Author Topic: An Alphabetic List Of Crazyaga's Fav 40 Albums - done. honorable mentions.  (Read 23795 times)

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
Many wonderful albums. Several of which made my top 50! :tup

Offline crazyaga

• Frantic Foxy
Bark Psychosis - Hex - 1994

The first album to ever be called "post-rock", and also one of the very best. Hex is an atmospheric masterpiece.
The atmosphere of this album is so hard to describe, but I would describe it as not being fully conscious, and maybe something alien-like.
From The Loom to Pendulum Man, every single song in this album is an incredible gem, making this one of my very favorite albums.
Every song has enough personality to make it standout, and every song is essential to complete the album. Its really astonishing how incredible this albums is.
Highly recommended for any post-rock fans.
I love beautiful things.

• DTF.org Member
 :hefdaddy

Offline crazyaga

• Frantic Foxy
The Antlers - Hospice - 2009

"Hundreds of thousands of hospital beds, And all of them empty but mine"
Hospice is a concept album about a man and his lover in a hospice, and his girl has a bone cancer and she is going to die.
This album is very heartbreaking, But as heartbreaking as it is, its also beautiful, and quiet amazing.
The compositions here are incredible, and the lyrics are top-notch - this album actually made me cry few times.
I also reallly love the voice of the singer, it sounds so... mournful and honest.
It really doesnt have any weak points, and its easily one of the best indie rock albums ever.
I love beautiful things.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
I like Hospice, but I have never fully gotten into it. A solid album, but I think there are better Indie albums, like In an Aeroplane Over the Sea.

Bark Psychosis!  :tup

Offline crazyaga

• Frantic Foxy
I like Hospice, but I have never fully gotten into it. A solid album, but I think there are better Indie albums, like In an Aeroplane Over the Sea.

I think "In an Aeroplane Over the Sea" is really overrated. I prefer Hospice over it by much.

And yap Hex is awesome ;3
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 08:41:58 AM by crazyaga »
I love beautiful things.

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream

I think "In an Aeroplane Over the Sea" is really overrated. I prefer Hospice over it by much.
Both albums suffer from awful singer syndrome. The music beneath is good as are the lyrics but getting over those vocals took a while for me.

Offline crazyaga

• Frantic Foxy
I disagree hugely. The singer of Hospice is awesome, and the singer of Aeroplane is not bad either.
I love beautiful things.

Offline senecadawg2

I've enjoyed your list greatly!

About to check out Hospice.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline adace

I've only heard Burst Apart and it was great. I'll have to check out Hospice sometime.

Offline crazyaga

• Frantic Foxy
Frank Zappa - Hot Rats - 1969

The only album from the 60's in my list, Hot Rats is a jazz fusion classic.
It just sounds epic, really. from the groovy moments of "Willie The Pimp" to the epic parts of "Son Of Mr. Green Genes", this album is simply exceptional.
The guitar playing of Zappa here is top-notch, and he never goes into the pitfall of "technical masturbation" like alot of other guitar players do.
This album is a must to anyone who likes fusion.
I love beautiful things.

Offline Pols Voice

• Did ya see the latest Nintendo newsletter?
I love Peaches en Regalia. Makes me think of an RPG castle theme, but way jazzier and goofier.
WHOA, NICE GRAPHICS!

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
As much as I like Hospice, I like Burst Apart more

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
 :heart

Offline crazyaga

• Frantic Foxy
As much as I like Hospice, I like Burst Apart more
I still havent checked other albums by them lol.
I love beautiful things.

Offline ColdFireYYZ

Hot Rats is awesome.  :tup

Offline crazyaga

• Frantic Foxy
Radiohead - Kid A - 2000

I guess this album was quite shocking whan it was released. I dont think anyone expected Radiohead to become an electronica band...
And not only that they became an electronica band, they made one of the best electronica albums of all time.
Kid A is Radiohead's best album imo,  its truly a classic that will never be forgotten. It has a unique , surreal atmosphere , that never fails to amaze me.
Kid A is almost completely flawless, and the high points of it are as high as it can get. If you havent heard this album, you should check it out now.
I love beautiful things.

