Author Topic: DREAM THEATER RELEASES TRAILER FOR NEW DVD, BLU-RAY, CD  (Read 279261 times)

Offline McNugg

• Lurker Extraordinaire
Re: DREAM THEATER RELEASES TRAILER FOR NEW DVD, BLU-RAY, CD
« Reply #1645 on: September 06, 2013, 02:47:22 AM »
Until I see a promotional video with ACTUAL concert audio, I'm not touching this. Sorry, but it's been so delayed and so miscommunicated with fans, that I now am less excited about this release, and more just wondering "what are they hiding?".

There's been a promotional video with actual concert audio floating around since April.  https://www.roadrunnerrecords.co.uk/page/News?news_id=121664

Why the video has always been unlisted on youtube, I have no idea.  Would think any help in promoting the Bluray would be a good thing..
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 03:26:24 AM by McNugg »

Offline DreamTension

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Live in the moment, breathe in a nude beginning
« Reply #1646 on: September 06, 2013, 09:01:09 AM »
Maybe the delay was so they could show it in the movie theaters prior to release.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1647 on: September 06, 2013, 09:03:15 AM »
Maybe the delay was so they could show it in the movie theaters prior to release.

That most certainly is part of it (along with maybe production issues?) They surely wouldn't release it before trying to milk some money out of folks showing it in theaters first.  They'd step all over themselves doing that.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1648 on: September 06, 2013, 12:46:19 PM »
You know another theory that no one seems to mention is the fact that DT will not tour directly after the album which means there would be a gap between the album release and the tour supporting the album unless they release a concert DVD to fill that gap and get fans hyped for the following tour. To me that seems like a pretty logic time schedule from a record company. It's all speculations from my end though.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline aprilethereal

« Reply #1649 on: September 06, 2013, 01:03:14 PM »
It's just that LALP is not released by :soon:

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #1650 on: September 06, 2013, 01:10:08 PM »

It still benefits Roadrunner by keeping interest in the band high after a record release and before a tour, so I'm sure they were likely in correspondence with the companies directly responsible for the DVD.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1651 on: September 06, 2013, 01:36:07 PM »
Still trying to keep a positive attitude about this release because I am really anxious to see the ADTOE songs performed plus Metropolis, but . . .

3 of my 4 least favorite songs from Awake (along with Lie)
My least favorite song from SC
BY FAR my 2 least favorite "songs" from SDOIT
Middle-of-the-pack song from WDADU
Very overdone song from SFAM

If the audio and video is as great as advertised, it'll overcome the above.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1652 on: September 06, 2013, 02:01:39 PM »
Wrong of me to say record company, I meant "a pretty logic decision from the DT camp if they are following a certain time schedule".

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Lukeage

« Reply #1653 on: September 07, 2013, 01:53:39 AM »
I'm so so sorry if this has been asked somewhere else or confirmed anywhere (but I can't find)... has there been any word that there may be a LALP showing in movie theatres in Australia??

I would love to go and see it in a movie theatre is all... and I've seen lots of US dates for it but yeah.

And even if there's any possibility that the tour in promotion of the new album may make it over here? I don't think they've been over here since BC&SL...  :( :( :(

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #1654 on: September 07, 2013, 01:59:15 AM »
I'm not sure. When I read the recent press release I saw three showings in Austria (AT) and one is a country labeled "AU". Could it be Australia?
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline Lukeage

« Reply #1655 on: September 07, 2013, 02:09:34 AM »
I'm not sure. When I read the recent press release I saw three showings in Austria (AT) and one is a country labeled "AU". Could it be Australia?

Oh yeah... It is. Avoca Beach, NSW, Australia. Well there is no way I'm going there for it! That's not even in my state. If I lived in NSW I'd be there, for sure. Do you reckon there's more dates than this to come?! Need one in Brisbane and I'll be happy!!!  ;D

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #1656 on: September 07, 2013, 07:32:16 AM »
I don't think I see any FII tracks on that setlist. That's kind of a shame. Really glad I'll finally get to see a live rendition of 6:00 though.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline robwebster

« Reply #1657 on: September 07, 2013, 08:06:02 AM »
I don't think I see any FII tracks on that setlist. That's kind of a shame. Really glad I'll finally get to see a live rendition of 6:00 though.
Train of Thought and Black Clouds are both completely absent, too. Which is fine. I quite like that they don't just cross things off a checklist. (By and large!)

