Author Topic: The BRUCE DICKINSON Discography v. Goodbye, Bruce  (Read 49762 times)

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
Re: The Iron Maiden Discography v. Feed it With Our Babies
« Reply #245 on: February 13, 2013, 11:14:58 AM »
Haven't managed to pick it up yet, but I'll try to listen to the individual songs and chime in in a bit.  On impulse, I swung by the Best Buy at my exit on my way home last night to see what they had.  No Powerslave, unfortunately, but I did pick up NOTB and Somewhere In Time.

Somewhere in Time is my favorite! It will kick your white pasty arse.  ;D

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Iron Maiden Discography v. In a Time when Dinosaurs Roamed the Earth
« Reply #246 on: February 13, 2013, 11:33:14 AM »

It's amusing to me the people saying they avoided Maiden because of their satanic/evil image.  As a teenager, anything controversial didn't repel me, it drew me in.  Those Parental Advisory stickers were a godsend:  it helped me find music that I knew would piss off uptight adults. 

That being said, I also actually knew a lot about a lot of bands before trying them out because I'd read Hit Parader and Circus magazines.  (To you youngsters, a "magazine" was a periodical publication printed on actual paper that would come out every month or so. :P

Also, question:  Just out of curiosity, do people find it fun, or do you find it annoying, having a complete Iron Maiden n00b actively participating in the thread?

Annoyingly fun.   ;)

Offline Hayden

« Reply #247 on: February 13, 2013, 11:39:34 AM »
I can't actually pick a favorite Maiden album, but that one is definitely in the top-tier. Really groundbreaking, phenomenal stuff.

I don't know if I'd use that word to describe this album. I mean, perhaps "Rime..." might have broken a bit of ground, be it largely due to its ambitious length and scope. But the rest of the album? Not really. Most of the tracks can actually be described as Iron Maiden "playing it safe". And sure, "Powerslave" (the song) is progressive and was somewhat unconventional for the time period. But, to me, it just feels like a continuation of "To Tame a Land" - they share many similar traits. So, to call "Powerslave" innovative is to discredit "To Tame a Land". Was 'Powerslave' a good album? Yes. But was it groundbreaking? I certainly don't think so.

[...]even the so called "filler" is top-tier Maiden.

I guess you and I have a very different opinion of what constitutes "top-tier Maiden".

And that intro riff for Flash of the Blade???   OMG....that totally kicks ass.

Agreed! One day the riff simply popped itself into my head, and I'd completely forgotten what song it came from, or even who the artist was. After finally stumbling upon the track, my eyes basically just lit-up, and I've loved "Flash of the Blade" ever since.

Fine album, only The X Factor has reached this level since 1984.

Well, there's an uncommon opinion. It's great to see some love for 'The X Factor', though :tup.

The Duellists is my favourite from the album. The song continues the medieval mood present in "Losfer Words" and "Flash of the Blade". Actually, every song excluding Back in the Village is placed somewhere in the history. Anyway, The Duellists has high-energy verses, catchy chorus and lengthy, melodic interlude, which I consider to be one of the finest moments in the entire Iron Maiden discography.

"The Duellists" has never appealed to me, unfortunately :-\. For me, it bears too much resemblance to "Losfer Words", which had already overstayed its welcome for me.

Rime of the Ancient Mariner continues the majestic guitar work and is truly an epic song, which cannot be said about today's "epics" such as "When the Wild Wind Blows", which just rolls over 3 different riffs for 11 minutes (boooooring!).

I've never really understood this criticism, myself (mainly referring to "WtWWB"). Firstly, go listen to the song again; there are more than three riffs in there. Besides, even if you consider the riff count to be short, I don't believe one can argue with the quality of said riffs, especially the central one. They're well-written, they're interesting, they're entertaining, and they're evocative. In addition to that, they're diverse. The opening riff is haunting yet peaceful, the second riff is folky and beautiful, the third is driving, the fourth has a grand quality to it, the fifth is vivacious and almost celebratory, the sixth if a simple yet powerful riff with an appropriately foreboding tone, and the seventh is grandiose and climactic, and flows perfectly back in to the repeated first and second riffs. In fact, 'perfect flow' would be the best way to describe "WtWWB". Despite the variety in its many musical passages (and yes, there are many, if you pay attention), it still maintains its solidarity and its sense of natural progression. This track is perfectly pieced-together and constructed in such a way that ensures that each moment heightens the intensity of the song. It also features some really clever transitions which aid the song greatly in this regard.
But even with all that aside, I don't think riffage is the main thing to focus on in this track. This is largely a melody-driven song, and the melodic elements are ultimately what we should focus on. The vocal melodies throughout the track are just sublime, and are so, so memorable. And, ultimately, it's the vocal melodies that are the driving point of this song. From the classic feel of the main refrain, to the well-crafted transitional vocal passages, to the tasteful use of embellishment where appropriate - the vocal melody weaves its way through every changing section of the track, and ties the song together in a way that just feels so organic. You may compare this song to "Rime of the Ancient Mariner", point out that it's dissimilar, and then infer that it's inferior for that reason. But the fact of the matter is that Iron Maiden weren't trying to re-create "Rime.." at all; rather, they were writing a song that focused on atmosphere, storytelling, profundity and, most of all, melody. Though it may be similar in length, it's very different in structure, and that's because the intent behind it was different.
For what it is, "When the Wild Wind Blows" is nothing short of utterly superb.