Offline Pols Voice

Kid A was my first Radiohead album, after I saw them on SNL in 2000 playing National Anthem and Idioteque. I was perplexed and intrigued by their unorthodox music and stage presence. I respect that the band really pushed the boundaries with this album, but I prefer a few of their other albums over it. What can I say...I like guitar. How to Disappear Completely is one of their best songs, though.
WHOA, NICE GRAPHICS!

Offline adace

One of the best albums of all time.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
I could never get into Kid A, I try every year or so and it never clicks with me, neither does Radiohead.

• DTF.org Member
This is the album I forgot to put in my top 50. I kick myself for it ever since. It's an astounding album.

Offline senecadawg2

I could never get into Kid A

Now, In Rainbows on the other hand... THAT is a stellar album!
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
Kid A is amazing. Personally Hail to the Thief is my favorite, but Kid A has some killer tracks. I'd have to say the National Anthem is my favorite from that record. Great pick! :tup
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
Kid A is amazing.

Offline countoftuscany42

personally i dont get the appeal of radiohead, but i wasnt raised on their style of music so maybe its that..

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
I don't think that should matter, I was mostly raised with 70's music but that hasn't stopped me from discovering/appreciating newer music. :P

Offline Pols Voice

Personally Hail to the Thief is my favorite

Nice. I like that album a lot and think it gets too much flak. It's my third favorite, behind OK Computer and The Bends.
WHOA, NICE GRAPHICS!

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
Personally Hail to the Thief is my favorite

Nice. I like that album a lot and think it gets too much flak. It's my third favorite, behind OK Computer and The Bends.

People are always shocked when I say that it's my favorite. 2+2=5 is an absolute JAM.
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline crazyaga

• Frantic Foxy
Most people do their honorable mentions at the start of the list or at the and of the list...
But im going to do it right in the middle of it!!! (yap, we are exactly at the middle of the list)

Stars Of The Lid - And Their Refinement Of The Decline -
This album could of enter my top 40 list... I just discovered it too late. Its calm, relexing, sleepy, and incredible. An ambient masterpiece.

Stars Of The Lid - The Tired Sounds Of -
Could of enter my top 40 list too.... but again, I discovered this band too late to let them enter. This album indeed sounds "tired", and its atmosphere is pretty much flawless.

Hungry Ghosts - Alone, Alone -
For those of you who wanted some obscure post-rock, here it is! Only few people know about this album, and its one of the best post-rock albums there are. It doesnt fall into any of the pitfalls alot of post-rock bands fall into - its creative , unique, atmospheric and melodic.

Sleepytime Gorilla Museum - Of Natural History -
This album is pretty close to enter my list, but it just misses it because there are very few weaker tracks in it. This album owns though - its an odd, avant-garde metal album with a pretty scary atmosphere, and its awesome. I really like the vocals here as well - the singer has a pretty unique voice.

Pink Floyd - The Wall -
This album is very possibly what got me into being a music fan. Its really one of the first albums I ever heard, and its still one of my favs. Simply a classic.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 06:19:37 PM by crazyaga »
I love beautiful things.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: An Alphabetic List Of Crazyaga's Fav 40 Albums - midway honorable mentions
« Reply #134 on: February 19, 2013, 06:57:59 PM »
I posted this in the Stars Of The Lid thread but I checked out And Their Refinement Of The Decline and it's really good, like really really good.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #135 on: February 19, 2013, 06:58:45 PM »
Of Natural History :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy

Offline crazyaga

• Frantic Foxy
« Reply #136 on: February 19, 2013, 11:04:12 PM »
Btw, its my 18th birthday today :3
I love beautiful things.

Offline Ruba

« Reply #137 on: February 20, 2013, 01:02:22 AM »
Well, happy birthday! Are you legal now?

Offline adace

« Reply #138 on: February 20, 2013, 01:48:43 AM »
Happy birthday! Loving your list so far. :tup

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #139 on: February 20, 2013, 02:23:27 AM »
Happy birthday! ;)