General > Movies and TV

Time Travel in TV Shows / Movies?

(1/8) > >>

gmillerdrake:
I'm just curious whether or not it's possible for a TV show or Movie to successfully pull off a 'Time Travel' storyline? It seems to me anytime time travel is implemented in the plot there is always some sort of complication due to using it. I suspect it's easier to pull off in a movie...I haven't watched many 'time travel' themed movies, but it seems to me that when TV shows in particular start to use time travel as a part of thier storyline it all goes haywire and becomes hard to maintain.
  Is there a way to pull off the time travel theme without creating all of these time loopholes and paradox type situations? I know there are a lot of DTF'rs here that have either seen a movie or two that pulled it off or have studied up on the subject....any opinions?

HarlequinForest:
There's a certain very popular TV show that recently ended after a six season run... but I feel like I would be spoiling it just by mentioning that it has time travel. 

gmillerdrake:

--- Quote from: HarlequinForest on February 12, 2013, 08:46:55 PM ---There's a certain very popular TV show that recently ended after a six season run... but I feel like I would be spoiling it just by mentioning that it has time travel.

--- End quote ---
Is it on air at the moment or has the series ended? You talking the one with Jack and Kate and Locke and Hurley and Sawyer, because that's one of the ones that for me once they added time travel it started to get hard to maintain.

rumborak:
Interestingly, I'm watching BTTF as I'm writing this.

HarlequinForest:

--- Quote from: gmillerdrake on February 12, 2013, 08:49:41 PM ---
--- Quote from: HarlequinForest on February 12, 2013, 08:46:55 PM ---There's a certain very popular TV show that recently ended after a six season run... but I feel like I would be spoiling it just by mentioning that it has time travel.

--- End quote ---
Is it on air at the moment or has the series ended? You talking the one with Jack and Kate and Locke and Hurley and Sawyer, because that's one of the ones that for me once they added time travel it started to get hard to maintain.

--- End quote ---

Yep.  I thought season 4 was one of the best seasons of TV ever. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version