Losfer words (Big 'orra) - My least favorite Maiden instrumental, the band probably wrote it quickly in order to complete the record. It's still good, and I especially like the ending.

I agree whole-heartedly here, and I share the very same theory.

Flash of the blade - Incredible riffs and a very catchy chorus. The instrumental section needs to be mentioned, as one of the few with no respective guitar solo, but it contains some lengthy, complex harmonies instead, which I love.

I also agree with you on this one. I think "Flash of the Blade" deserves all of the (limited) acclaim that it gets. I don't know how it can be considered to be weak, especially by those who, in the same breath, praise the four songs it lies between.

Powerslave is an astounding album, though it's also more superficial than Piece of Mind which preceded it, and Somewhere in Time, which came afterwards.

[...]

There are no bad songs on Powerslave, but neither are there any absolutely spectacular ones, even if "Rime" comes close. There's nothing as bad as "Gangland" or "Quest for Fire", and nothing as good as "Hallowed Be Thy Name" or "Revelations".

Ultimately, Powerslave is a very "cool" album that just doesn't move me as much as other Maiden records, except for maybe during the last half of the "Rime".[...]

This pretty much sums up my feelings towards the album. I feel that it is a step backwards from the brilliance of 'Piece of Mind', but still a respectable effort. It has some very fun moments, some epic moments, and some very impressive moments, but most of the content is merely on an 'alright-to-good' level, and some of the content really bogs down the album, and causes it to suffer a bit as a whole.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #248 on: February 13, 2013, 11:41:56 AM »
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #249 on: February 13, 2013, 12:08:09 PM »
"Where the Wild Wind Blows" is top 3 Maiden for me. It's up there with Paschendale. Also, thinking that "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" somehow has more variety than "Where the Wild Wind Blows" is just untrue. They're about the same, except WWTWB is more balanced overall, with the sections each getting about an equal amount of length, whereas RotAM is way more repetitive, though still really good.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 12:27:26 PM by Perpetual Change »

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #250 on: February 13, 2013, 12:08:19 PM »
I'm gonna go on a diffrent route than most people here and say that all the albums up until Powerslave have made more impact on me than Powerslave have, as an album. Don't get me wrong both the title song and Rime are in my top ten list and Aces High is an awesome song but i have to say that song is meant to be heard live with the Winston Churchill speech and to be honest that is what my ears are used to so everytime i hear the studio version i feel like something is missing.  :sadpanda:

2 Minutes To Midnight are one of those songs that i really never understood why it has made such a big impact amongst IM fans, it's a good song and yes i do agree it's a classic but mostly because fans and the band praise it so much. 2 minutes don't hook me like other Maiden classics do is probably what i'm trying to say. Still it's one of the better ones on the album.

Regarding the middle songs like Losfer Words, Flash Of The Blades, The Duellists i don't have much to say other than Flash Of The Blades has an awesome intro. I like Back In The Village though, awesome guitars and solos!

Powerslave and The Rime Of The Ancient Mariner is on a whole new universe compare to the rest of the album and they deserve every bit of praise they can get.

Rank time:
1. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
2. Powerslave
3. Aces High
4. 2 Minutes to Midnight
5. Back in the Village
6. Flash of the Blade
7. The Duelists
8. Losfer Words (Big 'Orra)

I have to give some love to the cover!!  :heart
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #251 on: February 13, 2013, 12:38:36 PM »
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #252 on: February 13, 2013, 01:31:03 PM »
This album kicks ass in so many ways.  I love every track but my favorites are pretty much the same as most:

Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner
Powerslave
Two Minutes To Midnight
Aces High
Back In The Village
The Duelists
Flash of The Blade
Losfer Words (Big 'Orra)

By the way, anyone actually know what a "Big 'Orra" is?

