Author Topic: DREAM THEATER RELEASES TRAILER FOR NEW DVD, BLU-RAY, CD  (Read 279089 times)

Offline goo-goo

Re: DREAM THEATER RELEASES TRAILER FOR NEW DVD, BLU-RAY, CD
« Reply #1680 on: October 02, 2013, 10:47:12 AM »
I got the bundle with the poster and pint glass. The poster looks awesome. I hope they ship it in a poster tube and not folded

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1681 on: October 02, 2013, 11:58:06 AM »
I got the deluxe bluray with 3cd...
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline lithium112

« Reply #1682 on: October 02, 2013, 03:34:01 PM »
Does anybody know if this version on Amazon is the 2DVD/3CD version: https://www.amazon.com/Live-Luna-Park-Dream-Theater/dp/B00F1W1SHG/ref=sr_1_2

The Product Details say there are 5 discs so I assume it is but wanted to see if anyone knows for sure.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1683 on: October 02, 2013, 04:57:57 PM »
Came here to post this.

:tup

I'm also wondering whether or not the UK ones are truly region encoded.

On the FAQ on that official DT merchandise site, it says:

"Unless indicated otherwise, our DVDs are NTSC and Region free (that means playback will not be limited by any region encoding your player may have) Our Blu-ray Discs are NTSC and region free."

Hmmm.... I may end up paying the extra 14 bucks on the US site just for the extra "security" and to be able to get it on release date.

The link has been updated with a full description. It makes no mention of the photobook that comes with the $109 version from DT's preorder site.

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #1684 on: October 02, 2013, 08:43:08 PM »
^ I'm going to give it a week or two and then ask a chat representative.

The deluxe book edition is apparently the only one that has Bluray, DVD, and CD, so I'm still assuming it is the right version. Plus, the "starting" price on Amazon is the price on the official site of the deluxe book.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline PetFish

« Reply #1685 on: October 02, 2013, 10:37:21 PM »
I'm confused cuz Amazon doesn't give very good details of what you get.

Is this:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F1W1SFS/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

the same as

https://www.myplaydirect.com/dream-theater/deluxe-book-bundle/details/28909097

? ? ? ? ?

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #1686 on: October 02, 2013, 10:48:20 PM »
Yea that is unclear, but I think it would be just the 60 page book with Bluray, DVD, and CDs. That choic that doesn't have the glass, poster, and key chain.

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #1687 on: October 03, 2013, 11:10:03 AM »
I hope you guys preordered and locked in the 63 dollar price, because it jumped to $77 today.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1688 on: October 03, 2013, 11:10:37 AM »

The deluxe book edition is apparently the only one that has Bluray, DVD, and CD, so I'm still assuming it is the right version. Plus, the "starting" price on Amazon is the price on the official site of the deluxe book.

Oh I know, I just wish it said it had the photobook!

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #1689 on: October 03, 2013, 11:14:07 AM »

Oh I know, I just wish it said it had the photobook!

Yeah, I hope it clarifies, but at least Amazon doesn't charge until the item ships. Plenty of time to find out.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #1690 on: October 03, 2013, 10:35:07 PM »
I didn't pre-order with the $66 price cuz it still doesn't say if it's the version with the book.  If it is, then $77 is still good, but if not then what are we paying for?  I mean, the MSRP is roughly the same ($110/$125) or whatever so can we just assume it's the same big-ass version?  Amazon doesn't even say if it comes with the glass and other stuff so I dunno.

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #1691 on: October 04, 2013, 06:17:11 AM »
I didn't pre-order with the $66 price cuz it still doesn't say if it's the version with the book.  If it is, then $77 is still good, but if not then what are we paying for?  I mean, the MSRP is roughly the same ($110/$125) or whatever so can we just assume it's the same big-ass version?  Amazon doesn't even say if it comes with the glass and other stuff so I dunno.

Why not just temporarily preorder? Amazon doesn't charge or even put any authorizations on your payment method until an item ships. Plus, you can cancel it easily anytime by going into Orders. No calling and no emailing necessary. If you find out it isn't what you want, just cancel.

I do this all the time lol.

Offline Jinx

• The Unicyclist's #1 fan!
  • Shaaaamaan take my haaaannd!!
« Reply #1692 on: October 04, 2013, 06:32:31 AM »

I would say that it will be the same as this:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00EJJSUQE/ref=aw_d_pd_dvd?qid=1380889682&sr=8-1

So yeah, deluxe book, CDs and what not. I think the glass and keychains are exclusive to that official ordering site.

