Author Topic: An Alphabetic List Of Crazyaga's Fav 40 Albums - done. honorable mentions.  (Read 23793 times)

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Re: An Alphabetic List Of Crazyaga's Fav 40 Albums - Guess the next album!
« Reply #175 on: February 27, 2013, 05:15:33 PM »
Devin Townsend - Ocean Machine: Biomech
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline crazyaga

• Frantic Foxy
Re: An Alphabetic List Of Crazyaga's Fav 40 Albums - Guess the next album!
« Reply #176 on: February 27, 2013, 05:30:22 PM »
Answer is correct :O your getting 5 albums tommorow! :D

Devin Townsend - Ocean Machine - 1997

Its hard to decide which one of Devin's album is the best one, but if I had to choose - I would choose this one. It also used to be my all time favorite album not too long ago, but as I discovered more music, it became much harder to decide which albums are better than others, so atm I wouldnt call any album my absolute all-time favorite.
This album is metal combined with ambinet, and its creating a very unique and beautiful atmosphere.
The highlight of this album is its cornerstone: Funeral, Bastard and The Death Of Music. quite simply one of greatest 3 song runs EVER.
Any prog metal fans must hear this thing, so if you havent heard it HEAR IT NOW :O
I love beautiful things.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
I'm glad you guessed it Elite! :P That was the third guess I had in mind, and when crazyaga told me it would have been right.. oh well, cool that you guessed it too. :)

Ocean Machine is pretty awesome. I've never FULLY gotten into Devin, though he has many great albums. Ocean Machine and Terria are his two best albums IMO, so a great pick.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
I could remember him saying Ocean Machine was one of his favourite albums, back when aga still had the whole Devin discography in his signature, so I figured that should be it :)
Squ

Offline crazyaga

• Frantic Foxy
Today is tomorrow so expect getting 5 albums :3

Radiohead - OK computer - 1997

This album BARELY made it into my list really, but its still an awesome album ;3
I assume most of you are allready familiar with this album, since its one of the most hyped albums ever, but I think its hyped for a reason: its awesome.
While I prefer Kid A or Amnesiac, this album is still incredible and it doesbt have any weak songs in it.
My fav song in this album is probably The Tourist, a perfect and majestic way to close an album.
I love beautiful things.

Offline masterthes

On the Massive Attack album, I remember being in shock that the theme from House had actual words to it  :lol

Offline crazyaga

• Frantic Foxy
*shels - Plains of the Purple Buffalo - 2011

One of my more recent discoverys. I absolutely love this album - its so dreamy and beautiful.
Whan I hear this album I think about a child being in a coma, and he lives in his own imaginary world - the plains of the purple buffalo.
One of the most unique things about this album, is that it uses metal and growls, and yet it allways sound so gentle, even in the most "metal" moments of it.
One of the best post-rock albums of the recent years
I love beautiful things.

Offline crazyaga

• Frantic Foxy
The Who - Quadrophenia - 1973

I usually dont listen to that type of music that much, but this album is something diffrent. This album must be one of the most incredible concept albums of all time.
Dealing with things like depression, this album is emotional and raw as it can get. every moment of it is pure gold.
Everything about this album is top-notch, it all feels like a one big piece of music while every song have enough personality to make it stand out.
I would also like to mention that "Love, Reign o'er Me" is goddamn incredible and a perfect way to end an album.
I love beautiful things.

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
Re: An Alphabetic List Of Crazyaga's Fav 40 Albums (at this very moment). P and Q
« Reply #184 on: February 28, 2013, 11:38:01 AM »
Love the Radiohead. The Who ain't too shabby either.
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
Re: An Alphabetic List Of Crazyaga's Fav 40 Albums (at this very moment). P and Q
« Reply #185 on: February 28, 2013, 01:22:18 PM »
I've heard Plains of the Purple Buffalo once. Was quite a bit to take in so it didn't totally click. Will have to try again sometime.

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #186 on: February 28, 2013, 02:07:10 PM »
Radiohead.

Offline Pols Voice

• Did ya see the latest Nintendo newsletter?
« Reply #187 on: February 28, 2013, 03:09:13 PM »
Pfft, my OK Computer guess was so close. I love that album...every song is great (except Fitter Happier, but it's a good breather).
WHOA, NICE GRAPHICS!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #188 on: February 28, 2013, 03:38:16 PM »
I like Fitter Happier. It's a neat, odd interlude.