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #253 on: February 13, 2013, 01:34:31 PM »
I always thought that it stood for "Big Horror"
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #254 on: February 13, 2013, 01:46:27 PM »
On a side note, the b-side Mission From 'Arry is one of the greatest things I've ever heard.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #255 on: February 13, 2013, 01:52:08 PM »
I remember reading an interview with Steve Harris during the production of the album, where he remarked that he had written a 13 minute long song, and my mind immediately figured it would have the start quietly, build big structure I was used to. Imagine my shock then when that immense opening riff started, and the song didn't really become quiet until that more ambient section towards the middle, with the narration from the poem.
Great point. I think I would have a problem thinking of another metal epic starting off with a bang, the quiet intro became pretty much the obvious and most usual way to start the song. And I also share your love for Halloween, although I prefer Keeper of the seven keys. I like both of them just as much as I like Rime.

And it's great to have someone new to Maiden around to keep us updated. So, bosk, I envy you quite a bit, I wish I could discover Maiden again and have that kind of excitement.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #256 on: February 13, 2013, 01:57:28 PM »
I always thought that it stood for "Big Horror"

I always thought it was Irish slang for being disappointed or surprised. Not sure though.
edit- there you go

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/begorra#English

Etymology
Alteration of by God

Interjection
begorra
(Ireland) A mild minced oath; a euphemism for "by God".

I've been listening to some of the upcoming albums as I've never been a big fan of them and wanted up to date feedback for the discussion. Seems I've been a bit harsh in the past as songs i was convinced I didn't like I enjoyed. Oh well, discussion for a later date.

X Factor still seems to suck though  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 02:07:39 PM by Lowdz »

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #257 on: February 13, 2013, 03:20:11 PM »
Um...WOW.  Can't wait until it's time to discuss the next album.  :biggrin:  But I'll shut up about that for now... 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #258 on: February 13, 2013, 03:27:13 PM »
Um...WOW.  Can't wait until it's time to discuss the next album.  :biggrin:  But I'll shut up about that for now...
I'll say this. I wasn't crazy about Powerslave when it came out, but when Somwhere In Time came out, I was floored as well. At the time, I considered it my favorite thing they'd done to that point.
And that tour...My God..might be my all time favorite concert I've ever seen in my life!!!!

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #259 on: February 13, 2013, 03:37:57 PM »
I'll say this. I wasn't crazy about Powerslave when it came out, but when Somwhere In Time came out, I was floored as well. At the time, I considered it my favorite thing they'd done to that point.
And that tour...My God..might be my all time favorite concert I've ever seen in my life!!!!

Given how many shows you've seen, that's pretty high praise.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #260 on: February 13, 2013, 03:57:13 PM »

Given how many shows you've seen, that's pretty high praise.

Well it was a perfect night. I went to college 20 minutes north of Providence and I went with my best friend from college. We got down to the floor and between Waysted and Maiden, I run into my two best friends from high school completely unplanned.

But the show was great. An epic run of Rime Of the Ancient Mariner/Heaven Can Wait/Phantom Of The Opera/Hallowed Be Thy Name all in a row!!!
This was the days before you would know the setlist, right, so when they evr busted into Phantom..probably my favorite all time concert moment..so unexpected!

Here's some shots: I've posted these before..

March 30, 1987
Providence Civic Center

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #261 on: February 13, 2013, 03:59:08 PM »
Awesome photos Tac!  :tup
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline WebRaider

• Like What You Like, People...
« Reply #262 on: February 13, 2013, 05:13:37 PM »
Powerslave is yet another great Maiden album, but one that seems to be held in slightly higher regard by the long-time fans than myself. The big 4 on this album are exceptional classics but again there are two songs I feel drag the album down. Flash of the Blade isn't bad but it does nothing for me. Back in the Village's chorus absolutely kills the song for me it's monotonous and the way it's sung grates on my nerves for some reason. The Duelists and Losfer Words are ok by me with some interesting musical parts and nothing to make me dislike them.

It seems looking back that this is where the band really permanently solidified their prominence in the metal landscape. Although they had switched singers and band members all 4 albums to this point were generally of high quality and they were only taking things to higher and higher levels in the studio and in concert with promise of more to come.

My Rankings:

1. Aces High
2. Powerslave
3. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
4. 2 Minutes to Midnight
5. The Duelists
6. Losfer Words
7. Flash of the Blade
8. Back in the Village

Offline Hayden

« Reply #263 on: February 13, 2013, 06:25:38 PM »
"Where the Wild Wind Blows" is top 3 Maiden for me. It's up there with Paschendale. Also, thinking that "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" somehow has more variety than "Where the Wild Wind Blows" is just untrue. They're about the same, except WWTWB is more balanced overall, with the sections each getting about an equal amount of length, whereas RotAM is way more repetitive, though still really good.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. And "When the Wild Wind Blows" is also top 3 for me, along with "Dance of Death" and "Brighter Than a Thousand Suns" (though sometimes they switch places with "Blood Brothers").

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #264 on: February 13, 2013, 07:44:17 PM »
Oh yeah, it's "When"... hehe. :facepalm:

But that's a solid top three. Mine are, I think, 1.) "Paschendale" 2.) "When The Wild Wind Blows" and 3.) "Dance of Death", but "Only The Good Die Young", "Still Life", "Revelations" and "Journeyman" are up there, too. Weird how DoD isn't a great album, but the good stuff is REALLY good.

Powerslave just doesn't have any top 10 Maiden tunes for me. I like all the songs a lot, but SiT is much stronger, as was PoM. Again people seem to love the riffs and leads and solos of Powerslave, but that's never been what attracted me personally to Maiden.

Offline darkshade

« Reply #265 on: February 13, 2013, 09:06:33 PM »
All I have to say is....

"Through the fog and ice"

or as I used to hear it...

"Through the fucking ice"

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
« Reply #266 on: February 13, 2013, 09:49:10 PM »
Oh Powerslave...

I started my Iron Maiden fandom with Piece of Mind and The Number of the Beast and while I eventually grew to love those two albums, it wax Powerslave that cemented my love for this band.  Is it a perfect album? No, "Losfer Woods" is their weakest instrumental and while "Back in The Village" and "The Duellists" aren't terrible songs, it kinda ruins the flow of the album a bit to have the two weaker tracks sandwiched right in the middle. No, Powerslave isn't perfect but it contains so much condensed awesomeness that I can forgive its few weaknesses and even the weaker songs have some redeeming aspects.

It certainly helps that the album starts off with the incredible one-two punch of "Aces High" and "2 Minutes to Midnight." I've always been a much bigger fan of "Aces High" than "2 Minutes..." but I would feel guilty complaining about either.  I'll never understand the criticisms of "Flash of the Blade" as that's a great song but I seem to have some contrary opinions when it comes to Maiden.  "Losfer Woods" is the only track that seems filler-y and when I was first listening to the album, I'd skip the track usually but it isn't really a bad song, just a bit uneventful. It's the only song I have trouble coming up with anything positive to say.  "The Duellists" has a pretty neat solo and "Back in the Village" is actually a pretty good song with a great riff and cool solo, only the chorus drags it down a bit.

"Powerslave" has one of my favorite Maiden riffs of all time, maybe my favorite with some excellent singing and lyrics to back it up.  It's likely my favorite on the album and one of my favorite Maiden songs easily.

"Rime..." is a classic for a reason.  Funny how I rated it rather low when I first heard it.  I wasn't a stranger to long songs when I got into Maiden, but I think the slow, ambient section got to me a bit.  Now, I couldn't imagine the song without that bit.

So Powerslave is maybe not the best Maiden album, but for me, everything came together with their sound here.  Was The Number of the Beast a more important album and was Piece of Mind more revolutionary for Maiden? Maybe, likely it is.  I wasn't a fan back then so I can only go off what others say.  Did Maiden make other better, more consistent albums? Perhaps, but Powerslave is what I think of when I think Iron Maiden.  When I want my fix of Iron Maiden, I go to Powerslave.

And I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Offline Ruba

« Reply #267 on: February 14, 2013, 03:34:11 AM »
I have to give some love to the cover!!  :heart

Definately!

By the way, anyone actually know what a "Big 'Orra" is?

'Orra refers to "or a", something you let out of your mouth when you don't know what to say. The word "Big" just refers to it, that one doesn't really get anything to one's mind, even when trying hard. "Losfer Words" means "Lost for Words". So, they wrote an instrumental, because they had nothing to say!

On a side note, the b-side Mission From 'Arry is one of the greatest things I've ever heard.