Offline adastra

« Reply #1693 on: October 04, 2013, 06:33:11 AM »
Im not satisfied with the lack of different kind of editions..  We need at least DELUXE 2-VHS and .AVI Download   too.
Stay by my side / as I fade / so you can point to the end of my struggle /and the twilight of eternal days / at the low, dark edge of life.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #1694 on: October 04, 2013, 08:08:42 AM »
VHS  :lol
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1695 on: October 04, 2013, 09:14:40 AM »

Given that the 'official' preorder page lists the ones with pint glass and poster as "EXCLUSIVE" I'd say NOBODY else is selling those (outside of people re-selling them on ebay and the likes) that's kind of what EXCLUSIVE means.

So the 66/77 dollar one on amazon (depending on when you ordered) should be akin to the $109 dollar "NON EXCLUSIVE" bundle.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #1696 on: October 04, 2013, 10:51:42 PM »
Good advice about the pre-order canceling thing and the 'exclusive' part that I missed.

I don't care about the glass/poster, but the book would be awesome, yet it's not listed on the Amazon page.  Any ideas?

Offline Jinx

« Reply #1697 on: October 05, 2013, 03:17:35 AM »
It will definitely be the book. Theres the BluRay set, the DVD set or the book which is the BluRay, DVD and CD. You can order that one in confidence I assure you  :tup

Offline BFRedrocks

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1698 on: October 07, 2013, 04:31:56 PM »
So does the group believe that this version on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Live-Luna-Park-DELUXE-Blu-Ray/dp/B00F1W1SFS/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1381184308&sr=8-5&keywords=live+at+luna+park

Live at Luna Park DELUXE [Blu-Ray/2DVD/3CD] (2013)
Dream Theater (Actor), Dream Theater (Director) | Rated: NR | Format: Blu-ray
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
List Price: $109.98
Price: $76.99 Eligible for free shipping with Amazon Prime. 
Deal Price:   
You Save: $32.99 (30%) 
Pre-order Price Guarantee. Learn more.

is the one that includes the 60-page book?

I am hopeful as it does list the "original" price as $109 which is what the book bundle price is on the official web site.  I pre-ordered it anyway, so hopefully we find out for sure before it ships.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 04:41:09 PM by BFRedrocks »

Offline Another_Won

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Attest to the mighty river.Let the truth be heard!
« Reply #1699 on: October 07, 2013, 08:34:13 PM »
So does the group believe that this version on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Live-Luna-Park-DELUXE-Blu-Ray/dp/B00F1W1SFS/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1381184308&sr=8-5&keywords=live+at+luna+park

Live at Luna Park DELUXE [Blu-Ray/2DVD/3CD] (2013)
Dream Theater (Actor), Dream Theater (Director) | Rated: NR | Format: Blu-ray
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
List Price: $109.98
Price: $76.99 Eligible for free shipping with Amazon Prime. 
Deal Price:   
You Save: $32.99 (30%) 
Pre-order Price Guarantee. Learn more.

is the one that includes the 60-page book?

I am hopeful as it does list the "original" price as $109 which is what the book bundle price is on the official web site.  I pre-ordered it anyway, so hopefully we find out for sure before it ships.
This is what I was thinking about ordering.  Obviously the physical media is clear but I also echo the question about the book  . . . .

Offline PetFish

« Reply #1700 on: October 07, 2013, 10:37:09 PM »
I'm still hesitant to order this cuz of no info on the book.  Who can we contact to figure this puzzle out?

Offline Bluefish1

« Reply #1701 on: October 08, 2013, 09:50:53 AM »

I'm confused.  An earlier press release stated that the CDs will only be available in the deluxe book edition.  An October 7 press release stated that they would be available in Blu Ray/CD and DVD/CD packages.  These packages are all listed on amazon.com.

Can someone clarify this for me?  Will the CDs be available in a Blu Ray/CD package as stated in the October 7 press release or only in the deluxe book edition as previously announced?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Jinx

« Reply #1702 on: October 08, 2013, 10:44:15 AM »

I'm confused.  An earlier press release stated that the CDs will only be available in the deluxe book edition.  An October 7 press release stated that they would be available in Blu Ray/CD and DVD/CD packages.  These packages are all listed on amazon.com.

Can someone clarify this for me?  Will the CDs be available in a Blu Ray/CD package as stated in the October 7 press release or only in the deluxe book edition as previously announced?

Thanks in advance.

To be honest all along its always seemed no-one has had a clue what was going on at all anyway so they are probably just making it up as they go...

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #1703 on: October 08, 2013, 11:08:26 AM »
It really does seem that way.

Offline Bluefish1

« Reply #1704 on: October 08, 2013, 12:09:51 PM »

Thanks in advance.