That said, I would be completely okay with The Spirit Carries On not being on another DVD for a while. Between Metropolis 2000, Score, Luna Park, and seeing it on three of the four occasions I've caught the band live, I'm getting a little tuckered out.

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks!
« Reply #1658 on: September 07, 2013, 08:16:23 AM »
That said, I would be completely okay with The Spirit Carries On not being on another DVD for a while.
Totally agreed. It's a great song, but they play it a lot.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1659 on: September 07, 2013, 08:33:41 AM »
I'm on the opposite camp on this one. I would be happy if they made it a fixed point in setlists for the rest of their career, even though I'm perfectly aware that such event will never happen.
- Marco

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #1660 on: September 07, 2013, 10:15:58 AM »
That said, I would be completely okay with The Spirit Carries On not being on another DVD for a while.
Yeah, I don't even like the song too much and on the top of that they always begin it with some 20-minute extended intro :-\

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #1661 on: October 02, 2013, 08:44:18 AM »
Preorders up for all editions of LALP:
 https://www.myplaydirect.com/dream-theater?utm_medium=post&utm_source=facebook&utm_content=dream%20theater%20d2c%20preorder%20promote&utm_campaign=dream%20theater%20d2c%20preorder%20promote&cid=lg:13w2

pretty cool packages, but why is it so overpriced  :-\
odds are ill get the most deluxe package anyway cause i have no self restraint, but really, $130 after shipping? a bit excessive considering even the dt12 box set wasnt that much...

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #1662 on: October 02, 2013, 08:48:55 AM »
Preorders up for all editions of LALP:
 https://www.myplaydirect.com/dream-theater?utm_medium=post&utm_source=facebook&utm_content=dream%20theater%20d2c%20preorder%20promote&utm_campaign=dream%20theater%20d2c%20preorder%20promote&cid=lg:13w2

pretty cool packages, but why is it so overpriced  :-\
odds are ill get the most deluxe package anyway cause i have no self restraint, but really, $130 after shipping? a bit excessive considering even the dt12 box set wasnt that much...

WOW.  Deluxe Package

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1663 on: October 02, 2013, 08:49:49 AM »
Is it just me, or is there not a plain DVD version listed there? I see it included with other editions, but for a basic version, it only lists a Bluray. There would have to be a basic DVD version available.

I'd only want to get a basic DVD version. I don't have Bluray yet, and I don't listen to live CDs.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1664 on: October 02, 2013, 08:53:41 AM »
Is it just me, or is there not a plain DVD version listed there? I see it included with other editions, but for a basic version, it only lists a Bluray. There would have to be a basic DVD version available.

I'd only want to get a basic DVD version. I don't have Bluray yet, and I don't listen to live CDs.

https://www.amazon.com/Live-Luna-Park-Dream-Theater/dp/B00F1W1SQW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1380725603&sr=8-2&keywords=dream+theater+live+at+luna+park+dvd

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1665 on: October 02, 2013, 08:58:05 AM »

https://www.amazon.com/Live-Luna-Park-Dream-Theater/dp/B00F1W1SQW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1380725603&sr=8-2&keywords=dream+theater+live+at+luna+park+dvd

Thanks. I knew there had to be a DVD version, but I didn't see it on that site!
I'll just pick it up on the release date in store, as our record store (JB-Hifi) is always very prompt with having a bunch of copies on shelves right on release day, or even the day before. :hat

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1666 on: October 02, 2013, 08:59:40 AM »

Thanks. I knew there had to be a DVD version, but I didn't see it on that site!
I'll just pick it up on the release date in store, as our record store (JB-Hifi) is always very prompt with having a bunch of copies on shelves right on release day, or even the day before. :hat

I am going to be selfish and buy the whole package. 

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1667 on: October 02, 2013, 09:04:00 AM »

But is this just the same version show in theaters without the behind-the-scenes footage and interviews?  I want a DVD version without all of the extra goodies, but I also want the behind-the-scenes interviews and backstage footage.
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1668 on: October 02, 2013, 09:06:38 AM »

But is this just the same version show in theaters without the behind-the-scenes footage and interviews?  I want a DVD version without all of the extra goodies, but I also want the behind-the-scenes interviews and backstage footage.

