Author Topic: Spotify  (Read 8904 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: Spotify
« Reply #210 on: February 15, 2022, 09:13:58 AM »
Well, I'm definitely not going back. As I said earlier, I'm generally not a supporter of boycotts of any kind, but I wasn't aware how much the market had changed. There are other services that are just as good, if not better, than Spotify now.  I've settled on Tidal, which not only sounds a good bit better, but the app works a lot better too. A few friends on Apple Music also don't appear to ever be going back. There's no reason to keep sticking with the same company if there's better options out there.

We are also switching (family account), Spotify is more expensive and of worse quality than than competitors. While I enjoy the interface and browsing on Spotify, ultimately I only care about the music.

Tidal is very similar. Actually, it reminds me of Spotify before so much of the app became dedicated to podcasts. I don't care much about podcasts (and have always found Spotify's podcast section on Andriod at least to be very buggy), so I'm happy to just continue listening to podcasts on Castbox and keeping Tidal for music. Tidal also gives you your monthly stats, which is really cool, much better than the one thing Spotify kinda give you at the end of the year.
How is the music library on Tidal compared to Spotify?

Does Tidal carry podcasts at all?  I kind of like having them together with my music on Spotify.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Skeever

« Reply #211 on: February 15, 2022, 09:27:08 AM »
Well, I'm definitely not going back. As I said earlier, I'm generally not a supporter of boycotts of any kind, but I wasn't aware how much the market had changed. There are other services that are just as good, if not better, than Spotify now.  I've settled on Tidal, which not only sounds a good bit better, but the app works a lot better too. A few friends on Apple Music also don't appear to ever be going back. There's no reason to keep sticking with the same company if there's better options out there.

We are also switching (family account), Spotify is more expensive and of worse quality than than competitors. While I enjoy the interface and browsing on Spotify, ultimately I only care about the music.

Tidal is very similar. Actually, it reminds me of Spotify before so much of the app became dedicated to podcasts. I don't care much about podcasts (and have always found Spotify's podcast section on Andriod at least to be very buggy), so I'm happy to just continue listening to podcasts on Castbox and keeping Tidal for music. Tidal also gives you your monthly stats, which is really cool, much better than the one thing Spotify kinda give you at the end of the year.
How is the music library on Tidal compared to Spotify?

Does Tidal carry podcasts at all?  I kind of like having them together with my music on Spotify.

Tidal do not have podcasts. But I'm not much of a podcast listener personally. In terms of music quality I'd say the sound is definitely better, and the library is equivalent - I've noticed no difference in availability of stuff I like, but my wife has mentioned a few musical recordings she likes that she couldn't find.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #212 on: February 15, 2022, 10:01:03 AM »
Aaaaaaand Neil Young is back on Spotify.
But but but but he said Spotify could only have him OR Joe - NOT both! Did Joe leave?!?!    ::)
:loser:

So did the rest of the bonehead artists that followed suit like Joni and CSN all get back on Spotify, too?
lol Joni Mitchell's also back don't know who CSN is.
So it was probably more of a PR stunt than anything. Way to raise your profile - claiming it to be all about the principles.  :\

Never was into any of their music, but any respect I had for each of them is gone now...
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #213 on: February 15, 2022, 02:59:39 PM »
I've never had Spotify so I cannot check for myself but is it for sure that Neil Young is "back on Spotify"??

Daryl Hannah tweeted 3 hours ago:

look up the difference between bootlegs -compilations -covers
&
an artists own albums
All his Albums are off
Spotify

And:

Nice try but
You’re wrong
&
Just adding to the hate & disinformation
Those are compilations covers or bootlegs
All his albums are still off Spotify
&
NY has always supported free speech
☮️
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #214 on: February 15, 2022, 03:32:01 PM »
He's not on. Only on from people making playlists or on an Lnum live Live Aid.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #215 on: February 15, 2022, 03:52:09 PM »
He's not on. Only on from people making playlists or on an Lnum live Live Aid.

I saw and it's just his Singles from compilations that are on, so it still allows people to search for these artists. The search also includes about info, tour dates, and for Neil Young has an officially licensed band merch T-shirt.

No albums of his are on Spotify.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #216 on: February 15, 2022, 03:52:26 PM »
They are not back. Just some songs from complilations/soundtracks and a couple of albums of some of the artists mentioned, presumably due to licensing/label stuff.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #217 on: February 15, 2022, 03:56:34 PM »
What on earth would we ever do without Darryl Hannah?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline NoseofNicko

« Reply #218 on: February 15, 2022, 04:03:23 PM »

She’s his wife.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #219 on: February 15, 2022, 04:07:48 PM »

She’s his wife.

Oh..  :blush

I meant..what on earth would he ever do without Darryl Hannah?  :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol