mouth causes increasing discomfort for him. Also, (during his "4 key components in that ecosystem" (regarding the pre-owned games market) spiel at around 2:30) he's condescending in the worst way and that is he's basically uttering complete lies and saying them anyway like a kid telling mom he didn't break the vase even though he was home by himself all day. When people go that far, they're saying either A) "Despite the absurdity of my claims, I actually think you're still dumb enough to believe it" or B) "We both know I'm full of shit but I couldn't care less about what you think of my integrity level anyway."

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #253 on: June 12, 2013, 04:48:47 AM »
What's with all the dumbass references to the cloud?  "Access to the Internet requires the cloud" ??  Does this guy even know what 'the cloud' is, or is he just using it as a buzz word?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #254 on: June 12, 2013, 10:21:37 AM »
Smaller than i thought actually which is nice.

Goddamn the old PS3 was ugly though!  :lol And of course the SexBoned 1 looks like a VCR.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #255 on: June 12, 2013, 10:37:55 AM »
I liked the launch models of the PS3. The slim was hideous.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #256 on: June 12, 2013, 10:42:03 AM »
The PS4 also looks like a VCR, only that the PS4 is on italics.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline tapsmiled

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #257 on: June 12, 2013, 10:47:07 AM »
All I know is that I just watched the extended trailer for MGSV, and they can have my money....all of it.  That game, at least from the cutscenes, looks amazing.
Do or do not; there is not try.
Trust your Force.  Strong!

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #258 on: June 12, 2013, 10:51:53 AM »
I've never once thought my slim looked hideous. It looks nicer than the original model, if you ask me.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #259 on: June 12, 2013, 10:59:06 AM »
That bulky thing instead of a slim version?  :justjen

All I know is that I just watched the extended trailer for MGSV, and they can have my money....all of it.  That game, at least from the cutscenes, looks amazing.
I'll have to agree, that looked awesome!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #260 on: June 12, 2013, 11:12:41 AM »
I just hope it's more a game than an interactive movie.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #261 on: June 12, 2013, 11:22:52 AM »
I just hope it's more a game than an interactive movie.
After playing a few Metal Gear Solid games I've come to the conclusion that cutscenes are not only its number one flaw but borderline detrimental. No pause in the older games, or option to save during them, is a massive annoyance for someone that rarely plays for blocks longer than 20-30 minutes. MGS4 did it better, but it was so overblown at times I felt like it was keeping me away from a game I was enjoying. Heck, it was already doing that in MGS2.

...and I love the games. I hope cinema is kept to a minimum in MGSV.

What about V being split into two games? Is it just two "games" on the one release, or is it being split into two releases?

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #262 on: June 12, 2013, 11:25:37 AM »
MGS4 was the worst offender in this! It also managed to turn Solid Snake from a badass to a hindrance who was always getting in the way of the real people trying to do good.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #263 on: June 12, 2013, 11:54:33 AM »
With the series moving into open world, I doubt there will be too many cutscenes

Offline sueño

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #265 on: June 12, 2013, 08:50:16 PM »
With the series moving into open world, I doubt there will be too many cutscenes

Grand Theft Auto has quite a few.

Side bar. If GTA were to be released on both PS3 and PS4, do you think we would have heard by now?

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #266 on: June 12, 2013, 09:05:39 PM »
I laughed at the quote Kojima gave today. "MGS5 is more a TV show than a movie" :lol :lol

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #267 on: June 14, 2013, 08:39:08 PM »
4 hours into "The Last of Us".  Naughty Dog has done it again.  :hefdaddy

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #268 on: June 14, 2013, 10:25:24 PM »
I haven't seen or heard a single mention of the PS4 supporting 3D games and movies. Did Sony abandon it?! I sure fucking hope not seeing as I just spent a grand on a 55" 3D.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #269 on: June 14, 2013, 10:29:29 PM »
I haven't seen or heard a single mention of the PS4 supporting 3D games and movies. Did Sony abandon it?! I sure fucking hope not seeing as I just spent a grand on a 55" 3D.

Is it wrong if I consider the whole 3D thing a bit of a gimmick?
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #270 on: June 14, 2013, 10:38:19 PM »
I'm holding out for 4D, personally. It's gonna make all this 3D crap totally obsolete.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #271 on: June 14, 2013, 10:51:52 PM »

Is it wrong if I consider the whole 3D thing a bit of a gimmick?

To each his own, but Killzone 3, Motor Storm Apocalypse, Call of Duty, and Gran Turismo are all greatly enhanced and more enjoyable in 3D. Let us not forget Avatar on 3D Bluray.

Surround sound was considered a gimmick at one time.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #272 on: June 15, 2013, 03:25:19 AM »
I have absolutely no desire for 3D, and I do find it very gimmicky. Every single film that I've seen in 3D that I've also seen in 2D looked better in 2D. More colourful, more detailed, more vibrant.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #273 on: June 15, 2013, 05:12:23 AM »
I have absolutely no desire for 3D, and I do find it very gimmicky. Every single film that I've seen in 3D that I've also seen in 2D looked better in 2D. More colourful, more detailed, more vibrant.

I agree with this for the majority of 3D movies, but i blame the directors, not the technoogy. I argue that that's because directors just have some post production company whip up some gimmicky 3D stuff once the movie is already made. Movies like Avatar, How to Train Your Dragon (exception), Hugo, and Life of Pi, that were filmed from the very first frame with 3D in mind  and are mostly filmed with 3D cameras, come out awesome.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #274 on: June 15, 2013, 05:23:23 AM »
For what it's worth, ESPN is dropping 3D support.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #275 on: June 15, 2013, 07:31:21 AM »
For what it's worth, ESPN is dropping 3D support.

As they should. Their production of it sucks. The technology is not good at creating live 3D entertainment just yet.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #276 on: June 15, 2013, 07:41:24 AM »
Chino, I found Avatar much more appealing in 2D, the colours are so much more vibrant and Pandora looks so much more beautiful. The 3D added absolutely nothing for me. And I haven't played any 3D games, but as I just don't like watching things in 3D, I don't think I want it anyway.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #277 on: June 15, 2013, 09:33:39 AM »
Chino, I found Avatar much more appealing in 2D, the colours are so much more vibrant and Pandora looks so much more beautiful. The 3D added absolutely nothing for me. And I haven't played any 3D games, but as I just don't like watching things in 3D, I don't think I want it anyway.

However, the 3DS works amazingly, and you can turn off the 3D if you don't want it.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #278 on: June 15, 2013, 10:15:20 AM »
I tried a 3DS in the shops, and hated it. They even issued advice saying don't use the 3D for too long in one go. :lol

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #279 on: June 21, 2013, 09:41:22 PM »

:metal :metal