Some cunt's recording this  :lol.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #268 on: February 14, 2013, 04:57:27 AM »
Mission from 'Arry is absolutely hilarious. I had no idea what the hell was going on until I watched the story behind it on The Early days part 2 documentary.   :lol

Offline Hayden

« Reply #269 on: February 14, 2013, 05:07:58 AM »
Oh yeah, it's "When"... hehe. :facepalm:

Haha, don't worry, I do stuff like that all the time; the only difference is I'm just usually lucky enough to edit it out in time before anyone sees.

But that's a solid top three. Mine are, I think, 1.) "Paschendale" 2.) "When The Wild Wind Blows" and 3.) "Dance of Death", but "Only The Good Die Young", "Still Life", "Revelations" and "Journeyman" are up there, too.

"Paschendale" is nothing short of amazing. Is there anything more epic than the "Into jaws of death we go..." section? And anything more climactic than the "Blood is falling like the rain..." section?

Weird how DoD isn't a great album, but the good stuff is REALLY good.

This is a pretty common opinion: 'DoD' has really high highs, but suffers from inconsistency. I personally don't agree with it, though. The album may suffer due to its jarring fluctuation between styles, but not due to inconsistent quality. If you ask me, every song on there is either very good or great. I really don't consider any of it to be 'filler'. Each song features really strong elements/moments which justify their inclusion on the album.

Powerslave just doesn't have any top 10 Maiden tunes for me. I like all the songs a lot, but SiT is much stronger, as was PoM. Again people seem to love the riffs and leads and solos of Powerslave, but that's never been what attracted me personally to Maiden.

Does 'SiT'?

« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 06:27:04 PM by Hayden »

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #270 on: February 14, 2013, 05:14:01 AM »
Mission from 'Arry is absolutely hilarious. I had no idea what the hell was going on until I watched the story behind it on The Early days part 2 documentary.   :lol
Yes i love that one and i must also highlight all the Listen with Nicko episodes on the First Ten Years series if anyone has missed those!

Here's a good start:
Listen with Nicko part 1

Btw here's the one we're he talks about Mission from 'Arry amongst other things:
Listen with Nicko part 6:

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #271 on: February 14, 2013, 06:55:32 AM »
This thread should also go through the solo albums afterwards. 
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline Mladen

« Reply #272 on: February 14, 2013, 08:33:52 AM »
Man, that would be sweet!  :metal

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #273 on: February 14, 2013, 09:42:20 AM »
The most impressive thing about Mission From 'Arry is that the band actually had the balls to release it. What an incredible look into the workings of a band. What makes people loyal to bands is that they are drawn to the perceived personalities of the members.
You know when a band releases something like that, they are being honest.

Maiden for life :metal

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #274 on: February 14, 2013, 10:27:35 AM »
UP THE IRONS!!   :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #275 on: February 14, 2013, 10:33:33 AM »
 :metal :metal

Powerslave also brought one of my favorite Maiden B sides..... Rainbow's Gold.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #276 on: February 14, 2013, 12:38:16 PM »

I was coming back to this thread just to post that!

Bosk, the 2 mandatory solo albums are both by Dickinson: Accident of Birth and Chemical Wedding. Both way more Maiden than Maiden was in the 90s. A little darker and heavier, especially CW.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #277 on: February 14, 2013, 12:42:27 PM »
Just a suggestion, should we not have a seperate thread for that?

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #278 on: February 14, 2013, 12:44:20 PM »

Sure thing.  I'm not super familiar with Bruce's material outside Accident of Birth and the Chemical Wedding but I definitely should be.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #279 on: February 14, 2013, 12:51:33 PM »
Just noticed that I haven't posted my thoughts on Powerslave. Here we go:

In essence, I agree with the general consensus. The bookends of the album are all fantastic, some of Maiden's best, with the title being the standout, easily. The middle of the album isn't quite up on that level, but except for Losfer Words (which is pretty uninteresting for me), they are pretty cool tracks as well. Back in the Village is probably my favourite of the bunch, because the main riff is pretty awesome. The chorus is a little pedestrian, but it works for the song.

All in all, this is certainly an essential album, but often, upon listening to it, I find myself being slightly bored in the middle, which is probably enhanced by the fact that I know that twenty minutes of Maiden's best are to follow.

1. Powerslave
2. The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
3. 2 Minutes to Midnight
4. Aces High
5. Back in the Village
6. Flash of the Blade
7. The Duellists
8. Losfer Words (Big 'Orra)
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!