To be honest all along its always seemed no-one has had a clue what was going on at all anyway so they are probably just making it up as they go...

I agree.  They must have intended for this to be released in May as originally announced.  Not less than two months after they released a new album.  I just wish that they would issue a clarification because the press releases are contradictory.  I ordered the Blu Ray/CD from amazon.com.  I hope it comes in that combination.

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #1705 on: October 08, 2013, 01:58:42 PM »
is no one actually looking at the site the band is using to sell LALP? its pretty clear what all the options are.
https://www.myplaydirect.com/dream-theater/deluxe-blu-ray-3-cd/details/28909250 so yeah there is a bluray/cd set, and a dvd/cd set, and the book version, or just bluray or dvd on its own.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #1706 on: October 08, 2013, 02:05:47 PM »
The band has a website?

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1707 on: October 08, 2013, 02:25:15 PM »
is no one actually looking at the site the band is using to sell LALP? its pretty clear what all the options are.
https://www.myplaydirect.com/dream-theater/deluxe-blu-ray-3-cd/details/28909250 so yeah there is a bluray/cd set, and a dvd/cd set, and the book version, or just bluray or dvd on its own.

Depending on which country you are in they have different options. The US seems to have all of them while other countries have less. For example, here is Argentina we don't have the 2 DVD/ 3 CD option which is available for the US.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1708 on: October 11, 2013, 11:42:16 AM »
Does anyone know what the DVD in the deluxe version (https://www.myplaydirect.com/dream-theater/deluxe-2-dvd-3-cd/details/28909247) has that the DVD in the cheapest version (https://www.myplaydirect.com/dream-theater/live-at-luna-park/details/28909101) does not have?  They don't say.  Are the 3 CDs the only difference, or is there additional content on the DVDs?  I don't want the CDs, but I want to make sure I get all of the backstage footage and interviews on DVD.  Does the cheapest version not have that?  They need more descriptions.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 11:50:36 AM by Mebert78 »
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #1709 on: October 11, 2013, 12:06:18 PM »
im pretty sure the only difference is the cds, all the dvds would be manufactured the same way with the same special features. my guess anyway

Offline YtseJamittaja

• Yub Nub
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1710 on: October 11, 2013, 01:56:30 PM »
The Blu-ray has all bonus content as far as I know. The only difference between blu-ray and dvd is that blu-ray has 6 multi angle options on Outcry.
Do you even whahíbrido pickingant?

M Y  L A S T. F M  P R O F I L E

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1711 on: October 11, 2013, 02:28:45 PM »
im pretty sure the only difference is the cds, all the dvds would be manufactured the same way with the same special features. my guess anyway

I might have to get the deluxe just to be safe.  I hope they are not purposely being vague and lacking description to get people to go for the deluxe, like I'm apparently going to do.   My concern is that they make a point of saying "2 DVDs" in the deluxe option I linked above, but don't say "2 DVDs" in the cheapest option -- so I'm thinking it might be a single DVD that aired in theaters with no backstage content.
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #1712 on: October 11, 2013, 04:18:44 PM »
Is the set cheaper on Amazon? I'm not paying fifty bucks for this.  :|

EDIT: Alright, it's about $43 on Amazon for the BR/CD edition. Still a bit over my budget for a single release.  :sad:
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline DP_Gumby

• Wished I lived in any fantasy realm
« Reply #1713 on: October 11, 2013, 04:30:28 PM »
These are the same version, but with the currency here in Norway I'll save $33 buying it from Platekompaniet.no rather than from Myplaydirect.com.
https://www.myplaydirect.com/dream-theater/deluxe-book/details/28909253
https://www.platekompaniet.no/Film.aspx/BLU-RAY/Dream_Theater_-_Live_At_Luna_Park_Deluxe_Earbook_Edition_Blu-ray__2DVD__3CD__Bok/?id=EREDV979

So instead of paying approx. $106, I can just pay $73.

Hmm.. There's no way I could think twice about deciding where to buy LALP in this case. And the fun thing about buying it from the cheapest place is also their policy on delivery for pre-orders. Usually I would recieve anything I pre-order from them on the day of launch/release, or even better, the day before.  :biggrin:

Not shure though why Platekompaniet would call the Deluxe Book as "Deluxe Earbook Edition"?
"This morning, shortly after eleven o'clock, comedy struck this little house in Dibley. Sudden. Violent. Comedy." - Monty Python's Flying Circus.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1714 on: October 11, 2013, 04:50:11 PM »
On Amazon the BR is $14, the DVD/CD set is $48, and the BR/CD set is $43. Is that right? That seems bizarre.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'