Offline Pols Voice

• Did ya see the latest Nintendo newsletter?
« Reply #189 on: February 28, 2013, 03:47:33 PM »
I knew somebody would say that. :P
WHOA, NICE GRAPHICS!

Offline crazyaga

• Frantic Foxy
« Reply #190 on: February 28, 2013, 04:01:15 PM »
King Crimson - Red - 1974

One of the best prog-rock albums from the 70's. This album is incredible.
It doesnt have ANY weak moments. (yap, providence is awesome), and Starless is one hell of a classic song.
And well.... yha. I dont have much to write about it lol.
I love beautiful things.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
Red is lovely. Discipline is better though.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

• DTF.org Member
Love Red. :)

Offline crazyaga

• Frantic Foxy
Red is lovely. Discipline is better though.
Discipline is awesome but I think Red is the better one
I love beautiful things.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Red is the fucking best. I love the whole thing.
Squ

Offline crazyaga

• Frantic Foxy
Swans - Soundtracks For The Blind - 1996

This album is the most terrifying and depressing album I ever heard. and with that, its also one of the very best albums I ever heard.
It has 26 songs and its over 2 hours long, and from those 26 songs,  there are only 4 songs that I dont really like. The rest of it is just... absolute masterpiece.
This album just throws you into a diffrent dimension, its letting you fall into the horrible pits of depression. and that feel, of falling into it so easily, is one of the things that makes this album so incredible. This album sounds so ancient and timeless, like it wasnt made by humans. Its beyond humanity. this album is just  :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy
Also, this is the album that contains a song called "Helpless Child".
Helpless Child is quite simply one of the best songs EVER Written. Its just unbeliveably incredible. Every single second of Helpless Child is absolute classic, and the second half of Helpless Child is one of the most unbeliveably epic build-ups ever recorded in the history of this universe (or any other universe, if there are more).
Listen to it yourself: (The first half minute is the end of the previous song. Helpless Child starts at 00:32) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NOc1Gnu18I

You'll never escape.

I love beautiful things.

• DTF.org Member
Love this album. :hefdaddy :hefdaddy

Offline Man-Erg

Finally someone appreciates Providence. A really, REALLY awesome track. I've been wanting to get into Swans for a month or so, and the write-up for Soundtracks really helps somehow. I'm eager to listen to Swans now.

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
Swans.  :heart

• DTF.org Member
Finally someone appreciates Providence. A really, REALLY awesome track.
I didn't like it at first, but now I think it's really cool. :tup

Offline crazyaga

• Frantic Foxy
Sigur Ros - Takk... - 2005

At my first listen, this album havent seemed so special to me. Only afterwards I realized what a retard I was. this album is one of the best things EVER.
Its so hopefull, so uplifting... its just soul-healing. whanever I feel sad, this album cures me, and im thankfull for that.
The album doesnt have ANY weak moments, but the highlights for me are Glosoli, Hoppipolla, Se Lest, Saeglopur and Svo Hljótt.
Something about this album makes it really close to my heart. I absolutely love it. pure elegance and beauty.
I love beautiful things.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
My second favorite SR-album, I love it.

Offline crazyaga

• Frantic Foxy
Devin Townsend - Terria - 2001

Well, its not a secret that im a fan of Devin Townsend, so anyone who knows me would know I would put this album in my list lol.
Its one of the best prog metal albums ever really. The only other album Devin Townsend made that rivals this album is Ocean Machine. both are amazing.
Terria is a very dynamic album. It moves from the loud, metal moments of Earthday to the serenity of Deep Peace in a heartbeat. From the metalness of The Fluke to a beautiful ambient transition that takes us to the heavenly song Nobody's Here.
This album is essential to any prog-metal fan.
I love beautiful things.

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
My fav Devin Townsend album. Earth Day is so good.

Offline adace

Awesome pick. :tup

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
My favourite Devin album and it would be in my Top 10 right now, though Earth Day is a little overrated. I mean, it's a great song, but not even one of the best on Terria, let alone Devin's best song ever.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
Sooooo... anything happening here?
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline crazyaga

• Frantic Foxy
yapyap.
I'll post another album today ~
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 01:38:25 AM by crazyaga »
I love beautiful things.