Author Topic: The Official Playstation 4 Thread.  (Read 25835 times)

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
Re: The Official Playstation 4 Thread.
« Reply #210 on: June 10, 2013, 10:03:27 PM »
I believe the Wii U can't run the FFXV graphics shown.
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
« Reply #211 on: June 10, 2013, 10:07:59 PM »
I believe the Wii U can't run the FFXV graphics shown.

I was actually thinking more about KH3 there. I could possibly see a FFXV port for the XBox Done, but KH3? That's definitely either going to be a PS4 exclusive or released on just PS4 and Wii-U.
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline Aythesryche

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #212 on: June 10, 2013, 10:11:54 PM »
I own a 360, but I'm thinking of switching. I have a question, though.

The ps3 still plays many (most?) Ps1 games...will the ps4 as well?

If it doesn't, you could just always go out and spend ten bucks to buy a ps1 if you're feeling retro. Personally, I couldn't care less if the ps4 is backwards compatible with PS 1-3 disks.

From the keynote, I think it was mentioned that you'll have access to a ton of old classic PS games on the PS4. Now, whether that means downloadable through their online store exclusively, I have no idea. Would be cool if you didn't have to repurchase your games.

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #213 on: June 10, 2013, 10:17:45 PM »
PS4 has a 500GB hdd too. Comes without camera and wireless controller, both of which cost 60$.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #214 on: June 10, 2013, 10:27:20 PM »
Comes without wireless controller
That cannot be right!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #215 on: June 10, 2013, 10:29:49 PM »
Well, maybe they mean a second one? I don't know. https://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/130611a_e.pdf

Offline Aythesryche

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #216 on: June 10, 2013, 10:37:03 PM »
Well, maybe they mean a second one? I don't know. https://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/130611a_e.pdf

It comes with 1 controller.

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #217 on: June 10, 2013, 10:41:35 PM »
Yeah I don't think any game system ever has not come with a controller that wouldn't make any sense.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #218 on: June 11, 2013, 01:54:58 AM »
That was brutal!! :lol I wonder what Sony changed after seeing the XBox reveal a couple of weeks ago because they attacked every thing Microsoft failed on!

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #219 on: June 11, 2013, 03:51:54 AM »
That was brutal!! :lol I wonder what Sony changed after seeing the XBox reveal a couple of weeks ago because they attacked every thing Microsoft failed on!

At least those 3 or 4 slides dedicated to used games.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #220 on: June 11, 2013, 04:09:08 AM »
You know microsoft fucked up badly when all sony has to do is announce features that have been on every single video game console of all time and the crowd begins chanting and cheering wildly.

• DTF.org Member
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #222 on: June 11, 2013, 05:48:34 AM »
You know microsoft fucked up badly when all sony has to do is announce features that have been on every single video game console of all time and the crowd begins chanting and cheering wildly.

No shit!

lol.  wow... I don't follow crap about Microsoft, but if that's the the schtick with xbox, boy am I glad I made the decision to go with PS a few years ago over xbox.  I'm not much of an online gamer, and buy most of my games used about 12 months after initial release (I still have yet to start Dishonored which I bought on Boxing Day). 

Might be needing me a PS4.  If only it were backward compatible, so I didn't need to hookup two systems to my one TV in the man-cave.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #223 on: June 11, 2013, 08:43:08 AM »
Yet another KO blow to the Xbox One, PS4 is region free! So people from places where it would cost a lot, like New Zealand or Australia, can just buy from a much cheaper place and pay the shipping! This obviously also applies to games. And the 500Gb HDD is upgradable!

I wonder what SATA speed it uses or would it be capable to change it to an SSD.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #224 on: June 11, 2013, 09:03:45 AM »
Mother of God

Offline sueño

• How Dare I Be So Beautiful?
« Reply #225 on: June 11, 2013, 09:30:25 AM »
Come visit the States, find one with no sales tax and make out like a bandit!   :yarr
"We spend most of our lives convinced we’re the protagonist of the story, but we rarely realize that we’re just supporting characters in everybody else’s story. Nobody thinks about you as much as you do."

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #226 on: June 11, 2013, 09:31:41 AM »
Or just buy it on Amazon, pay like $50 for the shipping and it's still cheaper than in New Zealan/Australia and the Xbox One.

Offline sueño

« Reply #227 on: June 11, 2013, 09:32:35 AM »
tru dat...
"We spend most of our lives convinced we’re the protagonist of the story, but we rarely realize that we’re just supporting characters in everybody else’s story. Nobody thinks about you as much as you do."