It's 2 DVDs. The basic DVD version has all of the extras, such as the additional songs, documentary stuff etc, so you're getting more than you saw in the theater.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #1669 on: October 02, 2013, 09:06:52 AM »
The deluxe version costs 80 bucks?  :(
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1670 on: October 02, 2013, 09:11:04 AM »

I love DT as much as any of us here, but I think they went overboard with these packages.
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1671 on: October 02, 2013, 09:14:40 AM »

I love DT as much as any of us here, but I think they went overboard with these packages.

It looks like two of them are exclusive to that official store though, so they're probably more of a limited deal. If you want that stuff and have the money, I guess it's nice to have something special, although I couldn't justify that cost for a live concert for the extra trinkets.

I'll be more than content to have a new high quality DT DVD! Nothing else necessary. :metal

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #1672 on: October 02, 2013, 09:21:35 AM »
Hey guys, those that want the Deluxe book version, order it from Amazon UK before they change the price!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00EJJSUQE/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I order from Amazon UK all the time (and I am in the US). It is NTSC, so the Blurays and DVDs will play in a normal DVD/Bluray player. The only downside is waiting a couple extra days (but it usually still comes pretty quick).

You don't have to pay VAT (their version of tax, basically) if you are in the U.S., so it works out to about 50 bucks (shipped!).

Amazon has a price match guarantee, so even though it will likely get fixed before release, you will lock in the current price. You don't get charged until it ships, so you can cancel anytime, too!

EDIT: Crap, I might be wrong. It is NTSC but Region 2, so it won't play in a non-region free player. :(
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1673 on: October 02, 2013, 09:28:13 AM »
@Shadow222222: I ordered the box there a couple weeks ago. Is it possible that the price changes there as well and I'll have to pay a different amount than the one that was on when I placed the order (and still is)?
- Marco

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #1674 on: October 02, 2013, 09:32:17 AM »
@Shadow222222: I ordered the box there a couple weeks ago. Is it possible that the price changes there as well and I'll have to pay a different amount than the one that was on when I placed the order (and still is)?

Nope :) That's my favorite, favorite, favorite thing about Amazon (whether it be Amazon USA, or Amazon UK)! They have a price match guarantee, so if you preorder something at 5 dollars, and it eventually is changed to 100 dollars right before released, you will only get charged the original price you preordered at!

Very rarely they will cancel an order if it is an extreme price difference (such as a $3000 TV accidentally being price at $300), but they will always let you know by email way beforehand. I've only ever had an order cancelled once, and it was a GIANT price mistake.

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1675 on: October 02, 2013, 09:42:10 AM »
Official preorders are up on the bands webstore....finally.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #1676 on: October 02, 2013, 09:44:28 AM »
Okay, us USA peeps can still get a pretty hefty discount.

Amazon US has the Deluxe Book/Bluray/DVD/CD edition for $64 right now (free shipping in the US, too).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F1W1SFS/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I know this, even with the lack of info, because the original price is $109.98 (just like on the official DT site).

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1677 on: October 02, 2013, 09:53:19 AM »
Okay, us USA peeps can still get a pretty hefty discount.

Amazon US has the Deluxe Book/Bluray/DVD/CD edition for $64 right now (free shipping in the US, too).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F1W1SFS/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I know this, even with the lack of info, because the original price is $109.98 (just like on the official DT site).

Came here to post this.

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #1678 on: October 02, 2013, 10:00:54 AM »
Came here to post this.

:tup

I'm also wondering whether or not the UK ones are truly region encoded.

On the FAQ on that official DT merchandise site, it says:

"Unless indicated otherwise, our DVDs are NTSC and Region free (that means playback will not be limited by any region encoding your player may have) Our Blu-ray Discs are NTSC and region free."

Hmmm.... I may end up paying the extra 14 bucks on the US site just for the extra "security" and to be able to get it on release date.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 10:07:38 AM by Shadow2222 »

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1679 on: October 02, 2013, 10:46:33 AM »

I feel that about any highly anticipated release these days.

Everything comes with a super special "collectable" edition, but usually when you look at what you're getting, it's not a good value. Also, things that advertise as being "collectable" or "special' are usually anything but. A few months ago, RR was still selling Black Clouds box sets for half the original price.  :lol

Just give me the BluRay with a digital download of the audio. That's all I care about.

The pint glass is nice too but I already have enough novelty pint glasses.

For the poster, give me a shot of the guys playing at Luna Park, and I'd consider it. No way I'm putting more Hugh Syme on the wall. The Systematic Chaos artwork is more than enough, and that's only up because it's the signed lithograph.