Author Topic: An Alphabetic List Of Crazyaga's Fav 40 Albums - done. honorable mentions.  (Read 23786 times)

Offline Tyrias

I've had that Helios album on my Ipod for almost a year now, but I never seem to be in the mood to listen to it. Still, the few songs I have listened to were really beautiful and relaxing!

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Pink Floyd - Animals - 1977

Well, I assume almost all of you heard this album lol.
I truly love Pink Floyd, and I think this is one of their very best albums.  Pink Floyd are the best band of the 70's for me :3
This album has 3 epic songs: Dogs, Pigs and Sheep, and each one of them is simply stellar. though Sheep is my fav song here :p
Its an absolute classic really, and its statement about society is relevant even today,even after over 30 years.

That cover is sooooo orgasmic.  :corn

I remember riding by the battersea station for the first when I thought "Holy shit it's the building from Animals!"

Offline Ruba

Maudlin Of The Well,Kayo Dot,Pink Floyd. Amazing shit.

Don't care about Alice In Chains. Flame wall.

You don't have to like all of AIC, but Would? has to be close to the definitive song of the grunge era, and it just plain kicks ass.

Love that song.

Offline Octavaripolis

• DTF's Teenage Weakling

I truly love Pink Floyd, and I think this is one of their very best albums.  Pink Floyd are the best band of the 70's for me :3
This album has 3 epic songs: Dogs, Pigs and Sheep, and each one of them is simply stellar. though Sheep is my fav song here :p
Its an absolute classic really, and its statement about society is relevant even today,even after over 30 years.

I remember riding by the battersea station for the first when I thought "Holy shit it's the building from Animals!"

that makes jealous like fuqqqqq  :blush
Don't mess with Take The Time.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop

that makes jealous like fuqqqqq  :blush

Not that difficult. Just go to London by train from mainland Europe and you will see it to your left when you near the city center. That said, I've seen the building many times.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline crazyaga

• Frantic Foxy
If youll manage to guess the next album in 5 guesses, I'll add 4 albums tomorrow. if not, only 2 :3
I love beautiful things.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Re: An Alphabetic List Of Crazyaga's Fav 40 Albums - Guess the next album!
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2013, 02:45:09 PM »
dredg - El Cielo
Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet
Yes - Fragile
Oceansize - Frames
Mew - Frengers
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Offline crazyaga

• Frantic Foxy
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2013, 02:51:14 PM »
All of them are wrong :3 sry guys, only 2 albums tommorow Xd
I love beautiful things.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2013, 02:51:52 PM »
If the letter is "E", I would guess on these:

Alcest - Ecailles de Lune
Russian Circles - Enter

(i'm not even sure if you know/like all of those, but just some guesses)

Offline crazyaga

• Frantic Foxy
Both of them are wrong :P
And ik all of them except that Mew and Alcest albums, though I heard about Alcest few times.
I love beautiful things.

Offline crazyaga

• Frantic Foxy
Dj Shadow - Endtroducing..... - 1996

This album is an instrumental hip-hop album, and its the best hip-hop related album I EVER heard. its an absolute classic.
This album never gets old, and it allways will throw you into its unique surreal world. The only weaker parts of the album is The Number Song imo, and maybe the first minute. anything else from that album is a masterpiece.
The way this album was made is quite interesting - its completely made from samples, and the amazing thing about it that everything fits perfectly like it was always a part of that song. and not only the songs flows perfectly, the whole album flows perfectly.
This album is goddamn incredible, if you havent heard it I highly recommend it.

And, because you havent guessed it right, there will be only 2 albums tomorrow  ;)
I love beautiful things.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Of course  :facepalm:

Great album! :)
Squ

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
Dj Shadow - Endtroducing..... - 1996

This album is an instrumental hip-hop album, and its the best hip-hop related album I EVER heard. its an absolute classic.
This album never gets old, and it allways will throw you into its unique surreal world. The only weaker parts of the album is The Number Song imo, and maybe the first minute. anything else from that album is a masterpiece.
The way this album was made is quite interesting - its completely made from samples, and the amazing thing about it that everything fits perfectly like it was always a part of that song. and not only the songs flows perfectly, the whole album flows perfectly.
This album is goddamn incredible, if you havent heard it I highly recommend it.

And, because you havent guessed it right, there will be only 2 albums tomorrow  ;)

I heard that album for the first time just last week and it's awesome! I was going through all of Volk's albums on his top 50 and checked this album out, loved it.

Offline senecadawg2

Just checking in for the first time in a while. Choirs of the Eye is awesome. Also, I've got to thank you for introducing me to A Winged Victory for the Sullen.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline crazyaga

• Frantic Foxy
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - F♯ A♯ ∞ - 1998

I dont see this album in mant lists, I dunno why, since its a masterpiece. I think I slightly prefer this over Lift Your Skinny Fists.
This album is "the soundtrack to the end of time" - it has a unique atmosphere, and you can really feel the emptyness of the end of time.
Its amazing how Godspeed can use an ordinary sound like the sound of a train, and use it to help create the atmosphere of this album.
This album has 3 epics: Dead Flag Blues, East Hastings and Providence, and each one of them is awesome. It really was a masterpiece out of nowhere.
And btw, I also really love this album cover, its fit the mood of the album perfectly  :D
I love beautiful things.

