Author Topic: New Joe Satriani album  (Read 1861 times)

Offline rude boy

Re: New Joe Satriani album
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2013, 06:41:29 AM »
the title track (especially the outro) and lies ann truths (especially the ''chorus'') are freakin' awesome!

imo this is his second best in new millenium (with strange beautiful music still being the best).

and a lot of credit for that goes to the change of line up, most notably the addition of Vinnie Colaiuta. His drumming lifts the overall sound on a whole new level

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2013, 06:48:53 AM »
I have this but still haven't listened to it.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2013, 07:23:50 AM »
I have to say I find the mastering of this album rather unlistenable, way too loud and it even audibly clips sometimes.
Saw Satch live last week with Minnemann on drums, and with Keneally expanding his role with guitars as well.

The gig was great, but I really have to say the new material came off less inspired, sandwiched between his classics like Flying in a Blue Dream or Always With Me, Always With Me.

Strangely enough I have found a newfound appreciation for Super Colossal recently. When it came out I thought it was very disappointing, but some of his best songs are on there, with a production quality that rivals Strange Beautiful Music.
Not 'Down To F***', but 'Dream Theater Forums' .