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #228 on: June 11, 2013, 09:56:10 AM »
I heard a rumor that the streaming service they're integrating with would be capable of streaming every PS1/PS2/PS3 game that is currently on the Playstation Store. Even better, I heard that all of those games would be FREE for PS Plus subscribers. No source, since I heard it from a friend of mine at work, but that seems like awfully wishful thinking.

That would make PS Plus the most cost effective subscription in the history of the world, considering PS1/PS2 games retail for about $9.99 on the store, and PS3 games can be up to $60.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #229 on: June 11, 2013, 10:15:21 AM »
At first i had/have no intention of buying a new console, i'm really happy gaming on my PC and that will still be my main platform no matter what but as a complement and also to be able to play PS4 exclusives i must say....PS4 is starting to sound really promising! I will see when the launch approaches though if it's still affordable.

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #230 on: June 11, 2013, 10:20:02 AM »
PS Plus will be the best thing a person could ever spend $5 on if that ends up being true. Sony really is throwing more dirt on that nice grave Microsoft dug for themselves.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #231 on: June 11, 2013, 10:49:56 AM »
PC gamer here and I'm not likely to buy a console anytime soon but damn did the Xbox take a beating.

I'm a big fan of the consumers saying FU to the corporate machine when they try screwing you over and it makes me wonder if the ps4 was thinking of doing away with used games but when Xbox says they are going all DRM, the ps4 just capitalized on the massive complaints and now they look like a hero.  :tup

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #232 on: June 11, 2013, 10:53:58 AM »
With how bad, financially, Square Enix is doing I don't think FFXV will stay exclusive for long.
FFXV was never announced as exclusive to begin with, nor is it. Both it and KH3 were announced to the XOne. Sure, Versus was supposed to be a PS3 exclusive, but with the name and platform change that no longer mattered.

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #233 on: June 11, 2013, 11:00:20 AM »
With how bad, financially, Square Enix is doing I don't think FFXV will stay exclusive for long.
FFXV was never announced as exclusive to begin with, nor is it. Both it and KH3 were announced to the XOne. Sure, Versus was supposed to be a PS3 exclusive, but with the name and platform change that no longer mattered.
Actually during Sony's press conference last night they said FFXV would be exclusively on the PS4. Now whether they misspoke or Square Enix changed their mind I don't know.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #234 on: June 11, 2013, 11:10:05 AM »
Are you sure you didn't just mistake them saying FFXIV was PS exclusive for meaning all three of FFXIV, FFXV, and KH3 were?

@PlayStation (7:18 PM - 10 Jun 13) Both Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III are coming to PS4! And FFXIV is coming exclusively to PS3 and PS4!

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #235 on: June 11, 2013, 12:08:52 PM »
Sony produced a video on how to share PS4 games...

https://youtu.be/kWSIFh8ICaA

Ouch. :lol

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #236 on: June 11, 2013, 01:03:04 PM »
Looks like I'll just be watching LP's of KH3.

I'm not getting the PS4 for KH3 and FFXV. I don't feel like spending the money. My model of PS3 was not compatible with any PS2 games, so I still have a PS2 along with my PS3 (which by the way I only have 3 games for: Skyrim, FFXIII, and Portal 2).

Unless I don't have to buy a specific model compatible with PS3 AND PS2, I'm most likely not getting it.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #237 on: June 11, 2013, 06:49:25 PM »
Sony produced a video on how to share PS4 games...

https://youtu.be/kWSIFh8ICaA

Ouch. :lol

Haha damn.

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #238 on: June 11, 2013, 07:24:10 PM »
Great video showing some new UI features for PS4.  Super cheesy, but hey, Sarah's hot! Oh, and now I'm more pumped!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OegYm1dM9g

Offline jammindude

« Reply #239 on: June 11, 2013, 07:47:28 PM »
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #240 on: June 11, 2013, 08:08:27 PM »
^^^ Wow,

Perhaps someone will do one with the curb stop from American History X

Offline sueño

« Reply #241 on: June 11, 2013, 09:52:51 PM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jzmVcasl3ZU

Just...wow...  there's your answer!

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #242 on: June 11, 2013, 10:06:23 PM »
This video contains content from Viacom, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.

Better than I even imagined :omg:
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline sueño

« Reply #243 on: June 11, 2013, 10:12:26 PM »
 :rollin   what, really???

It is on Reddit.  Basically, Microsoft said if you don't have internet,  stick with 360.

Offline sueño