Offline crazyaga

• Frantic Foxy
OMG why this album doesnt get any comments? :<
I love beautiful things.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
Awesome album, probably my favourite by GY!BE. My favourite is The Dead Flag Blues, but they are all pretty cool.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Man-Erg

One of my favorite albums ever. I actually put it on accidentally (wanted to put on something else, don't remember exactly what) and heard the opening: "The car is on fire, and there's no driver at the wheel.." It sucked me right in, I was amazed and I couldn't stop playing it for a week or so. Now, as with all my favorite albums, I play it very rarely. But still, one of the best things in music.

Offline crazyaga

• Frantic Foxy
Boards Of Canada - Geoggadi - 2002

Boards Of Canada are one of my fav bands, and this is very possibly my fav album by them.
Geogaddi is flooded with hidden messages, and alot of satanic stuff - like the fact the album lasts 66 minutes and 6 seconds.
It has alot of really short 1 minute songs, but none of them seems like a filler. they all contribute to the perfect flow of this album and to its unique feel.
Though this album can be described as "evil" and "dark" , I think its also really beautiful.
Its in-your-face kind of genious.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 08:51:57 AM by crazyaga »
I love beautiful things.

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
Awesome Godspeed album. Never heard of Boards Of Canada.

Offline crazyaga

• Frantic Foxy
Never heard of Boards Of Canada.
Well, if you never heard about Boards Of Canada you never heard about IDM ;p
IDM stands for "intellectual dance music" , though its not danceable at all lol.  I dont know much IDM, but I do know Boards Of Canada are one of the top groups of that genre.
I love beautiful things.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
F#A# Infinity is brilliant. Probably tied for LYSF for my favorite GYBE album. I might prefer LYSF by a tiny margin, but F#A# is a perfect and flawless album.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
Only have one Boards Of Canada and this album is not it, I see it rated highly tho so I'll have to check it out.

Offline adace

Campfire Headphase is my favorite from BoC, but Geogaddi is great too.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
F#A#Inf. is one of the best sonic creations ever. Ridiculously good album.
Squ

Offline crazyaga

• Frantic Foxy
Devin Townsend - Ghost - 2011

Devin Townsend is usually a metal guy, but here instead of making metal, he makes a GORGEOUS new age album and I love him for doing that.
This album has ALOT of flute and ALOT of ambient synths, which both contribute the the calm, peacefull atmosphere of it.
Fly, Feather, Ghost, Blackberry and As You Were are all highlights of this album. This album doesnt have any weak points, its just pure bliss really.
This album is the best DTP!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 05:23:20 AM by crazyaga »
I love beautiful things.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
Huh. I'm actually just listening to this album. What are the odds?

Anyway, awesome disc. Feather and the title track are my favourites, but they are all good. I agree with you that this is the best that DTP has to offer, though Devin still has some better stuff (which I'm hoping to see here).

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
Slowly getting into DTP, I only have Addicted!. I'll check this album out tonight.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
It's very different from everything else that Devin has done, it's completely laid back, no traces of metal anywhere to be found. Still completely awesome, though.

Offline adace

Ghost was also in my top 50. Amazing album.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
I sleep to Ghost every night. So relaxing.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline crazyaga

• Frantic Foxy
Jeff Buckley - Grace - 1994

Grace is quite simply one of the most poetic and emotional albums ever recorded, and the voice of Jeff is simply godlike.
Grace is beautiful, heartbreaking and painfully honest. Not only that Jeff is one hell of a singer, he is also an incredibly talented composer....
It really bothers me that he died so randomly.... Jeff died by accidental drowning... and he managed to release only one album while he was alive, and its one of the best albums I ever heard.  I wish he was still alive to make more music, because this album is nothing less than a classic.
Something about this album just sounds legendary. Sometimes when I listen to it, I feel like it tries to tell me a story, some kind of an ancient legend that was never told.
I absolutely love this album.
I love beautiful things.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Got it in 94 after hearing Last Goodbye on a local radio station.  It's a gift from heaven.  His voice is so angelic.  I once read and interview in which he said, and I paraphrase, " You can play the electric guitar soft and the acoustic guitar heavy, and loud.  there is dimension in muic that is missing today and I want to bring that back into the forfront."

I couldn't agree any more.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline crazyaga

• Frantic Foxy
A gift from heaven indeed.
I love beautiful things.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
It's very different from everything else that Devin has done, it's completely laid back, no traces of metal anywhere to be found. Still completely awesome, though.

Can't wait to hear it, I'll check it out next!

Grace is such a killer album, I first checked it out from Rich's list and it's phenomenal.